[NEohioPAL]Would You Support a Movie Studio in Cleveland Ohio?

Alexcine at aol.com Alexcine at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 09:06:30 PST 2004

Emmy winning writer Alex P. Michaels has been called a “tireless force for indie film in Cleveland.” * Now Alex and his company Prelude2Cinema is dedicated to creating a movie studio for the city of Cleveland. Northeast Ohio will benefit aesthetically and financially from the motion picture and TV industry being a viable economic force in its region. The movie "Against the Ropes" was recently shot in Cleveland and while this is a good thing for the economy, Alex feels that Cleveland needs to make movies on its own.  Prelude2Cinema has finished a number of digital movies. Clips from those movies were shown in January at the Cleveland Public Theatre as part of Alex's show "The M.A.N." Prelude2Cinema has named its new movie studio "The Knight Studio Movie Incubator" (a.k.a. K.S.M.I.)

“I have a number of movies to finish up (two features and the pilot for a TV Series), but I felt that with the arts issue this was an important time to make certain that the local movie community is not overlooked when it comes to “Arts and Culture.”  Prelude2Cinema is using its website www.prelude2cinema.com to promote the studio and seek partners.  It also has a studio in the real world name Knight Studio that it will use as the base of operations for K.SM.I. until it movies into a larger facility

At a special part of the Prelude2Cinema Website, we are asking whether people would support a Movie Studio made in Cleveland by the people of Cleveland. Please feel free to add your thoughts at www.prelude2cinema.com/studio.htm

“tireless force for indie film in Cleveland.”*
Quote from Linda Eisenstein in “The Angle Magazine”
Full article and other press on Prelude2Cinema available on-line at
http://www.prelude2cinema.com/p2c-PressRoom-2003.htm