[NEohioPAL]camera repair?

Nina McCollum rockandroller1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 10:33:56 PST 2003

Hi all.  We have a Sony Handycam 8mm TR86, a few years
old but still good, that has suddenly started
spontaneously ejecting the tapes when we try to
record.  Trips to 2 different repair shops quoted us
$250 and up just to examine it to see what's wrong,
which seems awfully high (if we had $250 laying
around, we'd just invest in a new one).

Is there anyone on the list knowledgeable about camera
repair that would be willing to take a look at it and
tell us what's wrong and about how much it "should"
cost to fix?  Just need to determine if it's something
major and should be scrapped & replaced, or something
simple that maybe we could easily fix.

Thanks.

Nina McCollum