[NEohioPAL]NaCl Opens Tonight

NaCl Theatre nacl at nacl.org
Fri Oct 24 10:37:31 PDT 2003

--MS_Mac_OE_3149847452_5664989_MIME_Part

Hello Friends,
This is a reminder that  WE ARE OPENING TONIGHT! And there will be a little
party with refreshments to follow.

TERROTICA by Brad Krumholz and the ensemble of Wade Bowen, Rosaruby
Glaberman, Sarah Dey Hirshan, and Patricia Skarbinski.  Tickets are $15 low
income and $20 regular.  Wednesdays are Pay What You Can. All shows at 8 PM=
.
We are still looking for volunteers to work the door. If you help, you see
the show that night for free.
THE PASSION ACCORDING TO GH Tannis Kowalchuk's solo show. 2 SHOWS only
--this TUESDAY Oct 28 at 8 PM, and TUESDAY, Nov 4 at 8 PM (the show will be
video taped that night so please be aware that due to the close proximity o=
audience to performer, spectators will also be recorded). $12.
OPEN WORK SESSION on MONDAYS from 7-10 PM.  We invite new people and past
collaborators to come move, sing, and work the muscles of creation.  Join u=
for training October 27, November 3, and November 10. Donation of $15 per
participant.

All events will take place at
The Ohio Theatre, New York City
66 Wooster Street (between Spring and Broome)
Show Reservations: 212-946-5734
NaCl Office Number: 718-398-4589
www.nacl.org

HERE ARE THE DETAILS........

WORLD PREMIERE-- TERROTICA- an erotic nightmare
TERROTICA is about the link between fear and arousal.  Though the story is =
simple one that will be familiar to horror movie fans =AD a couple goes to a
cabin in the woods to get away from the daily grind and explore their
relationship =AD what happens on the stage is anything but.  Created with an
ensemble of four actors, the company would like audiences watching TERROTIC=
to have an experience similar to a dream.  "My desire is to create in the
spectator the mirror of the true emotions of horror and arousal, just as on=
feels a sense of real horror while listening around a campfire to a good
ghost story, even though the horror being spoken about is (presumably)
fictional," says director, Brad Krumholz.
** We suggest this play be attended by mature viewers only**

Dates, Times, Address, Prices:
Friday, October 24 OPENING NIGHT (reception to follow--w/ food)
Runs until November 16
The Ohio Theatre, New York City
66 Wooster Street (between Spring and Broome)
Wednesday to Saturday at 8 PM, Sunday at 3 PM
Tickets are $15 low income and $20 regular.
Wednesday Nights are always "Pay What You Can"
Call 212-946-5734 to make reservations
2 SHOWS ONLY!!
The Passion according to G.H.
A solo performance based on the book by Clarice Lispector
Performed by Tannis Kowalchuk
Directed and Adapted for the stage by Brad Krumholz
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28 at 8 PM  (to be videotaped that night)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4 at 8 PM
Tickets: $12  CALL TO RESERVE A SPOT: 212-946-5734
Seating is EXTREMELY Limited--An audience of 28 spectators sits inside the
set.

The Passion according to G.H. is a solo performance created and performed b=
Tannis Kowalchuk and directed by Brad Krumholz, based on the novel, The
Passion according to G.H., by Brazilian writer, Clarice Lispector.  G.H. is
a happy, well situated woman-- until her existence is turned upside down by
the unexpected discovery of a cockroach in her apartment. NaCl Theatre
intertwines the fascinating text of Lispector with complex action, song, an=
scenographic surprises.
This is what the Village Voice said about the show:
Brad Krumholz gracefully directs and adapts this existentialist cult novel
by Brazilian Clarice Lispector. Despite the dense and difficult text, Tanni=
Kowalchuk's beautiful performance makes the evening a delight. She simply
glows as a woman whose ordinary life turns on its head when she discovers a
cockroach in her home. Kowalchuk has one of those rare qualities only good
Beckettian actors have: she manages to wrench meaning and drive spectators
to metaphysical flights out of the most quotidian matters."

OPEN TRAINING SESSIONS
For ACTORS and DIRECTORS
When: Monday Evenings-- October 27, November 3, November 10
Time: 7 PM to 10 PM (no latecomers admitted)
Where: The Ohio Theatre, 66 Wooster St. (betw. Spring & Broome)
Price: $15 per session

An open series for both actors and directors interested in physical
training, vocal resonator and song work, and the methods utilized by NaCl i=
the development of material for original ensemble performance. Actors and
directors are invited to participate.

The first 2 hours will be devoted to physical and vocal training, and the
last hour to the creation of material. Participants will  develop a short
"piece."  No experience in physical/ensemble theatre is necessary.  Work is
done in bare feet and comfortable clothing (without logos or writing).
Please bring drinking water.  The work session will be led by Brad Krumholz
and Tannis Kowalchuk and will be supported by the NaCl company of
performers.

