[NEohioPAL]TrueNorth Concert

Barb Stuewe bstuewe at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 2 07:55:03 PDT 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C34060.8EC99700

PRESS RELEASE-FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT RICK FORTNEY AT=20

440-930-7411 or 440-933-2905.

TrueNorth Orchestra and Chorale Concert

The TrueNorth Orchestra and Chorale will present a concert at St. =
Ignatius of Antioch Catholic Church, 10205 Lorain Road, located on the =
southwest corner of Lorain and West Blvd. in Cleveland., on Friday, July =
11 at 7:30 p.m.=20

The concert features the 40+-voice TrueNorth Chorale and 20+ piece =
TrueNorth Orchestra, under the direction of Rick Fortney. These 60 =
musicians are primarily from the Avon Lake, Bay Village, Westlake area, =
though 36 communities in 6 counties are represented.

The Concert includes Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna and Leonard =
Bernstein's Chichester Psalms. Lux Aeterna was premiered in 1997. The =
work is in 5 movements, played without pause. Its texts are drawn from =
sacred Latin sources, each containing reference to Light. Lauridsen's =
works occupy a permanent place in the standard vocal repertoire and are =
performed regularly by distinguished choruses and vocal artists =
throughout the world.=20

Chichester Psalms was premiered in 1965. Bernstein was commissioned to =
write a musical setting to a number of Psalms for the Cathedral of =
Chichester, in Sussex, England. These Biblical settings are in Hebrew =
and contrast joyful choral praise with pastoral tranquility. Bernstein =
masterfully weaves dance and exultation with moments of calm, peace, =
confidence, humility and quiet hope punctuated with a final Amen.=20

The concert concludes with Mark Hayes' arrangement of Simple Gifts.

The concert is free and open to all. An offering will be taken to help =
defray the expenses of the event.

The TrueNorth Orchestra and Chorale makes its home in Avon Lake and is =
part of the TrueNorth Performing Arts Foundation, a non-profit =
organization whose purpose is to educate, empower, encourage, envision =
and equip artists while strengthening community through the arts. New =
orchestra and choir members are always welcome. Please call the =
TrueNorth office at 440-930-7411 for further information regarding this =
concert, upcoming events or membership.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C34060.8EC99700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000080>
<P align=3Djustify>PRESS RELEASE=97FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE</P></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000080 size=3D3>
<P align=3Djustify>FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT RICK FORTNEY AT </P>
<P align=3Djustify>440-930-7411 or 440-933-2905.</P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify> </P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>
<P>TrueNorth Orchestra and Chorale Concert</P></FONT><U><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000080 size=3D4>
<P align=3Djustify></P></B></U></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>
<P align=3Djustify>The <B>TrueNorth</B> <B>Orchestra and Chorale</B> =
will present=20
a concert at St. Ignatius of Antioch Catholic Church, 10205 Lorain Road, =
located=20
on the southwest corner of Lorain and West Blvd. in Cleveland., on =
Friday, July=20
11 at 7:30 p.m. </P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify>The concert features the 40+-voice <B>TrueNorth =
Chorale</B> and=20
20+ piece <B>TrueNorth Orchestra</B>, under the direction of Rick =
Fortney. These=20
60 musicians are primarily from the Avon Lake, Bay Village, Westlake =
area,=20
though 36 communities in 6 counties are represented.</P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify>The Concert includes Morten Lauridsen=92s <B><I>Lux =
Aeterna</B>=20
</I>and Leonard Bernstein=92s <B><I>Chichester Psalms.</B></I> <B><I>Lux =

Aeterna</B></I> was premiered in 1997. The work is in 5 movements, =
played=20
without pause. Its texts are drawn from sacred Latin sources, each =
containing=20
reference to Light. Lauridsen=92s works occupy a permanent place in the =
standard=20
vocal repertoire and are performed regularly by distinguished choruses =
and vocal=20
artists throughout the world. </P>
<P align=3Djustify></P><B><I>
<P align=3Djustify>Chichester Psalms</B></I> was premiered in 1965. =
Bernstein was=20
commissioned to write a musical setting to a number of Psalms for the =
Cathedral=20
of Chichester, in Sussex, England. These Biblical settings are in Hebrew =
and=20
contrast joyful choral praise with pastoral tranquility. Bernstein =
masterfully=20
weaves dance and exultation with moments of calm, peace, confidence, =
humility=20
and quiet hope punctuated with a final Amen. </P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify>The concert concludes with Mark Hayes=92 arrangement =
of=20
<B><I>Simple Gifts</B></I>.</P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify>The concert is free and open to all. An offering will =
be taken=20
to help defray the expenses of the event.</P>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P>The <B>TrueNorth Orchestra and Chorale</B> makes its home in Avon =
Lake and is=20
part of the <B>TrueNorth Performing Arts Foundation</B>, a non-profit=20
organization whose purpose is to educate, empower, encourage, envision =
and equip=20
artists while strengthening community through the arts. New orchestra =
and choir=20
members are always welcome. Please call the <B>TrueNorth</B> office at=20
440-930-7411 for further information regarding this concert, upcoming =
events or=20
membership.</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C34060.8EC99700--