[NEohioPAL]First Unitarian Youth Musical - Musical Director needed

Shirley OConnor swoconnor at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 06:42:51 PST 2004

--0-764001309-1075646571=:74253

First Unitarian Church of Cleveland has presented a musical every spring for the past 25 years.  This year we are presenting the play, Children of Eden.  The cast consists of 30 youth, 3rd grade through High school Seniors. The directors are High School students who have participated in the musicals for a while, and have an interest in the leadership role.

What we need is a Music Director for this years play, Children of Eden.
This entails playing the piano part and teaching the vocal lines to the chorus.  Most of the leads have other alternatives for learning their specific parts, but the music director will be responsible for bringing them together.  Also the stage direction, blocking, casting, costuming are done by the student directors and the parent committee.  The unique quality of this event is that it is kid run.

The job entails a weekly commitment from12:45 until 4 PM, every Sunday beginning Feb. 1 thru May 16.  With the exception of April 11 (Easter) and May 9 (Mother's Day),  Other commitment time includes: Thrusday May 13 from 6PM until 9,  Monday May 17 and Wednesday May 19 from 6 to approximately 9PM.  (This is our 'tech week').  The perfomances are Friday 8PM, Sat 8PM, Sunday 10AM.  May 21, 22, and 23.  The music director would be expected to arrive approximately 1 hour prior to performances. Unless other arrangements have been made.

The church is located at 21600 Shaker Blvd, Shaker Hts.

This is a paid position, (flat dollar amount).

Please call me if you have any questions or need more details.
440-349-1959

Shirley O'Connor

--0-764001309-1075646571=:74253

<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>First Unitarian Church of Cleveland has presented a musical every spring for the past 25 years.  This year we are presenting the play, Children of Eden.  The cast consists of 30 youth, 3rd grade through High school Seniors. The directors are High School students who have participated in the musicals for a while, and have an interest in the leadership role.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1><STRONG>What we need is a Music Director for this years play</STRONG>, Children of Eden.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>This entails playing the piano part and teaching the vocal lines to the chorus.  Most of the leads have other alternatives for learning their specific parts, but the music director will be responsible for bringing them together.  Also the stage direction, blocking, casting, costuming are done by the student directors and the parent committee.  The unique quality of this event is that it is kid run. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>The job entails a weekly commitment from12:45 until 4 PM, every Sunday beginning Feb. 1 thru May 16.  With the exception of April 11 (Easter) and May 9 (Mother's Day),  Other commitment time includes: Thrusday May 13 from 6PM until 9,  Monday May 17 and Wednesday May 19 from 6 to approximately 9PM.  (This is our 'tech week').  The perfomances are Friday 8PM, Sat 8PM, Sunday 10AM.  May 21, 22, and 23.  The music director would be expected to arrive approximately 1 hour prior to performances. Unless other arrangements have been made.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>The church is located at 21600 Shaker Blvd, Shaker Hts. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>
<DIV><FONT size=1>This is a paid position, (flat dollar amount).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Please call me if you have any questions or need more details. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>440-349-1959</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Shirley O'Connor</FONT></DIV></DIV>