[NEohioPAL]CTC: Need 31 Hours of Artists Working for Issue 31

MargLynch at aol.com MargLynch at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 02:50:19 PST 2004

--part1_a0.5b6f418.2d67406b_boundary

Cleveland Theater Collective has agreed to help organize a campaign event for
Issue 31:  31 Hours of Artists working round the clock from Sunday, February
29, 1 pm, to Monday, March 1, 8 pm.  It will take place either in the Lobby of
the State Theatre in Playhouse Square or at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,
to be confirmed very shortly.  We are looking for groups or collections of
individual artists (primarily theater, dance, and music) to take responsibility
for an hour each.  The focus will be on artists at work, so these don't have to
be finished productions but each hour must be active, presentational and
something we'd like to put forward as representative of our work because the goal
is to spotlight the arts and the value of our contribution to the community.
It can be readings of pieces that have been done in the past, are under
rehearsal or are being considered for next year.  If you've got something up right
now, it could be excerpts from a current or past production.  It could be
theater games or improv exercises--"rehearsal."  We could incorporate visual artists
who are willing/able to do their work at the site during that timespan.  It
has to be active.   In addition to performers we will need people to pass out
handbills and be supportive.

Please respond by e-mail if you are interested in helping out.  But include
your phone number in the e-mail since there will be many logistics to discuss.
Include your preferred timeframe.  If you're willing/able to take a night or
early morning hour, we'd appreciate it because those will be the slots most
difficult to fill. If you'd like to participate but can't fill up a whole hour,
it would help us out if you could find a partner for that hour rather than us
having to make the match.    Margaret Lynch 216-941-5727

--part1_a0.5b6f418.2d67406b_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Cleveland Theater Collective has ag=
reed to help organize a campaign event for Issue 31:  31 Hours of Artis=
ts working round the clock from Sunday, February 29, 1 pm, to Monday, March=20=
1, 8 pm.  It will take place either in the Lobby of the State Theatre i=
n Playhouse Square or at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, to be confirmed ver=
y shortly.  We are looking for groups or collections of individual arti=
sts (primarily theater, dance, and music) to take responsibility for an hour=
 each.  The focus will be on artists at work, so these don't have to be=
 finished productions but each hour must be active, presentational and somet=
hing we'd like to put forward as representative of our work because the goal=
 is to spotlight the arts and the value of our contribution to the community=
.  It can be readings of pieces that have been done in the past, are un=
der rehearsal or are being considered for next year.  If you've got som=
ething up right now, it could be excerpts from a current or past production.=
  It could be theater games or improv exercises--"rehearsal."  We=20=
could incorporate visual artists who are willing/able to do their work at th=
e site during that timespan.  It has to be active.   In addit=
ion to performers we will need people to pass out handbills and be supportiv=
e.   <BR>
<BR>
Please respond by e-mail if you are interested in helping out.  <B>But=20=
include your phone number in the e-mail since there will be many logistics t=
o discuss.</B>  Include your preferred timeframe.  If you're willi=
ng/able to take a night or early morning hour, we'd appreciate it because th=
ose will be the slots most difficult to fill. If you'd like to participate b=
ut can't fill up a whole hour, it would help us out if you could find a part=
ner for that hour rather than us having to make the match.   =
 Margaret Lynch 216-941-5727</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a0.5b6f418.2d67406b_boundary--