[NEohioPAL]A Weathervane Cabaret Event: Kate Loitz

WcpAkron at aol.com WcpAkron at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 15:55:54 PDT 2003

--part1_123.22b8a7e2.2c1b6fd1_boundary

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE
Presents a Special Event
I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore:
Songs of Love and Experience

Weathervane Playhouse is pleased to offer this special presentation of I'M
GLAD I'M NOT YOUNG ANYMORE: Songs of Love and Experience, performed by Kate Loitz
.  This event will be presented twice; Sunday, June 22 and 29 at 7:30 p.m. in
the Playhouse Lobby.  I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore showcases the wit and
intelligence of Kate Loitz, as well as her lovely voice.  Selections include the
title song by Lerner and Loewe, the rarely-heard Vernon Duke song Paris in
New York and two numbers by Chicago songwriter Michael Peter Smith, Last Day of
Pompeii and The Dutchman.

Loitz is a graduate of Rootstown High School (Portage County) and Kent State
University.  In her earlier career, Loitz appeared in many musicals at
Weathervane Playhouse and Coach House Theatre including The 1940's Radio Hour;
Candide; West Side Story; Company; Spoon River Anthology and Starting Here, Starting
Now.  After 25 years away from the stage, Loitz returned to music two years
ago when, for her birthday, her husband Albert Sherman teamed her up with one
of the premiere vocal coaches/arrangers in Manhattan, Robert Marks.

Loitz has recently release her first CD, I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore, a
tasty and well-produced exploration of Popular Standards plus a few
not-so-Standard discoveries that will surprise you.  Loitz sings with sensitivity and
seasoning, backed by pianist Robert Marks and a swinging trio.  A sample of the CD
can be heard at www.cdbaby.com.

Join us Sunday, June 22 or 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the lobby for this special
presentation.  General Admission tickets are $10. Purchase by phone at
330-836-2626 with Visa, MasterCard or Discover.  Ticket Office hours are Tuesday through
Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

--part1_123.22b8a7e2.2c1b6fd1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000=
" SIZE=3D2>WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE
<BR>Presents a Special Event
<BR><I>I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore:
<BR>Songs of Love and Experience</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FAM=
ILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></I>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR>Weathervane Playhouse is pleased to offer this special presentation of <=
B><I>I'M GLAD I'M NOT YOUNG ANYMORE: Songs of Love and Experience,</B></I> p=
erformed by <B>Kate Loitz</B>.  This event will be presented twice; </F=
ONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LA=
NG=3D"0">Sunday, June 22 and 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the Playhouse Lobby</FONT><F=
ONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"=
0">.  <I>I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore</I> showcases the wit and intel=
ligence of Kate Loitz, as well as her lovely voice.  Selections include=
 the title song by Lerner and Loewe, the rarely-heard Vernon Duke song <I>Pa=
ris in New York</I> and two numbers by Chicago songwriter Michael Peter Smit=
h, <I>Last Day of Pompeii</I> and <I>The Dutchman</I>.
<BR>
<BR>Loitz is a graduate of Rootstown High School (Portage County) and Kent S=
tate University.  In her earlier career, Loitz appeared in many musical=
s at Weathervane Playhouse and Coach House Theatre including <I>The 1940's R=
adio Hour; Candide; West Side Story; Company; Spoon River Anthology</I> and=20=
<I>Starting Here, Starting Now</I>.  After 25 years away from the stage=
, Loitz returned to music two years ago when, for her birthday, her husband=20=
Albert Sherman teamed her up with one of the premiere vocal coaches/arranger=
s in Manhattan, Robert Marks.
<BR>
<BR>Loitz has recently release her first CD, <I>I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymo=
re</I>, a tasty and well-produced exploration of Popular Standards plus a fe=
w not-so-Standard discoveries that will surprise you.  Loitz sings with=
 sensitivity and seasoning, backed by pianist Robert Marks and a swinging tr=
io.  A sample of the CD can be heard at www.cdbaby.com.
<BR>
<BR>Join us </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FA=
CE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Sunday, June 22 or 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the lobby</FON=
T><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"> for this special presentation.  </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000"=
 SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">General Admission t=
ickets are $10</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=20=
FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">. Purchase by phone at 330-836-2626 with Visa, Mas=
terCard or Discover.  Ticket Office hours are Tuesday through Friday fr=
om 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
<BR>
<BR></P></P></FONT></HTML>

