[NEohioPAL]Cabaret- Top Notch says reviewer

Rebecca Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Fri Nov 14 07:37:51 PST 2003

--B_3151651071_457036

Cabaret at the Streetsboro Community Theatre

Reviewer's Comments - Randy Shaffer, Daily Kent Stater

"To put it plainly, the cast is terrific.  Monique MacGregor's portrayal of
Sally Bowles is dead on. She powerfully captures all of Sally's range  with
room to spare."

"Larry Sage as Clifford Bradshaw lets this element (passionate, quiet but
caring) bleed through from the moment he steps on stage."

"The Emcee, played by Joe Kenderes dominates each scene he is in with his
powerful performance and deep German accent."

"The direction by Becky Summers is top notch.  She allows the characters to
have fun and be serious at the same time, giving the story's ultimate finale
a much more poignant twist."

"The set is wonderful....The choreography is one of the highlights of the
show.  The venue is eloquently decked out with tables and romantically dim
lamps creating a well maintained atmosphere."

Cabaret plays weekends through November with several performances already
sold out.  For reservations or ticket information, call 1-800-696-0465.
Ticket prices are $14.00, $10.00 and $8.00.  The theatre is located at 9184
State Route 43 in Streetsboro.

--B_3151651071_457036

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Cabaret- Top Notch says reviewer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><I>Cabaret</I> at the Streetsboro Community Theatre<BR=

<BR>
Reviewer's Comments - Randy Shaffer, <I>Daily Kent Stater<BR>
</I><BR>
<BR>
"To put it plainly, the cast is terrific.  Monique MacGregor's po=
rtrayal of Sally Bowles is dead on. She powerfully captures all of Sally's r=
ange  with room to spare."<BR>
<BR>
"Larry Sage as Clifford Bradshaw lets this element (passionate, quiet =
but caring) bleed through from the moment he steps on stage."<BR>
<BR>
"The Emcee, played by Joe Kenderes dominates each scene he is in with =
his powerful performance and deep German accent."<BR>
<BR>
"The direction by Becky Summers is top notch.  She allows the cha=
racters to have fun and be serious at the same time, giving the story's ulti=
mate finale a much more poignant twist."<BR>
<BR>
"The set is wonderful....The choreography is one of the highlights of =
the show.  The venue is eloquently decked out with tables and romantica=
lly dim lamps creating a well maintained atmosphere."<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<I>Cabaret</I> plays weekends through November with several performances al=
ready sold out.  For reservations or ticket information, call 1-800-696=
-0465.  Ticket prices are $14.00, $10.00 and $8.00.  The theatre i=
s located at 9184 State Route 43 in Streetsboro.</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3151651071_457036--