[NEohioPAL]Fall Classes for Adults/Cleveland Play House

Bill Hoffman bhoffman at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Sep 25 08:58:28 PDT 2003

FALL CLASSES for ADULTS
The Cleveland Play House
Eight-Week Session  Fall 2003
All Classes meet from 6:30-8:30PM
Call (216) 795-7000. Ext. 252

Commercial Acting               Mondays October 13  December 1
                                                 Eight Weeks     FEE: $135
Instructor: Greg Violand
Make commercial copy come alive before the camera and learn how to present
yourself in a confident manner.  This class also covers the business of
marketing oneself, auditioning, and callback etiquette.  Limited enrollment.

Introduction to Acting I        Mondays October 6  November 24
                                                 Eight Weeks     FEE: $135
Instructor: Nick Koesters
Learn basic acting skills through vocal and physical training, imagination
exercises and theatre games.  This course will give you a fun and
entertaining look behind the scenes at the world of the actor.

Scene Study             Mondays         October 6  November 24
                                                 Eight Weeks     FEE: $135
Instructor: Thomas Cullinan
Maybe you've taken a few acting classes or been in a show and wonder what
to do next, then this class is for you.  Scene study places the emphasis on
working with another actor, script interpretation, blocking a scene, and
learning how to work with a director.

Scriptwriting I                         Mondays September 29  October
20
Four Weeks      FEE: $70
Instructor: Bob Noll
Explore the form and content of dramatic scripts for the stage, film and
television as you are guided in your writing.  Learn and discuss basic
scriptwriting theory.  Scriptwriting I students may continue with
Scriptwriting II.

Scriptwriting II                        Mondays October 27  December 1
                                                         Six
Weeks       FEE: $110
Instructor: Bob Noll
The scriptwriting workshop continues as advanced students resume and share
their writing of works-in-progress and explore the wonderful world of
rewrites.  A great class to keep you on schedule or get you back on track!

Intermediate Acting I           Tuesdays        September 30  November 18
                                                 Eight Weeks     FEE: $135
Instructor: TBA
A class designed for the serious acting student.  Emphasis on scene work,
blocking, text analysis and interpretation, character development, and
learning to take and understand direction.  Limited enrollment.

Acting on Film                  Tuesdays        September 30  November 18
                                                         Eight
Weeks     FEE: $135
Instructor: David Manocchio
The film actor requires a different technique and mentality than the stage
actor.  This course focuses on developing the student's ability to act for
that most truthful and discerning of all audiences - the camera.  Limited
enrollment.

General Information

Class Location
The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.

Office Hours
Monday-Friday, 10:00AM - 5:00PM         Telephone: (216) 795-7000, ext. 252

Staff
Our teaching staff is comprised of Professional Actors and Directors,
because of this The Cleveland Play House reserves the right to substitute
teachers as necessary.  For a current list of instructors and any further
information on them, please call (216) 795-7000, ext. 252.

Fees
The fee is $135.00 a class for an 8 week session, unless otherwise
noted.  The fee includes a nonrefundable registration fee of $25.  Do not
apply an additional $25 to the printed fee.  Course and registration fees
must be paid in full at registration, unless other arrangements have been
made.  Payment plans are available.

Class Discount
Sign up for two classes and deduct 25% off the second class.  This offer is
applicable for children and adults: a brother, a sister or a
friend.  Students must register at the same time to receive the discount.

Registration
Register via mail by sending in the Registration Form with check, money
order or credit card information.  Register via phone by calling
(216)795-7000, ext. 252.  Please have your credit card number available.  A
minimum deposit of $25.00 is due at registration.  Late registration is
available subject to the approval of the instructor or workshop director.

Refund Policy
No refunds will be given after the first week of the term.  No credit will
be given for missed classes.

Cancellation of Classes
We reserve the right to cancel any class for which there is insufficient
registration.

William F. Hoffman
Director of Education
The Cleveland Play House