[NEohioPAL]House Popes at Lydia's, December 13th, Saturday, 9:30 PM

Nicole Sterns nsterns at gwis.com
Mon Dec 8 15:00:50 PST 2003

Hi All,

Bit of news to report. Christopher O'Connell had an emergency
appendectomy
this past Saturday, but he home and recovering. Sean Larson graduated
at the
top of his recording school class and will be returning home for good in
just a couple of weeks. Hopefully, we can finally get the last few
tracks of
the CD squared away and out to the world. Bill, by the way, is living
it up
in Los Angeles, hanging out with Kevin Eubanks at the NBC studios and
enjoying the sun.

The House Popes CD is moving briskly with lots of nice complements
coming
from many sources. You can read a couple of reviews at
http://www.cdbaby.com/housepopes.

The House Popes had a fun time at the Voodoo this past Friday playing
to a
great crowd and catching some excellent performances from Hideaway,
Fierce
Invalids, and a great band from Toledo, Van Gogh Stereo.

Our next gig is at Lydia's on Arlington in Akron. Here's how Elizabeth,
our
publicist previewed the upcoming show:

You're invited to celebrate the holiday season with the House Popes the
following week. Saturday, December 13, the band will take the stage at
Lydia's for the entire evening, starting around 9:30 p.m. Lydia's is
located
at 1400 South Arlington--it'll be on your right as you drive FROM
downtown
Akron. Ken and Jean-Anne and Michael and I went there on a field trip
about
a week ago, so I can tell you with confidence that Lydia's is cozy--even
charming (if you can describe a club that way without losing
credibility!).
It's a nice-sized room, and everyone there was quite friendly. The beer
is
VERY affordable, and  there's a pool table toward the back of the room.
Apparently Lydia's is looking to expand its clientele, as they've been
listing bands on the WAPS concert line for some time now. (Alex Bevan
was
playing the night we stopped by.)

The club itself is located in a shopping plaza--and there is AMPLE
parking
in the evening. Be forewarned that the door has a buzzer--I suspect this
began as a safety measure, since many of Lydia's patrons are women--so
don't
be put off. You'll definitely be welcome (assuming you remember to
bring the
$4 cover, of course)! I'll be there with cd and window clings (I think
we're
temporarily out of t-shirts), if anyone needs to do any last-minute
shopping. Directions (or a link to them) are posted at
http://housepopes.com
if you need them.

And last--but certainly not least--"Star Tonight" has been added to
rotation
at WAPS!!! For those of you who live nearby, that's at 91.3 FM--but you
can
also hear WAPS online at 913TheSummit (I think I've got that right--).
The
House Popes are among the area bands featured on the station's local
music
spotlights, which come up several times daily. I know there's one
weekday
mornings between 9:45 and 9:50; I heard "Star Tonight" at about 2:10 on
weekday afternoon, so I suspect they do one around that time every day.
Keep
your ears peeled--and of course you can feel free to make requests.

Looking forward to seeing y'all soon!