[NEohioPAL]AUDITIONS for teens: Les Miserables School Edition at Stagecrafters

Bradley Wyner bwyner at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 2 19:03:22 PST 2003

--MS_Mac_OE_3153247402_84159_MIME_Part

For Immediate Release

Our auditions for this year=B9s Stagecrafters Teen Musical are just a few
weeks away.  Please see below for finalized dates and times.

Les Mis=E9rables School Edition
Performed entirely by students
A musical by ALAIN BOUBLIL and CLAUDE-MICHEL SCH=D6NBERG
Based on the novel by VICTOR HUGO
Music by CLAUDE-MICHEL SCH=D6NBERG
Lyrics by HERBERT KRETZMER
Original French text by ALAIN BOUBLIL and JEAN-MARC NATEL
Additional material by JAMES FENTON
Orchestrations by JOHN CAMERON
Original London production directed and adapted by TREVOR NUNN and JOHN
CAIRD
Original London production by
CAMERON MACKINTOSH and THE ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY
School Edition specially adapted and licensed by
MUSIC THEATRE INTERNATIONAL and CAMERON MACKINTOSH

Produced by Wendy Lee Scott
Directed by Jamie Koeth
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner

Audition Time
Tuesday, December 16, beginning at 6:00 PM
(Please note that this is a change of date.)
Callbacks, if needed, will Thursday, December 18, at 6:00.

Audition Location
The Pepper Pike Learning Center, 32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike

What to Prepare
Please prepare a one-minute song that shows off your range and is
appropriate to the style of the show .  An accompanist will be provided.
Auditioners will only be singing on Tuesday; you do not need to prepare to
dance.

Who is Needed
Strong singers/actors in grades 8-12.  Auditions are open to students from
all schools.
(We are not seeking younger children for Les Miserables School Edition at
this time.  Due to contractual obligations with the licenser, members of
AEA, SAG, AFTRA, or other actor=B9s unions are not eligible for this
production.)

Production Period
Performances are April 16 and 17 at 7:30 PM, with a mandatory strike on
April 18.  Rehearsals will take place weekdays in the evenings and late
afternoons and occasional Saturday afternoons.  We will rehearse a few days
a week beginning in January, moving to a more intense schedule in the last
month of rehearsals.

Location
Auditions, rehearsals, and performances will all take place on the campus o=
the Orange School District, 32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike.

About Stagecrafters
The Teen Show is one element of Stagecrafters' year round programming for
students ranging from elementary school through college.  Les Miserables
School Edition is our fourth Teen Show (following Into the Woods, A
Midsummer Night=B9s Dream, and Chicago).  At Stagecrafters, our aim is to
instill confidence and discipline through the practice and technique of
theater.  Our other popular programs for high school students include the
Cabaret Troupe, Putting It Together (our teen summer camp), and Summer Stoc=
(an intense two-week process for high school and college students).
Participants in the program have gone on to perform on Broadway (Rent, Mama
Mia, The Sweet Smell of Success, Nine, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ
Superstar) and in national tours (Fame, Titanic, Tommy, Jekyll and Hyde).

For more information please e-mail BWyner at adelphia.net or
JamieKoeth at hotmail.com, or call the Stagecrafters office at (216) 831-8601
extension 5103.

Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Education and Recreation.

--MS_Mac_OE_3153247402_84159_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>AUDITIONS for teens: Les Miserables School Edition at Stagecrafters<=
/TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
For Immediate Release<BR>
<BR>
Our auditions for this year=B9s Stagecrafters Teen Musical are just a few wee=
ks away.  Please see below for finalized dates and times.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><H1>Les Mis=E9rables School Edition<BR>
</H1>Performed entirely by students<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">A musical by ALAIN BOUBLIL and CLAUDE-MICHEL SCH=D6NBERG<BR>
Based on the novel by VICTOR HUGO<BR>
Music by CLAUDE-MICHEL SCH=D6NBERG<BR>
Lyrics by HERBERT KRETZMER<BR>
Original French text by ALAIN BOUBLIL and JEAN-MARC NATEL<BR>
Additional material by JAMES FENTON<BR>
Orchestrations by JOHN CAMERON<BR>
Original London production directed and adapted by TREVOR NUNN and JOHN CAI=
RD<BR>
Original London production by<BR>
CAMERON MACKINTOSH and THE ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY<BR>
School Edition specially adapted and licensed by<BR>
MUSIC THEATRE INTERNATIONAL and CAMERON MACKINTOSH<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"1"><BR>
</FONT>Produced by Wendy Lee Scott<BR>
Directed by Jamie Koeth<BR>
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<B>Audition Time<BR>
</B>Tuesday, December 16, beginning at 6:00 PM<BR>
<I>(Please note that this is a change of date.)<BR>
</I>Callbacks, if needed, will Thursday, December 18, at 6:00.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Audition Location<BR>
</B>The Pepper Pike Learning Center, 32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike<BR>
<BR>
<B>What to Prepare<BR>
</B>Please prepare a one-minute song that shows off your range and is appro=
priate to the style of the show .  An accompanist will be provided. &nb=
sp;Auditioners will only be singing on Tuesday; you do not need to prepare t=
o dance.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Who is Needed<BR>
</B>Strong singers/actors in grades 8-12.  Auditions are open to stude=
nts from all schools.<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">(We are not seeking younger children for <I>Les Miserables S=
chool Edition</I> at this time.  Due to contractual obligations with th=
e licenser, members of AEA, SAG, AFTRA, or other actor=B9s unions are not elig=
ible for this production.)<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<B>Production Period<BR>
</B>Performances are April 16 and 17 at 7:30 PM, with a mandatory strike on=
 April 18.  Rehearsals will take place weekdays in the evenings and lat=
e afternoons and occasional Saturday afternoons.  We will rehearse a fe=
w days a week beginning in January, moving to a more intense schedule in the=
 last month of rehearsals.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Location<BR>
</B>Auditions, rehearsals, and performances will all take place on the camp=
us of the Orange School District, 32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike.<BR>
<BR>
<B>About Stagecrafters<BR>
</B>The Teen Show is one element of Stagecrafters' year round programming f=
or students ranging from elementary school through college.  <I>Les Mis=
erables School Edition </I>is our fourth Teen Show (following <I>Into the Wo=
ods</I>, <I>A Midsummer Night=B9s Dream</I>, and <I>Chicago</I>).  At Sta=
gecrafters, our aim is to instill confidence and discipline through the prac=
tice and technique of theater.  Our other popular programs for high sch=
ool students include the Cabaret Troupe, Putting It Together (our teen summe=
r camp), and Summer Stock (an intense two-week process for high school and c=
ollege students).  Participants in the program have gone on to perform =
on Broadway (<I>Rent</I>, <I>Mama Mia</I>, <I>The Sweet Smell of Success</I>=
, <I>Nine</I>, <I>Les Miserables</I>, <I>Jesus Christ Superstar</I>) and in =
national tours (<I>Fame</I>, <I>Titanic</I>, <I>Tommy</I>, <I>Jekyll and Hyd=
e</I>).<BR>
<B><BR>
For more information</B> please e-mail BWyner at adelphia.net or JamieKoeth at ho=
tmail.com, or call the Stagecrafters office at (216) 831-8601 extension 5103=
.<BR>
<BR>
Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Education and Recreation.
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3153247402_84159_MIME_Part--