[NEohioPAL]Bob Berney at IFP/Chgo Conference

Ifpmidwest1e at aol.com Ifpmidwest1e at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 10:50:21 PDT 2003

--part1_3d.36b421fa.2ccc11dd_boundary

Ghouls, Goblins and=E2=80=A6Filmmakers?!  Oh my! =20

And BOB BERNEY from Newmarket Films (WHALE RIDER and oversaw distribution of=
=20
MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING)!=20

Spend Halloween with IFP/Chicago at our 12th Annual Independent Filmmakers=20
Conference!=20

Where else can you enjoy TWO PARTIES with FREE food and drinks, NEW INDIE=20
FILMS and RENOWNED FILMMAKERS on Halloween weekend?

Conference admission is just $70 for members of the Indiana Filmmakers=20
Network! ($80 off the regular rate) Register online at http://chi.ifp.org/ o=
r call=20
312-435-1825! =20

October 31 - November 2
School of the Art Institute of Chicago

The Conference is a unique, weekend-long event that previews much-awaited=20
independent films, features top indie filmmakers and offers opportunities fo=
r=20
filmmakers to push their independent and other film projects ahead.

Featured independent filmmakers include:
-          Bob Berney, president of Newmarket Films, who oversaw the=20
distribution of =20
           MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING, Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN, MEMENTO and
           WHALE RIDER=20
-          Patty Jenkins, director of MONSTER
-          Robert Salerno, producer, of films including SLING BLADE, DADDY=20
AND
           THEM, ALL THE PRETTY HORSES and 21 GRAMS

Independent film preview screenings include:

-          MONSTER, a film about serial killer Aileen Wuornos that was=20
written and
           directed by Patty Jenkins and stars Charlize Theron and Christina=
=20
Ricci. The
           film will be released by Newmarket Films in December.

-          21 GRAMS, directed by Alejandro Gonz=C3=A1lez I=C3=B1=C3=A1rritu=20=
and stars=20
Benicio Del
           Toro, Sean Penn and Christina Ricci.  The film will be released b=
y=20
Focus
           Features in November.

The Conference will also feature the Flyover Zone Short Film Festival and=20
panels and workshops on directing, budgeting, financing and producing.

And please join us for a ragin' Cajun good time at the Pilsner Urquell=20
Opening Night Party!

And more!

Coming from out of town?  We have a special discount rate arranged with the=20
Best Western River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago for just $85=20=
a=20
night.  See the website for more information!

For a complete schedule and to register, visit http://chi.ifp.org/ or call=20
312-435-1825
=20
** If purchasing the pass at the discounted rate online, please use the=20
student rate of $70 and bring a copy of this email at registration!

--part1_3d.36b421fa.2ccc11dd_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Ghouls, Goblins and=E2=80=A6Filmmakers?!  Oh my!&=
nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
And BOB BERNEY from Newmarket Films (WHALE RIDER and oversaw distribution of=
 MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING)! <BR>
<BR>
Spend Halloween with IFP/Chicago at our 12th Annual Independent Filmmakers C=
onference! <BR>
<BR>
Where else can you enjoy TWO PARTIES with FREE food and drinks, NEW INDIE FI=
LMS and RENOWNED FILMMAKERS on Halloween weekend?<BR>
<BR>
Conference admission is just $70 for members of the Indiana Filmmakers Netwo=
rk! ($80 off the regular rate) Register online at http://chi.ifp.org/ or cal=
l 312-435-1825!  <BR>
<BR>
October 31 - November 2<BR>
School of the Art Institute of Chicago<BR>
<BR>
The Conference is a unique, weekend-long event that previews much-awaited in=
dependent films, features top indie filmmakers and offers opportunities for=20=
filmmakers to push their independent and other film projects ahead.<BR>
<BR>
Featured independent filmmakers include:<BR>
-          Bob Berney, presiden=
t of Newmarket Films, who oversaw the distribution of  <BR>
           MY BIG FAT GREE=
K WEDDING, Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN, MEMENTO and<BR>
           WHALE RIDER <BR=

-          Patty Jenkins, direc=
tor of MONSTER<BR>
-          Robert Salerno, prod=
ucer, of films including SLING BLADE, DADDY AND<BR>
           THEM, ALL THE P=
RETTY HORSES and 21 GRAMS<BR>
<BR>
Independent film preview screenings include:<BR>
<BR>
-          MONSTER, a film abou=
t serial killer Aileen Wuornos that was written and<BR>
           directed by Pat=
ty Jenkins and stars Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci. The<BR>
           film will be re=
leased by Newmarket Films in December.<BR>
<BR>
-          21 GRAMS, directed b=
y Alejandro Gonz=C3=A1lez I=C3=B1=C3=A1rritu and stars Benicio Del<BR>
           Toro, Sean Penn=
 and Christina Ricci.  The film will be released by Focus<BR>
           Features in Nov=
ember.<BR>
<BR>
The Conference will also feature the Flyover Zone Short Film Festival and pa=
nels and workshops on directing, budgeting, financing and producing.<BR>
<BR>
And please join us for a ragin' Cajun good time at the Pilsner Urquell Openi=
ng Night Party!<BR>
<BR>
And more!<BR>
<BR>
Coming from out of town?  We have a special discount rate arranged with=
 the Best Western River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago for just=
 $85 a night.  See the website for more information!<BR>
<BR>
For a complete schedule and to register, visit http://chi.ifp.org/ or call 3=
12-435-1825<BR>
 <BR>
** If purchasing the pass at the discounted rate online, please use the stud=
ent rate of $70 and bring a copy of this email at registration!<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_3d.36b421fa.2ccc11dd_boundary--