[NEohioPAL]Cain Park opens season "Jazzed About the Movies"

Ksenia ksenia at mail.clvhts.com
Sun Jun 15 23:37:15 PDT 2003

--MS_Mac_OE_3138549018_477644_MIME_Part

Cain Park opens its 2003 season with three cabarets in a series of eight
that showcase new and established talents in the intimate setting of the
Alma Theater where magic can
happen!

ALMA CABARET SERIES
CAIN PARK Alma Theater, 7:30pm.  $14 in advance.  Tickets at Ticketmaster
and Cain Park (216-371-3000)
http://www.cainpark.com

JAZZED ABOUT THE MOVIES
Tue, June 17.  Spend an evening with song stylist Kathleen Shannon and
Cleveland jazz musicians Rock Wehrmann and Aidan Plank as they celebrate
music from your favorite films.  Hear great tunes composed by Cole Porter,
Irving Berlin, Burt Bacharach and many more!  From The King and I to
Casablanca to Doctor Doolittle, these great movie melodies are sure to send
you away humming, singing and jazzed about the movies!

THE WIZARDS OF ACOUSTIC GUITAR
Wed, June 18.  Representative of America=B9s new generation of fingerstyle
acoustic guitarists, Brian Henke (Cleveland, Ohio), Michael Kelsey
(Lafayette, Indiana) and Jim Volk (Columbus, Ohio) number among the finest
and most adventurous.  Henke=B9s =B3unique guitar style appeals=8Ato anyone who
likes their music lyrical, thought-provoking and performed with virtuosity=B2
[Cleveland Magazine]. Inspired by the late Michael Hedges=B9 iconoclastic
approach to acoustic music, Michael Kelsey naturally transitioned into a
=B3funkopated=B2 style he calls =B3progressive aggressive.=B2 Volk has been
described as =B3a masterful guitarist, on par with Eric Johnson, Leo Kottke,
and Django Reinhardt=B2 [Texas Beat], providing a high-altitude, high-energy
ride that will satisfy the most jaded folk-acoustic ear.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/artists/awp/indies/henke.html
http://www.MichaelKelsey.com
http://www.jimvolk.com

WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE
Fri, June 20.  Laura Theodore is a compelling four-octave singer who enjoys
a wide vocal, emotional and stylistic range.  Critics describe her as a
hybrid of Barbra Streisand, Janis Joplin, Peggy Lee and Bette Midler.
Tonight=B9s cabaret in her hometown features pianist Mike Petrone with bassis=
Marty Block and is part of a national concert tour celebrating the release
of Laura=B9s newest CD.  http://www.LauraTheodore.com

COMING UP=8A
Tue, June 24:  AMOR (Cynthia O=B9Connell & Mark Graham)
Tue, July 1:  CIRCA 1939 (Mark Flanders, Joan Ellison, & Alex Hassan)
Wed July 2:  THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES (Damaris Peters Pike)
Sat, July 5:  AT THE SAME TIME (Adina Bloom, Sandra Emerick, Keith Gerchak,
David Robeano, Tina D. Stump, & Marc Baker)
Tue, Aug 5:  GERSHWIN SWINGS!  =B3GIRL CRAZY=B2 IN CONCERT (Ernie Krivda=B9s Swin=
City Band, Bill Rudman, Tony Sias, Evelyn Wright, & Erin Kufel)
Tue, Aug 12:  MODERN ACOUSTIC MUSIC COLLECTIVE (Doug Wood, Martha=B9s Trouble=
,
Paul Sprawl)

