[NEohioPAL]Seeking Actors / Comedians to play Geo Bush & other pol!

sritchey at mindspring.com sritchey at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 5 17:54:30 PDT 2004

   AUDITIONS ANNOUNCEMENT:
  THE MAPLELEAF THEATER COMPANY

Comic actors here is your chance to play DUBYA!

We are looking for actors for political character
roles:  men  - ages 35 - 65, for the productions
of:

    DIRTY STORY    by  John Partrick Shanley

characters:   George W. Bush (as a cowboy!)
	 Tony Blair  (as a bartender)
                     a novelist
	 a woman novelist wannnbe (younger)

Performance dates: Fridays and Saturdays,  June 11th - 26th
To be directed by Steve Ritchey.

   CAMPING WITH HENRY & TOM

characters:   Henry Ford
	 Thomas Edison  (older)
                     Warren Harding
	 a secret service agent (younger)

Performance dates: Fridays and Saturdays,  Aug. 13th -28th
To be directed by Barbara Rhoades.

Stipends for actors and production staff start at  $125++.

Stay tuned for audition info about a Jane Martin production in  July.

In DIRTY STORY, aspiring novelist Wanda asks successful writer
Brutus for advice and gets more than she bargains for.  First he trashes
her manuscript.  Then, despite this, they move in together, beginning a
sadomaschochistic relationship.   During a dispute over the apartment,
Wanda's pistol-toting cowboy ex-boyfriend, Frank, knocks down the
door and comes in with his British bartender sidekick, Watson.  Wanda declares
"Call me Israel!", and the story takes a turn into political allegory.  Frank
and Watson bear a striking resemblance to Bush and Blair, and Brutus and
Wanda's dispute looks a lot like a certain infamous Middle East conflict.
Can Frank and Watson resolve this crisis, do they have any business trying?
And can it all be solved with poker game?  Cowboy Frank believes he has
the solution: "Be like me.  Do like I do.  And it works."  But does it?

In CAMPING WITH HENRY & TOM, Henry Ford, Thomas Alva Edison,
and president Warren G. Harding go camping together .

   The Mapleleaf Theater is a non-profit, semi-professional theater
   based during the summer at Harpersfield Vineyard near Madison OH.
   The performances are in an intimate cafe style setting.
   It's the only theater at a working vineyard in the United States.
   In its 20th season, the theater specializes in off-beat,
   unusual, and new works by American playwrights.

-->   For audition appointments /  info call today!!   440 942-7075

              Email:  maple-leaf at mindspring.com