From: Nancy Sweeney/Cedar Street Graphics" <nancy at cedarstreetgraphics.com (Nancy Sweeney/Cedar Street Graphics)
Date: Fri Jun 13 15:56:12 2003
Subject: [NEohioPAL]Songs for A New World Opens Tonight!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C331BB.1226BD80

"It's about one moment. It's about hitting the wall and having to make a =
choice, or take a stand, or turn around and go back. The moment you =
think you know where you stand, the things that you're sure of slip from =
your hand, and you're suddenly a stranger in some completely different =
land."=20
-- Jason Robert Brown

Songs for a New World opens tonight at Brecksville Theater on the =
Square. Shows run Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. and Sundays at =
2:00pm through June 22.

The show is a collection of 16 songs which are interwoven to reflect a =
range of emotions just about anyone could experience at any time. It =
goes through a day in the life of everyman or everywoman in America. The =
audience takes the journey along with the characters.

There's a lot of faith and prayer and looking to others, and ultimately =
to a higher power for a compass to find a way through life. It's the =
idea that this is a new world and we're constantly striving to make it a =
better place for others and ourselves.

The show is directed by Winnie Flynn and music directed by Bryan Bowser. =
Cast members are Jeanette Stack Luli, Aubrie Knight, Sarah Koenig, Craig =
Reynolds, Bryan Bowser and Carli Taylor Miluk. Accompanist is =
Christopher Toth and Technical Director is Michael Lenzo.

All performances are held at the Old Town Hall in Brecksville at the =
intersection of routes 82 and 21. Tickets for the show are $10 per =
person. There is a wine and cheese reception preceding the two Saturday =
shows at 7:00 p.m. sponsored by Mill Road Grille. Tickets for the wine =
and cheese reception are $7 with the purchase of a show ticket.

For tickets or additional information, please call 440-526-3443 or visit =
our website at www.btots.org.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C331BB.1226BD80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><EM>"It's about one moment. It's about =
hitting the=20
wall and having to make a choice, or take a stand, or turn around and go =
back.=20
The moment you think you know where you stand, the things that you're =
sure of=20
slip from your hand, and you're suddenly a stranger in some completely =
different=20
land."</EM>=20
<P align=3Dright>-- Jason Robert Brown</P>
<P align=3Dleft><STRONG><FONT size=3D3>Songs for a New World opens =
tonight at=20
Brecksville Theater on the Square. Shows run Fridays and Saturdays at =
8:00 p.m.=20
and Sundays at 2:00pm through June 22.</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P align=3Dleft>The show is a collection of 16 songs which are =
interwoven to=20
reflect a range of emotions just about anyone could experience at any =
time. It=20
goes through a day in the life of everyman or everywoman in America. The =

audience takes the journey along with the characters.</P>
<P align=3Dleft>There's a lot of faith and prayer and looking to others, =
and=20
ultimately to a higher power for a compass to find a way through life. =
It's the=20
idea that this is a new world and we're constantly striving to make it a =
better=20
place for others and ourselves.</P>
<P align=3Dleft>The show is directed by Winnie Flynn and music directed =
by Bryan=20
Bowser. Cast members are Jeanette Stack Luli, Aubrie Knight, Sarah =
Koenig, Craig=20
Reynolds, Bryan Bowser and Carli Taylor Miluk. Accompanist is =
Christopher Toth=20
and Technical Director is Michael Lenzo.</P>
<P align=3Dleft>All performances are held at the Old Town Hall in =
Brecksville at=20
the intersection of routes 82 and 21. Tickets for the show are $10 per =
person.=20
There is a wine and cheese reception preceding the two Saturday shows at =
7:00=20
p.m. sponsored by Mill Road Grille. Tickets for the wine and cheese =
reception=20
are $7 with the purchase of a show ticket.</P>
<P align=3Dleft><STRONG>For tickets or additional information, please =
call=20
440-526-3443 or visit our website at </STRONG><A=20
href=3D"http://www.btots.org"><STRONG>www.btots.org</STRONG></A><STRONG>.=
</STRONG></FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C331BB.1226BD80--