http://www.cainpark.com
Cain Park 216-371-3000

--MS_Mac_OE_3138549018_477644_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Cain Park opens season "Jazzed About the Movies"</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Cain Park<B> </B>opens its 2003 season wi=
th three cabarets in a series of eight that showcase new and established tal=
ents in the intimate setting of the Alma Theater where magic can <BR>
happen!<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H2>ALMA CABARET SERIES<BR>
</H2><B>CAIN PARK Alma Theater, 7:30pm. </B> $14 in advance.  Tickets =
at Ticketmaster and Cain Park (216-371-3000)<BR>
<U>http://www.cainpark.com<BR>
<BR>
</U><H2>JAZZED ABOUT THE MOVIES<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>Tue, June 17.</B>  Spend an evening with song s=
tylist <B>Kathleen Shannon </B>and Cleveland jazz musicians <B>Rock Wehrmann=
 </B>and <B>Aidan Plank</B> as they celebrate music from your favorite films=
.  Hear great tunes composed by Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Burt Bachar=
ach and many more!  From <I>The King and I</I> to <I>Casablanca</I> to =
<I>Doctor Doolittle</I>, these great movie melodies are sure to send you awa=
y humming, singing and jazzed about the movies!<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H2>THE WIZARDS OF ACOUSTIC GUITAR<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>Wed, June 18.</B>  Representative of America=B9s =
new generation of fingerstyle acoustic guitarists, <B>Brian</B> <B>Henke</B>=
 (Cleveland, Ohio), <B>Michael Kelsey</B> (Lafayette, Indiana) and <B>Jim Vo=
lk</B> (Columbus, Ohio) number among the finest and most adventurous.  =
Henke=B9s =B3unique guitar style appeals=8Ato anyone who likes their music lyrical=
, thought-provoking and performed with virtuosity=B2 [<I>Cleveland Magazine</I=
>]. Inspired by the late Michael Hedges=B9 iconoclastic approach to acoustic m=
usic, Michael Kelsey naturally transitioned into a =B3funkopated=B2 style he cal=
ls =B3progressive aggressive.=B2 Volk has been described as =B3a masterful guitari=
st, on par with Eric Johnson, Leo Kottke, and Django Reinhardt=B2 [<I>Texas Be=
at</I>], providing a high-altitude, high-energy ride that will satisfy the m=
ost jaded folk-acoustic ear.  <BR>
<U>http://www.taylorguitars.com/artists/awp/indies/henke.html<BR>
http://www.MichaelKelsey.com<BR>
http://www.jimvolk.com<BR>
<BR>
</U></FONT><H3>WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>Fri, June 20.  Laura Theodore</B> is a compelli=
ng four-octave singer who enjoys a wide vocal, emotional and stylistic range=
.  Critics describe her as a hybrid of Barbra Streisand, Janis Joplin, =
Peggy Lee and Bette Midler.  Tonight=B9s cabaret in her hometown features=
 pianist <B>Mike Petrone</B> with bassist <B>Marty Block</B> and is part of =
a national concert tour celebrating the release of Laura=B9s newest CD.  =
<U>http://www.LauraTheodore.com<BR>
<BR>
</U></FONT><H3>COMING UP=8A<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>Tue, June 24:  AMOR</B> (Cynthia O=B9Connell &amp=
; Mark Graham)<BR>
<B>Tue, July 1:  CIRCA 1939</B> (Mark Flanders, Joan Ellison, & Al=
ex Hassan)<BR>
<B>Wed July 2:  THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES</B> (Damaris Peters Pike)<BR>
<B>Sat, July 5:  AT THE SAME TIME</B> (Adina Bloom, Sandra Emerick, Ke=
ith Gerchak, David Robeano, Tina D. Stump, & Marc Baker)<BR>
<B>Tue, Aug 5:  GERSHWIN SWINGS!  =B3GIRL CRAZY=B2 IN CONCERT</B> (Er=
nie Krivda=B9s Swing City Band, Bill Rudman, Tony Sias, Evelyn Wright, & E=
rin Kufel)<BR>
<B>Tue, Aug 12:  MODERN ACOUSTIC MUSIC COLLECTIVE</B> (Doug Wood, Mart=
ha=B9s Trouble, Paul Sprawl)<BR>
<BR>
http://www.cainpark.com<BR>
Cain Park 216-371-3000<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3138549018_477644_MIME_Part--