[NEohioPAL]Kent Stage "Laughter" Auditions

JR Simons JOVIALITIES at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 24 05:33:58 PST 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4117A.C05206E0

Hello, everyone,
I am J. R. Simons, I am directing the next Kent Stage Players =
production, "Laughter on the 23rd Floor," by Neil Simon.  I am =
conducting auditions for the show this coming week.  You are all invited =
to come out to the theatre at 175 E. Main Street in Kent, Ohio and =
audition.

Auditions will be held on Sunday, March 28 from 4-6 PM and Tuesday, =
March 30 from 7-9 PM with callback (if necessary) on Thursday, April 1.  =
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.  No monologues =
are necessary, however, if you have a prepared (and I stress "prepared") =
comic monologue, I will be glad to watch you perform it.  This is an =
open call, so no appointments are necessary.  We will begin readings as =
soon as we have enough people present to read.

This is a small, ensemble cast with roles available for 7 men aged 20-60 =
and 2 women aged 20-40.  However, do not let your age be a factor in =
deciding whether or not you will audition.  I am age and color blind =
when it comes to casting.  However, due to the nature of the language of =
the script, I ask that you be over 18 in order to audition.

Because I teach nights at Lorain County Community College, rehearsals =
will be on Tuesday and Thursday nights (with some possible Sunday nights =
and/or Saturday afternoons) through the end of the LCCC semester =
(mid-May) and then every night of the week for the last two weeks of =
rehearsal leading up to opening night.  This means I am looking for =
self-motivated and self-managed actors who will take it upon themselves =
to incorporate our rehearsals on their own during time away from the =
theatre.  If you fit this description, then I want to meet you next =
week.

For more information on me and my past productions, visit my personal =
website at www.jrsimons.8m.com .  See you all next week for auditions!

Thanks!

J. R. Simons
Producer
The Jovialities Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Be sure to visit us on the Web at www.jovialities.8m.com
------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4117A.C05206E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY background=3D"">
<DIV>Hello, everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>I am J. R. Simons, I am directing the next Kent Stage Players =
production,=20
"Laughter on the 23rd Floor," by Neil Simon.  I am conducting =
auditions for=20
the show this coming week.  You are all invited to come out to the =
theatre=20
at 175 E. Main Street in Kent, Ohio and audition.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Auditions will be held on Sunday, March 28 from 4-6 PM and Tuesday, =
March=20
30 from 7-9 PM with callback (if necessary) on Thursday, April 1. =20
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.  No =
monologues are=20
necessary, however, if you have a prepared (and I stress "prepared") =
comic=20
monologue, I will be glad to watch you perform it.  This is an open =
call,=20
so no appointments are necessary.  We will begin readings as soon =
as we=20
have enough people present to read.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>This is a small, ensemble cast with roles available for 7 men aged =
20-60=20
and 2 women aged 20-40.  However, do not let your age be a factor =
in=20
deciding whether or not you will audition.  I am age and color =
blind when=20
it comes to casting.  However, due to the nature of the language of =
the=20
script, I ask that you be over 18 in order to audition.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Because I teach nights at Lorain County Community College, =
rehearsals will=20
be on Tuesday and Thursday nights (with some possible Sunday nights =
and/or=20
Saturday afternoons) through the end of the LCCC semester (mid-May) and =
then=20
every night of the week for the last two weeks of rehearsal leading up =
to=20
opening night.  This means I am looking for self-motivated and =
self-managed=20
actors who will take it upon themselves to incorporate our rehearsals on =
their=20
own during time away from the theatre.  If you fit this =
description, then I=20
want to meet you next week.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>For more information on me and my past productions, visit my =
personal=20
website at <A =
href=3D"http://www.jrsimons.8m.com">www.jrsimons.8m.com</A> . =20
See you all next week for auditions!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>J. R. Simons<BR>Producer<BR>The Jovialities Entertainment Co., =
Ltd.<BR>Be=20
sure to visit us on the Web at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.jovialities.8m.com">www.jovialities.8m.com</A></DIV></=
BODY></HTML>