Contact: 718-398-4589
or email: nacl at nacl.org

--MS_Mac_OE_3149847452_5664989_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>NaCl Opens Tonight</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hello Friends,<BR>
This is a reminder that  WE ARE OPENING TONIGHT! And there will be a l=
ittle party with refreshments to follow.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><B>TERROTICA</B> </FONT>by Brad Krumholz and the ense=
mble of Wade Bowen, Rosaruby Glaberman, Sarah Dey Hirshan, and Patricia Skar=
binski.  Tickets are $15 low income and $20 regular.  Wednesdays a=
re Pay What You Can. All shows at 8 PM.  We are still looking for <U>vo=
lunteers</U> to work the door. If you help, you see the show that night for =
free.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>THE PASSION ACCORDING TO GH </B></FONT>Tannis Kowa=
lchuk's solo show. 2 SHOWS only --this TUESDAY Oct 28 at 8 PM, and TUESDAY, =
Nov 4 at 8 PM (the show will be video taped that night so please be aware th=
at due to the close proximity of audience to performer, spectators will also=
 be recorded). $12. <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><B>OPEN WORK SESSION </B></FONT>on MONDAYS from 7-10 =
PM.  We invite new people and past collaborators to come move, sing, an=
d work the muscles of creation.  Join us for training October 27, Novem=
ber 3, and November 10. Donation of $15 per participant.<BR>
<BR>
<B>All events will take place at<BR>
The Ohio Theatre, New York City<BR>
66 Wooster Street (between Spring and Broome)<BR>
Show Reservations: 212-946-5734<BR>
NaCl Office Number: 718-398-4589<BR>
www.nacl.org<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
HERE ARE THE DETAILS........<BR>
</B><BR>
<B>WORLD PREMIERE--<FONT SIZE=3D"5"> <FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><I><U>TERROTICA</U=
></I><U>- an erotic nightmare<BR>
</U></FONT></FONT><I>TERROTICA</I></B> is about the link between fear and a=
rousal.  Though the story is a simple one that will be familiar to horr=
or movie fans =AD a couple goes to a cabin in the woods to get away from the d=
aily grind and explore their relationship =AD what happens on the stage is any=
thing but.  Created with an ensemble of four actors, the company would =
like audiences watching <B><I>TERROTICA</I></B> to have an experience simila=
r to a dream.  "My desire is to create in the spectator the mirror=
 of the true emotions of horror and arousal, just as one feels a sense of re=
al horror while listening around a campfire to a good ghost story, even thou=
gh the horror being spoken about is (presumably) fictional," says direc=
tor, Brad Krumholz.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><FONT SIZE=3D"2">** We suggest this play be attended by=
 mature viewers only**<BR>
</FONT></FONT><BR>
<B><U>Dates, Times, Address, Prices:<BR>
</U>Friday, October 24 OPENING NIGHT</B> (reception to follow--w/ food)<BR>
Runs until November 16<BR>
The Ohio Theatre, New York City<BR>
66 Wooster Street (between Spring and Broome)<BR>
Wednesday to Saturday at 8 PM, Sunday at 3 PM<BR>
Tickets are $15 low income and $20 regular.<BR>
Wednesday Nights are always <U>"Pay What You Can"<BR>
</U>Call <B>212-946-5734</B> to make reservations<BR>
-----------------------------------------------<BR>
<B>2 SHOWS ONLY!!<BR>
</B><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><H2>The Passion according to G.H.<BR>
</H2></FONT><B>A solo performance based on the book by Clarice Lispector <B=

</B>Performed by<B> Tannis Kowalchuk <BR>
</B>Directed and Adapted for the stage by<B> Brad Krumholz<BR>
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28 at 8 PM </B> (to be videotaped that night)<BR>
<B>TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4 at 8 PM<BR>
</B>Tickets: $12  CALL TO RESERVE A SPOT: 212-946-5734<BR>
Seating is EXTREMELY Limited--<U>An audience of 28 spectators sits inside t=
he set.<BR>
</U><BR>
<B><I>The Passion according to G.H</I></B><I>.</I> is a solo performance cr=
eated and performed by <B>Tannis Kowalchuk</B> and directed by <B>Brad Krumh=
olz,</B> based on the novel, <U>The Passion according to G.H.</U>, by Brazil=
ian writer, <B>Clarice Lispecto</B>r.  G.H. is a happy, well situated w=
oman-- until her existence is turned upside down by the unexpected discovery=
 of a cockroach in her apartment. NaCl Theatre intertwines the fascinating t=
ext of Lispector with complex action, song, and scenographic surprises. <BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><FONT SIZE=3D"2">This is wh=
at the <B>Village Voice</B> said about the show:<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000">Brad Krumholz gracefully directs and adapts th=
is existentialist cult novel by Brazilian Clarice Lispector. Despite the den=
se and difficult text, Tannis Kowalchuk's beautiful performance makes the ev=
ening a delight. She simply glows as a woman whose ordinary life turns on it=
s head when she discovers a cockroach in her home. Kowalchuk has one of thos=
e rare qualities only good Beckettian actors have: she manages to wrench mea=
ning and drive spectators to metaphysical flights out of the most quotidian =
matters."<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><BR>
-------------------------------------------<BR>
</B><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><H2>OPEN TRAINING SESSIONS<BR>
For ACTORS and DIRECTORS<BR>
</H2></FONT><B>When</B>: Monday Evenings-- October 27, November 3, November=
 10 <BR>
<B>Time</B>: 7 PM to 10 PM (no latecomers admitted)<BR>
<B>Where</B>: The Ohio Theatre, 66 Wooster St. (betw. Spring & Broome) =
<BR>
<B>Price</B>: $15 per session<BR>
<BR>
An open series for both actors and directors interested in physical trainin=
g, vocal resonator and song work, and the methods utilized by NaCl in the de=
velopment of material for original ensemble performance. Actors <U>and</U> d=
irectors are invited to participate.  <BR>
<BR>
The first 2 hours will be devoted to physical and vocal training, and the l=
ast hour to the creation of material. Participants will  develop a shor=
t "piece."  No experience in physical/ensemble theatre is nec=
essary.  Work is done in bare feet and comfortable clothing (without lo=
gos or writing). Please bring drinking water.  The work session will be=
 led by Brad Krumholz and Tannis Kowalchuk and will be supported by the NaCl=
 company of performers.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Contact: 718-398-4589<BR>
or email: <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>nacl at nacl.org<BR>
</U></FONT><BR>
</B></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3149847452_5664989_MIME_Part--