[NEohioPAL]The Ongoing Battle in Shaker Heights

Bill cinevid at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 07:43:14 PDT 2003

--0-1708505802-1062513794=:49208

Hello Again,

Project Greenlight's movie, "The Battle of Shaker Heights" premiered Friday, August 29th at where else but Shaker Square Cinema. I went to the 9pm show and was pleased to see it pretty full.

I hope everyone who shares an interest in film will come out to see and support this film. I read the script and enjoyed the HBO series and the movie itself is quite entertaining. The audience laughed at all the right places and Shia was excellent. The critics are being too harsh for who knows why, since the viewers seem to enjoy the film. (see Yahoo Movies) In fact it's amazing that a studio film that cost under $2 mil to make, can even hold it's own against films that spend $40 mil just on marketing. In it's second week of release, it's averaging $11,000 per screen which is more than Seabiscuit did in it's first week on 3,000 screens.

Even here in Cleveand there is a slow groundswelling of serious filmmaking and my own short films, which have won awards and opened festivals, are gaining serious consideration, so maybe it's a good time to get behind any independent effort that makes it to the big screen.

Thanks for your time and I apologize if this is a repeat from some other mailing.

Truly,
Bill Johns
Cinevid Productions

--0-1708505802-1062513794=:49208

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hello Again,<BR><BR>Project Greenlight's movie, "The Battle of Shaker Heights" premiered Friday, August 29th at where else but Shaker Square Cinema. I went to the 9pm show and was pleased to see it pretty full.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I hope everyone who shares an interest in film will come out to see and support this film. I read the script and enjoyed the HBO series and the movie itself is quite entertaining. The audience laughed at all the right places and Shia was excellent. The critics are being too harsh for who knows why, since the viewers seem to enjoy the film. (see <A href="http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808465775">Yahoo Movies</A>) In fact it's amazing that a studio film that cost under $2 mil to make, can even hold it's own against films that spend $40 mil just on marketing. In it's second week of release, it's averaging $11,000 per screen which is more than Seabiscuit did in it's first week on 3,000 screens. </DIV>
<DIV><BR>Even here in Cleveand there is a slow groundswelling of serious filmmaking and my own short films, which have won awards and opened festivals, are gaining serious consideration, so maybe it's a good time to get behind any independent effort that makes it to the big screen. <BR><BR>Thanks for your time and I apologize if this is a repeat from some other mailing. </DIV>
<DIV><BR>Truly,<BR>Bill Johns<BR><A href="http://cinevidproduction.com">Cinevid Productions</A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1708505802-1062513794=:49208--