[NEohioPAL]Brian Zoldessy Update 2-27

Vicki Zoldessy VZoldessy at wowway.com
Fri Feb 27 20:08:11 PST 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C3FD6D.6CC02460

Dear Friends,

Brian has now been hospitalized for nine weeks.  His situation has =
changed every day this week.  As of yesterday, I thought he would be =
coming home today.  As of today, we expect him to remain in the hospital =
for at least another two weeks.  Here's why:

Copies of two angiagrams done at Hillcrest Hospital finally showed up at =
the Clinic today (delivered to the wrong place, who knows when?)  What =
they reveal is chronic superior mesenteric artery bisection.  In this =
condition, a flap, or part of the artery occasionally closes the artery =
off to blood flow.  It can vary with each pulse, but the end result is a =
chronic condition which results in nausea, vomiting and pain.  The =
remedy is the surgery originally discussed a number of weeks ago.  It =
will be performed next week -- toward the end of the week, maybe =
Thursday or Friday (March 4,5).  We expect to get the date early next =
week -- Monday or Tuesday.

His kidneys are continuing to improve and dialysis and close monitoring =
will continue up to and after surgery.

He has been running a fever for a couple of days and that will be =
addressed in the next two-three days.  We aren't certain where the =
infection is, perhaps the dialysis port located near his collarbone.  =
Blood cultures are being run and he's being seen by infectious diseases =
staff.

We have met with no fewer than a dozen new doctors this week and are =
encouraged by the quality of their insights and expertise -- but it has =
been exhausting, and the constantly changing status has caused us many =
moments of elation followed by crashing disappointment.  I have resisted =
writing to you until I felt relatively certain that I could impart =
reliable news.  Once again, thank you all for your support.  Brian, the =
girls, and I are more grateful than we can say. =20

Vicki

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C3FD6D.6CC02460

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dear Friends,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Brian has now been hospitalized for nine =
weeks.  His=20
situation has changed every day this week.  As of =
yesterday, I=20
thought he would be coming home today.  As of today, we expect him =
to=20
remain in the hospital for at least another two weeks.  Here's=20
why:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Copies of two angiagrams done at Hillcrest Hospital =
finally=20
showed up at the Clinic today (delivered to the wrong place, who =
knows=20
when?)  What they reveal is chronic superior mesenteric artery=20
bisection.  In this condition, a flap, or part of the artery =
occasionally=20
closes the artery off to blood flow.  It can vary with each pulse, =
but the=20
end result is a chronic condition which results in nausea, vomiting and=20
pain.  The remedy is the surgery originally discussed a number of =
weeks=20
ago.  It will be performed next week -- toward the end of the week, =
maybe=20
Thursday or Friday (March 4,5).  We expect to get the date early =
next week=20
-- Monday or Tuesday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>His kidneys are continuing to improve and dialysis =
and close=20
monitoring will continue up to and after surgery.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>He has been running a fever for a couple of days and =
that will=20
be addressed in the next two-three days.  We aren't certain where =
the=20
infection is, perhaps the dialysis port located near his =
collarbone. =20
Blood cultures are being run and he's being seen by infectious diseases=20
staff.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We have met with no fewer than a dozen new doctors =
this week=20
and are encouraged by the quality of their insights and expertise -- but =
it has=20
been exhausting, and the constantly changing status has caused us many =
moments=20
of elation followed by crashing disappointment.  I have resisted =
writing to=20
you until I felt relatively certain that I could impart reliable =
news. =20
Once again, thank you all for your support.  Brian, the girls, and =
I are=20
more grateful than we can say.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Vicki</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C3FD6D.6CC02460--