[NEohioPAL]NEWFANGLED PRODUCTIONS seeks mature male actor - PAID

Newfangled Productions newfangled at email.com
Thu Jan 8 19:12:48 PST 2004

NEWFANGLED PRODUCTIONS presentation of "Purim Carnavale" has recently been cast, but we are still searching for one more actor.

Director Megan Elk is looking for a 30-60 year old male to play a triple role - Rabbi Amatai (the good rabbi), Rabbi Greedy (the evil - and yes - greedy rabbi) and Leon (the narrator). The three characters are played by the same actor and are differentiated by a series of special masks that will be designed to the actor's face and then designed and built in Israel.

The performance will be on March 7th 2004 at 2:30pm at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

Early rehearsals will be based in Akron.

The role will require commedia dell 'arte movement and dance.

The stipend is $400.

If you are interested please contact Newfangled Productions at (330)940-2521 or call Megan Elk directly at (412)298-0966 to schedule an appointment.

*****

A description of the play:

>From the 15th century on, the Jewish community of Mantua produced Italian commedias for Carnival celebrations at the ducal court. Playwright and academician Leone de Sommi (1525 - 1590) wrote and produced many such plays, including the innovative Hebrew-language A Comedy of Betrothal, a scripted comedy in five acts.

Newfangled Productions joins Ensemble Ciaramella (a group modeled on the theatrical musical ensembles of the early 17th century) to present a theatrical production based on this important and entertaining work. With dialogue in English and songs in Hebrew, the production draws on commedia dell 'arte gesture and historical dance.

This production has been adapted by Anna Levenstein and Omri Lavin.
Directed by Megan Elk.