[NEohioPAL]Good Company Concert

Karen Weaver ksweaver11 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 04:48:51 PDT 2004

Good Company, a vocal ensemble under the direction of
Karen Weaver, will present a free concert of all
American music on Sunday, May 9th at 4pm at Lakewood
Presbyterian Church, 14502 Detroit Avenue.  The
program, entitled "America Resounds" will include
works by William Billings, Samuel Barber, Charles
Ives, Duke Ellington, Scott Joplin, and Leonard
Bernstein.  Pianists Joseph Jacoby and Robert Baggs
will assist.  Free-will offering.  Call (216) 226-0514
for more information.

America Resounds

William Billings (Continental Harmony) – O Praise the
Lord of Heaven
	Soloists:  Jennifer Scolnick, Melissa Jones, Greg
Orloff, Stephen Adams
James Christopher (Sacred Harp) – Wondrous Love
	Soloist:  Don Ferencz
Arr. Salli Terry – I Am a Poor Wayfarin’ Stranger
	Soloists:  Holly Walker, Nathalie Croissant
Aaron Copland – Zion’s Walls

Libby Larsen – Invitation to Music
Elliott Carter – Musicians Wrestle Everywhere
Samuel Barber – To Be Sung on the Water

Michael Hennagin – Walking on the Green Grass
Arr. Norman Luboff – Oh My Love
	Soloist:  Mary Frances McGinty
Gail Kubik – Listen to the Mocking Bird
Aaron Copland – Las Agachadas
	Soloists:  Karen Hunt, Barb Margolis, Stephen Weaver,
Gregory Heislman

Vincent Persichetti – dominic has a doll
Bruce Ruddell – Rock Me Easy
	Soloist:  Bruce Holloway
Duke Ellington, et al., arr. Kirby Shaw – I’m
Beginning to See the Light
	Soloist:  Amy Collins

Charles Ives – Circus Band
Scott Joplin – We’re Goin’ Around from Treemonisha
	Soloist:  Larry Crooks
Leonard Bernstein, arr. Robert Page – Make Our Garden
Grow from Candide