[NEohioPAL]Lorain Community Music Theater presents "Annie Get Your Gun"

KABBW at aol.com KABBW at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 22:45:27 PDT 2003

--part1_27.42f1826a.2c27ce8c_boundary

Lorain Community Music Theater Presents Annie Get Your Gun

A rootin' tootin' wild west extravaganza comes to The Palace Civic Center as
Lorain Community Music Theater presents Annie Get Your Gun, with book by
Dorothy Fields and Herbert Fields, and music and lyrics by Irving Berlin.

The story centers on Annie Oakley (Cindy Smith), an illiterate hillbilly with
a knack for shooting guns.  Persuaded to join Buffalo Bill's  (Joe Dilalla )
traveling Wild West Show, she soon falls in love with Frank Butler (Ray
Ewers), the show's featured shooting ace.  But when Annie out-performs Frank as the
show's main attraction, she has to make some hard choices if she wants to win
the man she loves.

Casey Wolnowski is directing, with Bobbi Emery as Orchestra Director and Ted
Williams as Vocal Director. Other cast includes: Ted Williams as Charlie,
Vince Urbin as Wilson, Doug Brill as Sitting Bull, Bernie Bruder as Pawnee Bill,
Elizabeth Guilford as Minnie, Susan Hisey as Nellie, Sara Ewers as Jessie, Max
Kantor as Li'l Jake, Beth Ewers as Dolly Tate, Brad Shuder as Mac and Janine
Mackert as Mrs. Potter-Porter.

Annie Get Your Gun has earned 3 Donaldson Awards, 2 Tony Awards and 2 Outer
Critics Awards. Familiar musical numbers include:  There's No Business Like
Show Business, Doin' What Comes Natur'lly, Anything You Can Do, The Girl That I
Marry

Annie Get Your Gun will be presented by Lorain Community Music Theater July
11, 12, 18, 19 at 7:30 p.m.; July 20 at 2:00 p.m. at the Lorain Palace Civic Ce
nter, 617 Broadway, Lorain. Tickets prices are Adults $13, Students & Seniors
$11. For tickets, call the Palace Box Office at 245-2323.

- 30 -

Contact: Mayra Coughlin at 246-2317

--part1_27.42f1826a.2c27ce8c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080=
" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Book Antiqua" LANG=3D"0"><B>Lorain Commu=
nity Music Theater Presents <I>Annie Get Your Gun</B></I><BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><BR>
A rootin' tootin' wild west extravaganza comes to The Palace Civic Center as=
 Lorain Community Music Theater presents <B><I>Annie Get Your Gun</B></I>, w=
ith book by Dorothy Fields and Herbert Fields, and music and lyrics by Irvin=
g Berlin.<BR>
<BR>
The story centers on Annie Oakley (Cindy Smith), an illiterate hillbilly wit=
h a knack for shooting guns.  Persuaded to join Buffalo Bill's  (J=
oe Dilalla ) traveling Wild West Show, she soon falls in love with Frank But=
ler (Ray Ewers), the show's featured shooting ace.  But when Annie out-=
performs Frank as the show's main attraction, she has to make some hard choi=
ces if she wants to win the man she loves.<BR>
<BR>
Casey Wolnowski is directing, with Bobbi Emery as Orchestra Director and Ted=
 Williams as Vocal Director. Other cast includes: Ted Williams as Charlie, V=
ince Urbin as Wilson, Doug Brill as Sitting Bull, Bernie Bruder as Pawnee Bi=
ll, Elizabeth Guilford as Minnie, Susan Hisey as Nellie, Sara Ewers as Jessi=
e, Max Kantor as Li'l Jake, Beth Ewers as Dolly Tate, Brad Shuder as Mac and=
 Janine Mackert as Mrs. Potter-Porter.<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Annie Get Your Gun</B></I> has earned 3 Donaldson Awards, 2 Tony Award=
s and 2 Outer Critics Awards. Familiar musical numbers include:  <I>The=
re's No Business Like Show Business, Doin' What Comes Natur'lly, Anything Yo=
u Can Do, The Girl That I Marry</I><BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Annie Get Your Gun</B></I> will be presented by Lorain Community Music=
 Theater July 11, 12, 18, 19 at 7:30 p.m.; July 20 at 2:00 p.m. at the Lorai=
n Palace Civic Center, 617 Broadway, Lorain. Tickets prices are Adults $13,=20=
Students & Seniors $11. For tickets, call the Palace Box Office at 245-2=
323.<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>- 30 -<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT>Contact: Mayra Coughlin at 246-2317</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FAC=
E=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3=
 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Book Antiqua" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</P></P></P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_27.42f1826a.2c27ce8c_boundary--