[NEohioPAL]Alliance Meeting Feb. 3rd (Nominations / Elections / Website)

Mike Perzel mike at themidnightmovie.NET
Thu Jan 29 20:44:45 PST 2004

Greetings,

2003 has been an uncharacteristically busy year for the collaborative arts
in Cleveland, Ohio. Numerous film projects from both familiar filmmakers
and new faces have wrapped, or gotten under way. A wealth of television
programming from both entertaining and informative venues has reached the
airwaves, and theatre has enjoyed several projects as well. A roller
coaster ride of a year with both grand scale Broadway style presentations,
and engaging independent plays from compelling playwrights and directors.

I say "uncharacteristically," not only due to the sheer volume of
productions, but also to the collaborating of artists between productions,
and across media to assist in the creative process and enjoy new artistic
experiences outside of their chosen craft. This kind of collaboration is
what the Collaborative Arts Alliance is all about. The Alliance has been
proud to be a small part of this large community, and its officers have
undergone many "trials by fire" in order to serve you and bring a useful,
relevant organization to our area.

We are pleased to announce progress on our website.
http://www.YourAlliance.org We've added several pages and would like your
input. Check it out when your get a chance.

It is however, time for our members to consider their needs and vision of
The Alliance, and reflect those needs by reelecting existing officers, or
nominating candidates to represent them in the following seats:
President
Director of Operations
Secretary
Director of Information Technologies

It bears mentioning that a candidate is REQUIRED for our IT Director, as
there is not a current one seated.

Members are asked to attend a special nominations meeting on Tuesday,
February 3rd at the following location:
Cuyahoga County Library
2121 Snow Road (Snow and Broadview)
Parma, Ohio
Tuesday February 3, 2004
7:00 - 8:30PM

Please be prepared to either petition for reelection of existing officers,
or nominate a candidate for any of the above positions. Candidates must be
present at said meeting to accept their nomination and receive further
instructions from our independent board of trustees for organizing their
campaign. General elections will be held on March 2, 2004

Please remember that potential voting members must have counted present at
a previous Alliance meeting in order to exercise voting privileges.

Thank you for a very interesting 2003. Our officers and your potential
candidates are eager to serve you in 2004.

Christopher K. Young
Director of Operations
AllianceCleveland at yahoo.com
http://www.YourAlliance.org