[NEohioPAL]Once On This Island Summer Youth Auditions

Rebecca Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Mon Apr 26 08:08:07 PDT 2004

--B_3165822487_558495

Once on This Island

Summer Youth Auditions at the Streetsboro Community Theatre, 9184 St. Rt. 4=
3

=20

            Artistic Director:                      Rebecca Summers
            Director:                                  Lisa Pyles
            Assistant Director:                   Adam Alderson
            Stage Manager:                      Sheryl Puette
            Choreographer:                      Rebecca Summers
            Musical Directors:                    Barbara Bellamy and Chery=
Sage
            Orchestra Director:                 Cheryl Sage
            Assistant Choreographer:      Alex Puette
            Producer:                               Tom Wilschutz
            Technical Director:                  Lyle Hennicke

=20

Production Dates: July 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23 and 24

 Audition Dates:  Monday, April 26             6:30 pm to 8:30 pm =AD Ages 5 =
-
11

                          Tuesday, April 27             6:30 pm to 8:30 pm =
=AD
Ages 12 - 21* or by a special appointment.

                           Callbacks: Wednesday, April 28th, 6:30 pm

                                    Please prepare 16 bars of a musical
number and bring a current photo.

=20

Once on This Island is the engaging, Caribbean-flavored musical based on Th=
Little Mermaid. The story of Ti Moune, a peasant girl who falls in love
above her class, is told around a fire by a group of Caribbean peasants as
they wait out a terrible storm.  Once On This Island uses the tradition of
storytelling to pass down history, values and insight from one generation t=
the next. The result is a lesson to be passed along for generations to come=
.
With the gods looking over her, Ti Moune=B9s journey of unrequited love comes
to prove that the power of love is stronger than the power of death. Ti
Moune=B9s courage and spirit prove that love can withstand the storm and
survive no matter what!

The show features 19 song and dance numbers. We are also looking for reed,
guitar, bass, synthesizer and auxiliary percussion orchestra members.  For
more information, please call 216-570-4829 or email rsummers at kent.edu.
Character descriptions are on line at www.sct-online.com

--B_3165822487_558495

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Once On This Island Summer Youth Auditions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><I>Once on This Island <BR>
</I></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Summer Youth Auditions at the Streetsboro Community Theatre, 9184 St. Rt. 4=
3<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
            Art=
istic Director:           =
           Rebecca Su=
mmers<BR>
            Dir=
ector:            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;        Lisa Pyles<BR>
            Ass=
istant Director:          &nbsp=
;        Adam Alderson<BR>
            Sta=
ge Manager:           &nbs=
p;          Sheryl Puette<=

            Cho=
reographer:           &nbs=
p;          Rebecca Summer=
s<BR>
            Mus=
ical Directors:           =
         Barbara Bellamy and Ch=
eryl Sage<BR>
            Orc=
hestra Director:          &nbsp=
;      Cheryl Sage<BR>
            Ass=
istant Choreographer:      Alex Puette<BR>
            Pro=
ducer:            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;     Tom Wilschutz<BR>
            Tec=
hnical Director:          &nbsp=
;       Lyle Hennicke<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
Production Dates: July 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23 and 24<BR>
<BR>
 Audition Dates:  Monday, April 26      =
       6:30 pm to 8:30 pm – Ages 5 =
- 11<BR>
<BR>
            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;Tuesday, April 27         &nbsp=
;   6:30 pm to 8:30 pm – Ages 12 - 21* or by a special =
appointment.<BR>
<BR>
            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp; Callbacks: Wednesday, April 28th, 6:30 pm<BR>
<BR>
            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;          Please prep=
are 16 bars of a musical number and bring a current photo.<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
<I>Once on This Island</I> is the engaging, Caribbean-flavored musical base=
d on <I>The Little Mermaid</I>. The story of Ti Moune, a peasant girl who fa=
lls in love above her class, is told around a fire by a group of Caribbean p=
easants as they wait out a terrible storm.  Once On This Island uses th=
e tradition of storytelling to pass down history, values and insight from on=
e generation to the next. The result is a lesson to be passed along for gene=
rations to come.  With the gods looking over her, Ti Moune’s jour=
ney of unrequited love comes to prove that the power of love is stronger tha=
n the power of death. Ti Moune’s courage and spirit prove that love ca=
n withstand the storm and survive no matter what! <BR>
<BR>
The show features 19 song and dance numbers. We are also looking for reed, =
guitar, bass, synthesizer and auxiliary percussion orchestra members.  =
For more information, please call 216-570-4829 or email rsummers at kent.edu. &=
nbsp;Character descriptions are on line at <U>www.sct-online.com<BR>
</U></FONT>
</BODY>