[NEohioPAL]Special offer from CPT for Junebug Jabbo Jones this Thursday and Friday

Dan Kilbane dkilbane at cptonline.org
Wed Mar 31 14:43:50 PST 2004

A special offer to all Neohiopals!

CPT is presenting a family-friendly, fun-filled evening of theatre for one
weekend only, April 1 - 4 featuring the writer-performer John O'Neal as
Junebug Jabbo Jones.  Print out this email, bring it to the box office, and
get a $5 ticket!*

Details on the show:

DON’T START ME TO TALKING OR I’LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW:  SAYINGS FROM
THE LIFE AND WRITINGS OF
JUNEBUG JABBO JONES
A remarkable collection of tales and anecdotes as told by the folkloric
character,
Junebug Jabbo Jones.
“The subtlety and strength of Mr. O’Neal’s performances are something to
behold.  He is a very funny man and he is a great actor.” -The New Yorker
April 1 - 4, 2004

Junebug’s wisdom is immense:  from simple lessons of respect to the
complexity of redemption, this play is certain to teach and amaze.  Wherever
and whenever oppressed people have taken stock of their situations and begun
to consider what to do about it, Junebug Jabbo Jones or somebody like him
may be found nearby.  Coming from a long line of African storytellers like
Aesop, praise-singers, and street corner poets who chime the rhymes of Shine
and Stagolee, Junebug Jabbo Jones, played by John O’Neal, is a keeper of
dreams and other sacred things.

Writer and performer John O’Neal gives “respect, humor and the quietest
passion” to the character of storyteller Junebug Jabbo Jones in six tales
that detail Junebug’s history, background, and experiences growing up in
Pike County, Mississippi, and the journey outside his home to the big world.
Directed by Steve Kent and based on a production directed by Curtis L. King,
Don’t Start Me to Talking or I’ll Tell You Everything I Know:  Sayings from
the Life and Writings of Junebug Jabbo Jones runs from April 1 - 4 in CPT’s
Upstairs Theatre.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday performances are at 8:00
p.m., and the Sunday performance is at 3:00 p.m.  Regular ticket prices are
$18 general, $15 for students and seniors.  Group rates are available.

Info. and reservations:  216/631-2727 ext. 501.

www.cptonline.org

*One email print out per person, please.  Each person who presents this
coupon gets one ticket at the $5 rate.

Dan Kilbane
Publicist
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH  44102
tel:  216/631-2727 ext. 203
fax:  216/631-2575
www.cptonline.org
dkilbane at cptonline.org

Cleveland Public Theatre's festival of dance:  DANCEWORKS 04!  Dance hall
days
GroundWorks Dancetheater Apr 2 -4
Also...
Don't Start Me To Talking or I'll Tell You Everything I Know:  Saying From
the Life and Writings of Junebug Jabbo Jones ONE WKD. ONLY Apr 1 -4!

BRING IT ON!