[NEohioPAL]Happy New Year 2004 from Drumplay and Daniel Thompson

Oonawolf at aol.com Oonawolf at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 07:48:23 PST 2004

 <A HREF="http://perso.club-internet.fr/calyx/mus/moerlen_benoit.html">Click
here: Profile</A> - Benoit Moerlen

Dear Folks,

It's not too late to wish each and every one of you in the poetic and
theatrical communities (and beyond) a very healthy, happy and more prosperous New
Year 2004.  For Drumplay, 2003 was a banner year in terms of opportunities
realized, which promises another good year for our humble little percussion project.

Drumplay welcomes new member, Benoit Moerlen, from Colmar, France, who has
committed to touring with Drumplay in June 2004, when we return to France,
Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany and Holland.  I include a profile link to Benoit.

With any luck, following our third European tour, we then will be traveling
to Morocco for Festival des Rabat - around the summer solstice.  We were
invited last year; but could not attend for a number of reasons.  I understand that
the invite is an outstanding one; and we hope to raise the money for that leg
of the tour.

On another subject matter, the Cleveland Free Times is seeking nominations
for their annual music awards in the various genres of music performed by NE
Ohio musicians.  Drumplay, nominated the last few years, took home the honor of
Best World Music Act 2002.  Maybe some of you will take the time to give
Drumplay another nomination in the ethnic/world music category.

You can vote online by going to www.freetimes.com/musicawards; and then by
following the links to the 2004 Music Awards.

Or if you prefer, pick up a copy of the Free Times; and mail in your ballot
TODAY, as mail must be postmarked by January 7, 2004.

Many of you are aware of Drumplay and of our work with poet, Daniel Thompson.
 However, If you would like to check us out before you place a nomination,
please go to www.cdbaby.com/drumplay or www.cdbaby.com/drumplay2 for additional
background information and sound clips.

Also, we are preparing our next CD - recordings made in Belfort, France, at
the annual Festival Internationale du Musique Universitaire, featuring Benoit
Moerlen on marimba.  We are taking two of those nights in June 2003 for our
next disc; and I think people will be quite surprised by the results.  It is a
very mellow and contemplative recording, with Daniel never sounding better.  God
willing, Daniel will be with us for many years to come.

Again, I hope 2004 brings more Peace and Love to all of us.

James Onysko