[NEohioPAL]Kulture Kids Sponsors Pow Wow

KerrComm at aol.com KerrComm at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 14:51:04 PDT 2003

Kulture Kids is the co-sponsor for the upcoming "Aurora's Fourth Annual
Family Festival and Pow Wow", a non-profit event to be held September 13th and 14th
at Aurora High School in Aurora, OH.
   "Kulture Kids is the natural choice to co-sponsor this event, one of the
largest annual Pow Wows in Northeast Ohio", says Aurora Committee Chairperson
Maxine Klein.  "Robin Pease, Artistic Director and Founder of Kulture Kids, has
done more to raise awareness in Cleveland about Native American issues than
anyone else in recent memory.  We're very pleased that Kulture Kids has agreed
to serve as non-profit sponsor of our annual Pow Wow."
   The Pow Wow features American Indian Dancing, traditional regalia, music,
face painting, jewelry, crafts, food, demonstrations, and hands-on
experiences.
   Kulture Kids will visit all of the Aurora public schools this fall as part
of the sponsorship, delivering assemblies and workshops for students and
teachers.
   "We're pleased to be part of this exciting event," says Tom Kerr, Kulture
Kids Executive Director.  "It fits in perfectly with our mission to raise
multicultural awareness in Northeast Ohio.  Aurora's reputation for its Pow Wows
is outstanding."
   The Pow Wow will be held on Saturday, September 13th, from 10 AM to 6 PM
(Grand entry at 12 noon) and Sunday, September 14th, from 10 AM to 5 PM (Grand
entry at 12 noon).  Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for children ages 6 to 12,
and $1 for Seniors age 65 and over.
   For more information, contact the Aurora Pow Wow Festival at PH:
330-562-5844.  Aurora High School is located on West Pioneer Trail in Aurora, OH.