[NEohioPAL]CALL FOR PERFORMING ARTISTS: VENUU OFF-COVENTRY

Crytti at aol.com Crytti at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 08:12:58 PDT 2003

--part1_1a0.19e69dfc.2c8ca4fa_boundary

VENUU OFF-COVENTRY
an intimate space for eclectic performing arts

CALL FOR PERFORMING ARTISTS

Venuu Off-Coventry is currently accepting proposals and demos for
consideration for our third season of producing and showcasing local, established and
emerging talent in an intimate setting where the focus is on the performers.  Do
you need a venue for a one-act play, staged reading, one-person show, or other
performance event?

Venuu Off-Coventry presents a mixed bag of acts including dance, film,
performance art, cabaret, theatre, and music on the 3rd Saturday of each month.

The group is the brainchild of a band of Cleveland Heights residents who
wanted to collect their artistic energy and create a gathering place for artists
and the community. We  are also dedicated to nurturing and developing a broad
spectrum of performing arts, including puppetry, multimedia, spoken word, and
other art forms.

In its first two seasons, VOC has presented a variety of performers and
events including Puppets Meet Theatre, Party in the Heights, Barun Kumar Pal, The
Trail Hawgs, The Sissy Show, Mr. Downchild, George Foley, Nan O'Malley, The
Harmony Girls, The Rude Staff Checkers, Robbie Spackey, A Valentine Cabaret, Lee
Chilcote and Ron Andrico, Dale Rogers, Diversity Dance, The Eclectics, The
Suspenders, Crazy Rhythm, and World Music Dance Parties.  In the fall we will be
a part of the Coventry Village Post Construction Festivities.

We provide a black box setting with a small stage.  We have some lighting
equipment, fabric, tables and chairs. Our seating capacity is 65.  We sell our
own concessions and have free and ample parking.  Venuu Off-Coventry is a
substance free zone: no smoking, alcohol, or drugs.

Venuu Off-Coventry is located in Cleveland Heights at 2728 Lancashire Road,
at The Unitarian-Universalist Society of Cleveland, downstairs.

We also have volunteer opportunities for anyone interested in publicity,
stagecraft,  set design, lighting, etc.

Please contact Amy Collins by phone or by fax for booking and volunteer
opportunities.

Booking Agent:  Amy Collins:    216.739.1928    amycollins at msn.com  Fax:
216.932.1516

Media Contact/PR: Christine McBurney    216.321.1119    crytti at aol.com

--part1_1a0.19e69dfc.2c8ca4fa_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000040" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Book Antiqua" LANG=3D"0">VENUU OFF-COVENTRY<BR>
an intimate space for eclectic performing arts<BR>
<BR>
CALL FOR PERFORMING ARTISTS<BR>
<BR>
Venuu Off-Coventry is currently accepting proposals and demos for considerat=
ion for our third season of producing and showcasing local, established and=20=
emerging talent in an intimate setting where the focus is on the performers.=
  Do you need a venue for a one-act play, staged reading, one-person sh=
ow, or other performance event? <BR>
<BR>
Venuu Off-Coventry presents a mixed bag of acts including dance, film, perfo=
rmance art, cabaret, theatre, and music on the 3rd Saturday of each month. <=

<BR>
The group is the brainchild of a band of Cleveland Heights residents who wan=
ted to collect their artistic energy and create a gathering place for artist=
s and the community. We  are also dedicated to nurturing and developing=
 a broad spectrum of performing arts, including puppetry, multimedia, spoken=
 word, and other art forms.  <BR>
<BR>
In its first two seasons, VOC has presented a variety of performers and even=
ts including Puppets Meet Theatre, Party in the Heights, Barun Kumar Pal, Th=
e Trail Hawgs, The Sissy Show, Mr. Downchild, George Foley, Nan O'Malley, Th=
e Harmony Girls, The Rude Staff Checkers, Robbie Spackey, A Valentine Cabare=
t, Lee Chilcote and Ron Andrico, Dale Rogers, Diversity Dance, The Eclectics=
, The Suspenders, Crazy Rhythm, and World Music Dance Parties.  In the=20=
fall we will be a part of the Coventry Village Post Construction Festivities=
.<BR>
<BR>
We provide a black box setting with a small stage.  We have some lighti=
ng equipment, fabric, tables and chairs. Our seating capacity is 65.  W=
e sell our own concessions and have free and ample parking.  Venuu Off-=
Coventry is a substance free zone: no smoking, alcohol, or drugs.  <BR>
<BR>
Venuu Off-Coventry is located in Cleveland Heights at 2728 Lancashire Road,=20=
at The Unitarian-Universalist Society of Cleveland, downstairs. <BR>
<BR>
We also have volunteer opportunities for anyone interested in publicity, sta=
gecraft,  set design, lighting, etc. <BR>
<BR>
Please contact Amy Collins by phone or by fax for booking and volunteer oppo=
rtunities.<BR>
<BR>
Booking Agent:  Amy Collins:    216.739.1928    amycollins at msn.com  Fax: 216=
.932.1516<BR>
<BR>
Media Contact/PR: Christine McBurney    216.321.1119    crytti at aol.com<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1a0.19e69dfc.2c8ca4fa_boundary--