[NEohioPAL]Great Lakes Theater Festival Presents "Ten In One" - 2004 Touring Production

Todd Krispinsky tkrispinsky at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 08:13:58 PDT 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 12, 2004

Great Lakes Theater Festival Presents
World-Premiere of Ten In One,
An Outreach Touring Production

Great Lakes Theater Festival (GLTF) presents its annual outreach touring
production, a new play titled Ten In One, written by Cleveland-based
playwright Toni K. Thayer and directed by the supervisor of the Festival’s
school residency program, Lisa Ortenzi. The four-actor production features
Betsy Kahl, Tim Keo, Michael Regnier and Rhoda Rosen and will tour 20 venues
throughout Northeast Ohio from April 14 through May 5, 2004. The
production’s scenic designer is Jenny Hitmar.  The costume designer for the
production is Naima Hadden.  All performances are free and open to the
public. (Schedule follows.)

“Parents certainly make many sacrifices for their children to ensure for
them a better life,” said Lisa Ortenzi, director of Great Lakes Theater
Festival’s 2004 outreach touring production.  “What happens, however, when
those sacrifices don’t necessarily pay off?  Why is that increasingly the
case in this country?  I love this play because it asks profound questions
about the American Dream, about our relationships to one another and about
identity.  Toni [the playwright] has created a profound piece of theater
that isn’t afraid to ask provocative questions.  Set against the backdrop of
a freak-show at a carnival [the source for the play’s title], a place where
the boundaries between reality and illusion are often very blurry, these
kinds of questions have even more resonance.  I really look forward to hear
our audiences respond.  I couldn’t be more excited.”

In Ten In One, the Gazonie family sideshow presents the American Dream to
small-town audiences evermore entranced by television. Mama Louise tries to
hold the family business together against the threat of corporate takeover.
Her children yearn for something more, but sacrifices must be made if the
American Dream is going to stay on the road.

Ten In One is part of And Justice For All, a series of community programs
surrounding Cleveland Public Theatre’s production of Nickel and Dimed
produced in association with Great Lakes Theater Festival (April 28 – May
29, 2004 at the Gordon Square Theatre, Cleveland Public Theatre), and Great
Lakes Theater Festival’s production of Julius Caesar (September 24 – October
16, 2004 at the Ohio Theatre, Playhouse Square Center).  Held throughout
Northern Ohio from March through October, this programming is designed for
audiences of all backgrounds and ages.

Ten In One is a seventy-five minute program that includes an introduction
and post-performance discussion. Call the individual venues for more
information about the performances. For more information, visit the Great
Lakes Theater Festival website at www.greatlakestheater.org.

#     #     #

MEDIA CONTACT:
Todd Krispinsky
Marketing and Public Relations Manager
(216) 241-5490 x 317, tkrispinsky at greatlakestheater.org

Great Lakes Theater Festival
2004 Outreach Touring Production Schedule
Ten In One
By Toni K. Thayer
Directed by Lisa Ortenzi

Outreach Touring Production schedule
is subject to change.

Call individual sites for further information.

Lorain County Community College
Stocker Center (Studio Theater)
Wednesday, April 14, 2004 @ 7:30 PM
1005 Abbe Road North, Elyria
Information:  1-800-995-5222 ext. 7120

John Carroll University
Marinello Little Theater
Thursday, April 15, 2004 @ 7:30 PM
20700 North Park Blvd., University Heights
Information:  216-397-4191

Fairview Park Public Library
Friday, April 16, 2004 @ 3:30 PM
21255 Lorain Road, Fairview Park
Information:  440-333-4700

Oberlin Public Library
Sunday, April 18, 2004 @ 3:00 PM
65 South Main Street, Oberlin
Information:  440-775-4790

Solon Public Library
Monday, April 19, 2004 @ 7:00 PM
34215 Portz Parkway, Solon
Information:  440-248-8777

East High School, Akron
Tuesday, April 20, 2004 @ 8:30 AM
80 Brittain Road, Akron
Information:  330-794-4100

Nordonia Hills Public Library
Wednesday, April 21, 2004 @ 7:00 PM
9458 Olde Eight Road, Northfield
Information:  330-467-8595

Martin Luther King, Jr. Branch of
Cleveland Public Library
Thursday, April 22, 2004 @ 11:00 AM
1962 Stokes Blvd., Cleveland
Information:  216-623-7018

St. Augustine Church
Walsh Hall
Friday, April 23, 2004 @ 7:00 PM
2486 West 14th Street, Cleveland
Information:  216-781-5880
** - (Sign Interpreted Performance)

Clague Playhouse
Sunday, April 25, 2004 @ 2:00 PM
1371 Clague Road, Westlake
Information:  440-331-0403

Lorain Admiral King High School
Monday, April 26, 2004 @ 1:30 PM
2600 Ashland Ave., Lorain
Information:  440-282-9191

Lorain Catholic High School
Tuesday, April 27, 2004 @ 12:00 PM
760 Tower Blvd., Lorain
Information:  440-282-8216

Karamu House
Tuesday, April 27, 2004 @ 7:30 PM
2355 East 89th Street, Cleveland
Information:  216-795-7070

Lake Erie College
CK Rickel Theater
Wednesday, April 28, 2004 @ 7:00 PM
391 West Washington Street, Painesville
Information:  440-639-7856

Bay High School
Thursday, April 29, 2004 @ 11:00 AM
29230 Wolf Road, Bay Village
Information:  440-899-5800

Cleveland Sight Center
Friday, April 30, 2004 @ 1:00 PM
1909 East 101st Street, Cleveland
Information:  216-556-4618
** - (Audio Described Performance)

Cleveland Heights Main Library
Sunday, May 2, 2004 @ 2:00 PM
2345 Lee Road., Cleveland Heights
Information:  216-932-6300 ext. 291

Playhouse Square Center
East Rehearsal Hall
Monday, May 3, 2004 @ 2:00 PM
1650 Chester Avenue, 2nd Floor, Cleveland
Information:  216-241-5490 ext. 307

Lorain Southview High School
Tuesday, May 4, 2004 @ 1:30 PM
2270 East 42nd Street, Lorain
Information:  440-277-7271

Portage Lakes Public Library
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 @ 6:30 PM
4261 Manchester Road, Akron
Information:  330-644-7050

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2
months!