[NEohioPAL]Bad Epitaph: I HATE THIS at Dobama Theatre

David Hansen pengo at davidhansen.org
Tue Jul 8 07:37:01 PDT 2003

--MS_Mac_OE_3140488084_16036_MIME_Part

BAD EPITAPH THEATER COMPANY PRESENTS
DAVID HANSEN=B9S SOLO PERFORMANCE =B3I HATE THIS=B2
(INCLUDING DAVID'S 35TH BIRTHDAY BENEFIT)
AT DOBAMA THEATER, JULY 25 AND 26, 2003

A Personal Message from David Hansen ...

I am very excited Bad Epitaph is sending I Hate This to the Minnesota Fring=
Festival, and to celebrate, Bad Epitaph is throwing me a birthday party.

=B3A birthday party,=B2 you say, =B3isn=B9t that kind of ... odd?  I mean ...
considering the subject matter of the play?=B2  And in a way you would be
right.  But a celebration is in order.  This is the first time Bad Epitaph
has participated in an international fringe festival.  The play itself is a
celebration of my son Calvin.  And July 26th is, in fact, my birthday.

So please join me, show your support, have some birthday cake, DJ Darclight
will be present to spin records, there will be games and prizes and lots an=
lots of friends.  I hope to see you there!

(See information about this special event below.)

David Hansen will perform his one-man show, =B3I Hate This=B2 at Dobama Theatre=
,
1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights, on Friday, July 25 at 8 PM and
Saturday, July 26 at 3 PM and 8 PM.

This weekend of performances is in preparation for its presentation at the
10th annual Minnesota Fringe Festival in Minneapolis, MN, August 1 - 10.

"I Hate This" is directed by Thomas Cullinan, with original music by Dennis
Yurich.=20

=B3A breathtaking, heartbreaking journey.=B2
- The Plain Dealer

=B3Affably direct and casual ... Hansen bravely enters this void and manages
to walk a devilishly delicate line.=B2
- Cleveland Scene

=B3There is no word for the parent of a dead child.=B2  Join David Hansen for =B3=
Hate This=B2, a new solo performance that takes you from the moment his son
was born and through the year that follows ... but not in that order.  An
honest, horrible, and even humorous trip through one father=B9s experience
with stillbirth.=20

Admission for Friday 7/25 (8 PM) and Saturday 7/26 (3 PM) Performances:
Regular admission is $15, Student/Senior admission is $10.

Special Benefit Performance Saturday, July 26 at 8 PM.  In celebration of
Bad Epitaph=B9s sending "I Hate This" to the Minnesota Fringe, the Saturday,
July 26, 8 PM performance will be a special =B3birthday=B2 benefit with a live
dee jay, birthday cake, food, libations and games.  Benefit admission is
$25.

Reservations can be made by calling Bad Epitaph at (216) 556-0919 or online
at http://www.badepitaph.org.

Sponsored by the Cleveland Free Times.  Bad Epitaph.  Great Theater.

# # #

--MS_Mac_OE_3140488084_16036_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Bad Epitaph: I HATE THIS at Dobama Theatre</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>BAD EPITAPH THEATER COMPANY PRESENTS<BR>
DAVID HANSEN=B9S SOLO PERFORMANCE =B3I HATE THIS=B2<BR>
(INCLUDING DAVID'S 35TH BIRTHDAY BENEFIT)<BR>
AT DOBAMA THEATER, JULY 25 AND 26, 2003<BR>
</B><BR>
A Personal Message from David Hansen ...<BR>
<I><BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000080">I am very excited Bad Epitaph is sending </FONT></I><=
FONT COLOR=3D"#000080">I Hate This<I> to the Minnesota Fringe Festival, and to=
 celebrate, Bad Epitaph is throwing me a birthday party.<BR>
<BR>
=B3A birthday party,=B2 you say, =B3isn=B9t that kind of ... odd?  I mean ... =
considering the subject matter of the play?=B2  And in a way you would be=
 right.  But a celebration is in order.  This is the first time Ba=
d Epitaph has participated in an international fringe festival.  The pl=
ay itself is a celebration of my son Calvin.  And July 26th is, in fact=
, my birthday.<BR>
<BR>
So please join me, show your support, have some birthday cake, </I>DJ Darcl=
ight<I> will be present to spin records, there will be games and prizes and =
lots and lots of friends.  I hope to see you there!<BR>
</I></FONT><I><BR>
<B>(See information about this special event below.)<BR>
</B></I><BR>
David Hansen will perform his one-man show, =B3I Hate This=B2 at Dobama Theatre=
, 1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights, on Friday, July 25 at 8 PM and Sa=
turday, July 26 at 3 PM and 8 PM.<BR>
<BR>
This weekend of performances is in preparation for its presentation at the =
10th annual Minnesota Fringe Festival in Minneapolis, MN, August 1 - 10.<BR>
<BR>
"I Hate This" is directed by Thomas Cullinan, with original music=
 by Dennis Yurich. <BR>
<BR>
=B3<I>A breathtaking, heartbreaking journey.=B2<BR>
- The Plain Dealer<BR>
<BR>
=B3Affably direct and casual ... Hansen bravely enters this void and manages =
to walk a devilishly delicate line.=B2<BR>
- Cleveland Scene<BR>
</I><BR>
=B3There is no word for the parent of a dead child.=B2  Join David Hansen =
for =B3I Hate This=B2, a new solo performance that takes you from the moment his=
 son was born and through the year that follows ... but not in that order. &=
nbsp;An honest, horrible, and even humorous trip through one father=B9s experi=
ence with stillbirth. <BR>
<BR>
<B>Admission for Friday 7/25 (8 PM) and Saturday 7/26 (3 PM) Performances:<=
/B> Regular admission is $15, Student/Senior admission is $10.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Special Benefit Performance Saturday, July 26 at 8 PM.  </B>In cele=
bration of Bad Epitaph=B9s sending "I Hate This" to the Minnesota Fr=
inge, the Saturday, July 26, 8 PM performance will be a special =B3birthday=B2 b=
enefit with a live dee jay, birthday cake, food, libations and games.  =
Benefit admission is $25.<BR>
<BR>
Reservations can be made by calling Bad Epitaph at (216) 556-0919 or online=
 at http://www.badepitaph.org.<BR>
<BR>
Sponsored by the Cleveland Free Times.  Bad Epitaph.  Great Theat=
er.<BR>
<BR>
# # #=20
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3140488084_16036_MIME_Part--