[NEohioPAL]Sad Theatre news

PATMAZZ at aol.com PATMAZZ at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 09:23:50 PDT 2003

--part1_1dc.c67c4ce.2c2844c7_boundary

For those of you on this list that have ever worked at Cain Park in the 50's
and 60's
or Heights Youth Theatre at Wiley or attended Mayfield High School I am sad
to report the death of

John Szuhay

This incredible educator is responsible for more Theatre careers than
imaginable.
At Cain Park in the late 50's and 60's John Szuhay worked with the late Jerry
Leonard, Cleveland actors Elaine Rembrandt, Marji Dodril, Donald and Marilyn
Bianchi and many more. He worked with the actress Carol Kane, as a child
 ( TV's Taxi and Academy Award Nominee "Hester Street" , Barrie Rivchin
Youngfellow, (TV's "It's a Living) and Jon Freeman ( Currrently "42nd Street)
and Tony Award Nominee for the revival of "She Loves Me)
 and many more

He went on to team with Jerry Leonard at Heights Youth Theatre where he
taught
and inspired many young children who are now a part of this theatre community.

I was lucky to have met John Szuhay as a junior at Mayfield High School where
he taught drama and speech for 25 years and is responsible for the careers of
Clevelanders as Bill Cratty (Deceased who danced with The Jose Limon Dance
Company and is  a pioneer in modern dance) and  Frank Santorelli ( Plays
"georgie" on THE SOPRANOS) Alan Altshauld ( THE MONEY PIT and STAR TREK) Becky Irwin
who has been Robin Williams personal assistant for over 20 yearsand appears in
most of his films.  Don Mitri (CABARET DADA and Tony in TONY N TINA'S
WEDDING) and thats just to name a few!

He was an educator who introduced his students to theatre as a career and
became a freind to all.

There will be private burial services Wednsday and a Memorial Service is
being planned for late July at Mayfield High School.

He will be greatly missed.

--part1_1dc.c67c4ce.2c2844c7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>For those of you on this=20=
list that have ever worked at Cain Park in the 50's and 60's
<BR>or Heights Youth Theatre at Wiley or attended Mayfield High School I am=20=
sad to report the death of
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0080" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Ar=
ial" LANG=3D"0"><B><I>John Szuhay</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FA=
MILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></B></I>
<BR>
<BR>This incredible educator is responsible for more Theatre careers than im=
aginable.
<BR>At Cain Park in the late 50's and 60's John Szuhay worked with the late=20=
Jerry Leonard, Cleveland actors Elaine Rembrandt, Marji Dodril, Donald and M=
arilyn Bianchi and many more. He worked with the actress Carol Kane, as a ch=
ild
<BR> ( TV's Taxi and Academy Award Nominee "Hester Street" , Barrie Rivchin=20=
Youngfellow, (TV's "It's a Living) and Jon Freeman ( Currrently "42nd Street=
)
<BR>and Tony Award Nominee for the revival of "She Loves Me)
<BR> and many more
<BR>
<BR>He went on to team with Jerry Leonard at Heights Youth Theatre where he=20=
taught=20
<BR>and inspired many young children who are now a part of this theatre comm=
unity.
<BR>
<BR>I was lucky to have met John Szuhay as a junior at Mayfield High School=20=
where he taught drama and speech for 25 years and is responsible for the car=
eers of Clevelanders as Bill Cratty (<U>Deceased</U> who danced with The Jos=
e Limon Dance Company and is  a pioneer in modern dance) and  Fran=
k Santorelli ( Plays "georgie" on THE SOPRANOS) Alan Altshauld ( THE MONEY P=
IT and STAR TREK) Becky Irwin who has been Robin Williams personal assistant=
 for over 20 yearsand appears in most of his films.  Don Mitri (CABARET=
 DADA and Tony in TONY N TINA'S WEDDING) and thats just to name a few!
<BR>
<BR>He was an educator who introduced his students to theatre as a career an=
d became a freind to all.
<BR>
<BR>There will be private burial services Wednsday and a Memorial Service is=
 being planned for late July at Mayfield High School.
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0080" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Ar=
ial" LANG=3D"0"><B>He will be greatly missed.</B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_1dc.c67c4ce.2c2844c7_boundary--