[NEohioPAL]Renaissance Premiere

Kelly Lozan Renaissance2003 at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 4 09:27:48 PDT 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C38A72.EBBDDFA0

Cleveland, OH-i71productions announces the worldwide premiere of their =
digital feature film renaissance. The film will be shown at the Cedar =
Lee Theatre (2163 Lee Rd.) on Sunday, 05 October 2003 at 7:00 PM. The =
premiere is a benefit for the film's impending launch on the film =
festival circuit as well as i71productions future projects. A =
post-premiere party will take place at Halite located at 2800 Clinton =
Ave. in Ohio City. The admission fee is $25 per person to attend both =
events.

There are a limited number of tickets still available.  If you are =
interested in attending this premiere, please call Bernard Bunye at =
440/623-9092.

The film, shot entirely on location in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, was =
created by two people: Bernard F. Bunye, who directed the film and =
Nicholas j. Peterka who acted in the film and served as director of =
photography. "Oh yeah and we wrote it and produced it together too," =
Bunye quickly points out. "The sheer honesty which Nick and Bernard =
bring to a project inspires those around them to go above and beyond =
what is merely possible into what is inspiring," beams executive =
producer Derek Walden. When asked to comment as to why she wanted to =
participate in renaissance, Kelly Lozan, the film's other executive =
producer states, "When you get the chance to work with a group of people =
who are not only intelligent, creative and committed, but passionate and =
selflessly giving, some part of you automatically realizes on a =
subconscious level that you are involved in a project that will prove to =
be extraordinary." What was truly amazing was that the film's two =
creative personalities are only 24 (Peterka) and 25 (Bunye) =
respectively. "But I can play 23," asserts Peterka as Bunye laughs. =
Being young though had its downfalls. The two found out that funding was =
difficult to come by. Peterka notes, "There were a lot of times where =
we'd go to set and it would be Bernard, myself and the actors. That's =
it. This film operated unlike any film. There was almost no crew." But =
Bunye and Peterka remained unfazed. "This film was totally funded by =
Nick and I. We couldn't afford any of the frills that you'd expect with =
a feature film. In fact no one on this project got paid. But we had a =
script we really wanted to see filmed and that was what drove us," Bunye =
explains. "Everyone involved wanted to be there because of the script."=20

The script centers around the character of Maggie Easton and her journey =
towards self-discovery. Cara Kay, the actor who played Maggie, had this =
to say, "The script instantly grabbed me with its ability to pinpoint =
the confusion facing today's generation."  When asked what the film is =
about Bunye remarks, "It'll be different for everyone who watches. But =
for me, renaissance is about the choices people make and how they make =
them."=20

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C38A72.EBBDDFA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cleveland, OH—i71productions =
announces the=20
worldwide premiere of their digital feature film <EM>renaissance</EM>. =
The film=20
will be shown at the Cedar Lee Theatre (2163 Lee Rd.) on Sunday, 05 =
October 2003=20
at 7:00 PM. The premiere is a benefit for the film’s impending =
launch on the=20
film festival circuit as well as i71productions future projects. A =
post-premiere=20
party will take place at Halite located at 2800 Clinton Ave. in Ohio =
City. The=20
admission fee is $25 per person to attend both events.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There are a limited number of tickets =
still=20
available.  If you are interested in attending this premiere, =
please call=20
Bernard Bunye at 440/623-9092.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>The film, shot entirely on location in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, =
was=20
created by two people: Bernard F. Bunye, who directed the film and =
Nicholas j.=20
Peterka who acted in the film and served as director of photography. =
“Oh yeah=20
and we wrote it and produced it together too,” Bunye quickly =
points out. “The=20
sheer honesty which Nick and Bernard bring to a project inspires those =
around=20
them to go above and beyond what is merely possible into what is =
inspiring,”=20
beams executive producer Derek Walden. When asked to comment as to why =
she=20
wanted to participate in <EM>renaissance</EM>, Kelly Lozan, the =
film’s other=20
executive producer states, “When you get the chance to work with a =
group of=20
people who are not only intelligent, creative and committed, but =
passionate and=20
selflessly giving, some part of you automatically realizes on a =
subconscious=20
level that you are involved in a project that will prove to be =
extraordinary.”=20
What was truly amazing was that the film’s two creative =
personalities are only=20
24 (Peterka) and 25 (Bunye) respectively. “But I can play =
23,” asserts Peterka=20
as Bunye laughs. Being young though had its downfalls. The two found out =
that=20
funding was difficult to come by. Peterka notes, “There were a lot =
of times=20
where we’d go to set and it would be Bernard, myself and the =
actors. That’s it.=20
This film operated unlike any film. There was almost no crew.” But =
Bunye and=20
Peterka remained unfazed. “This film was totally funded by Nick =
and I. We=20
couldn’t afford any of the frills that you’d expect with a =
feature film. In fact=20
no one on this project got paid. But we had a script we really wanted to =
see=20
filmed and that was what drove us,” Bunye explains. =
“Everyone involved wanted to=20
be there because of the script.” <BR></P>
<P>The script centers around the character of Maggie Easton and her =
journey=20
towards self-discovery. Cara Kay, the actor who played Maggie, had this =
to say,=20
“The script instantly grabbed me with its ability to pinpoint the =
confusion=20
facing today’s generation.”  When asked what the film =
is about Bunye=20
remarks, “It’ll be different for everyone who watches. But =
for me, renaissance=20
is about the choices people make and how they make them.”=20
<BR></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>