[NEohioPAL]Cain Park Cabaret Series Begins 6/15

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Tue May 25 15:01:35 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3168352895_1875902_MIME_Part

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAY 25, 2004

CAIN PARK
presents
ALMA CABARET SERIES

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH - Cain Park=B9s annual Alma Cabaret series, a showcase
of new and established talents across a variety of musical genres, will
return again this summer with an exciting lineup that includes acoustic
guitar, Broadway, a tribute to Duke Ellington and klezmer, among others.

Derrick Cobey will kick off the series on June 15 with Any Place I Hang My
Hat is Home, a musical reflection on the life of an actor.  Indeed, Cobey
has seen firsthand the whirlwind of apartments, theaters, busses and
dressing rooms that accompanies life in =B3the biz=B2=8Bthe Baldwin-Wallace
College alum=B9s career highlights include traveling cross-country with the
national tour of Rent and appearing in the off-Broadway productions of
H.M.S. Pinafore and The Gondoliers in New York City.  Now he returns to
Cleveland, where he got his start in area theaters like The Cleveland Play
House, Great Lakes Theater Festival and Cain Park.  In Any Place I Hang My
Hat is Home, Cobey will perform songs written by a variety of composers
including Rodgers and Hammerstein, Stephen Sondheim, Henry Krieger and Bill
Russell, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.  He will be accompanied by Nancy Gantose-Maier
on piano and George Kiteley on percussion.  =B3The resonant and graceful
Derrick Cobey...is a find.=B2 [New York Times]

On June 16, The Wizards of Acoustic Guitar will take the stage to bring the
acoustic guitar music of tomorrow to the present.  By stretching boundaries
and discovering new horizons while riding on the wings of past masters,
Brian Henke, Jim Volk and Neil Jacobs join together to produce a truly
diverse sound.  Award-winning guitarist Brian Henke amazes audiences with
his emotional, elegant and virtuosic style.  Former Cleveland Heights
resident Jim Volk=B9s Blue Wheels has earned critical acclaim: =B3Volk is a
revelation...prepare for baptism by fire.=B2 [San Antonio Current]  From
Sarajevo and the Kremlin to the Kennedy Center in New York, self-taught
12-string guitarist Neil Jacobs astounds audiences worldwide by
incorporating Gypsy, jazz, World, new age and Balkan folk music, among
others, into his own refreshing, energetic style.  www.brianhenkeguitar.com=
,
www.jimvolk.com, www.neiljacobs.com.

Captivating song stylist Kathleen Shannon and two of Cleveland jazz
musicians Rock Wehrmann and Aidan Plank will embark on a tour of Broadway
favorites on June 17 in Jazzed About Broadway,  an eclectic tribute
featuring unique jazz settings of tunes by Rodgers & Hammerstein, George
Gershwin, Stephen Sondheim and many others.  Known for her diverse and
compelling stylings of the classics, Shannon has dazzled audiences all
across America, from Los Angeles to New York and everywhere in between.  As
a follow-up to her 2003 Alma Cabaret appearance in Jazzed About the Movies,
this journey down the Great White Way is sure to leave audience members
Jazzed about Broadway.

Upcoming Alma Cabaret performances will include =B3Celebrating Duke Ellington=
=B2
featuring the John Richmond Swingtet (June 23), Kassaba (June 24), Cynthia
O=B9Connell & Friends (June 30), and Meshugeneh Mambo (July 1).  All Cabaret
performances are held in Cain Park=B9s Alma Theater and begin promptly at 7:3=
0
p.m.

Advance tickets for Alma Cabaret performances are $14.  Day-of-show-tickets
are $16.  The Alma Cabaret series is supported by The A. M. McGregor Home.

Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and
signature).  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also
available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone
216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda/Toyota in
Cleveland Heights.=20

Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the
nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about al=
Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.

###

CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or JEN
TROLIO, Public Relations Assistant, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail
ksenia at clvhts.com.

--MS_Mac_OE_3168352895_1875902_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Cain Park Cabaret Series Begins 6/15</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H3>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4">MAY 25, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H1>CAIN PARK<BR>
presents<BR>
ALMA CABARET SERIES <BR>
<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"4">CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH - Cain Park=B9s annual Alma Cabaret=
 series, a showcase of new and established talents across a variety of music=
al genres, will return again this summer with an exciting lineup that includ=
es acoustic guitar, Broadway, a tribute to Duke Ellington and klezmer, among=
 others.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Derrick Cobey </B>will kick off the series on <B>June 15</B> with <I>Any=
 Place I Hang My Hat is Home</I>, a musical reflection on the life of an act=
or.  Indeed, Cobey has seen firsthand the whirlwind of apartments, thea=
ters, busses and dressing rooms that accompanies life in =B3the biz=B2=8Bthe Baldw=
in-Wallace College alum=B9s career highlights include traveling cross-country =
with the national tour of <I>Rent</I> and appearing in the off-Broadway prod=
uctions of <I>H.M.S. Pinafore </I>and <I>The Gondoliers </I>in New York City=
.  Now he returns to Cleveland, where he got his start in area theaters=
 like The Cleveland Play House, Great Lakes Theater Festival and Cain Park. =
 In <I>Any Place I Hang My Hat is Home</I>, Cobey will perform songs wr=
itten by a variety of composers including Rodgers and Hammerstein, Stephen S=
ondheim, Henry Krieger and Bill Russell, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.  He will b=
e accompanied by Nancy Gantose-Maier on piano and George Kiteley on percussi=
on.  =B3The resonant and graceful Derrick Cobey...is a find.=B2 [<I>New Yor=
k Times</I>]  <BR>
<BR>
On <B>June 16</B>, <B>The Wizards of Acoustic Guitar</B> will take the stag=
e to bring the acoustic guitar music of tomorrow to the present.  By st=
retching boundaries and discovering new horizons while riding on the wings o=
f past masters, <B>Brian Henke</B>, <B>Jim Volk</B> and <B>Neil Jacobs</B> j=
oin together to produce a truly diverse sound.  Award-winning guitarist=
 <B>Brian Henke</B> amazes audiences with his emotional, elegant and virtuos=
ic style.  Former Cleveland Heights resident <B>Jim Volk=B9s </B><I>Blue =
Wheels </I>has earned critical acclaim: =B3Volk is a revelation...prepare for =
baptism by fire.=B2 [<I>San Antonio Current</I>]  From Sarajevo and the K=
remlin to the Kennedy Center in New York, self-taught 12-string guitarist <B=
>Neil Jacobs </B>astounds audiences worldwide by incorporating Gypsy, jazz, =
World, new age and Balkan folk music, among others, into his own refreshing,=
 energetic style.  www.brianhenkeguitar.com, www.jimvolk.com, www.neilj=
acobs.com.<BR>
<BR>
Captivating song stylist <B>Kathleen Shannon</B> and two of Cleveland jazz =
musicians Rock Wehrmann and Aidan Plank will embark on a tour of Broadway fa=
vorites on <B>June 17</B> in <I>Jazzed About Broadway</I>,  an eclectic=
 tribute featuring unique jazz settings of tunes by Rodgers & Hammerstei=
n, George Gershwin, Stephen Sondheim and many others.  Known for her di=
verse and compelling stylings of the classics, Shannon has dazzled audiences=
 all across America, from Los Angeles to New York and everywhere in between.=
  As a follow-up to her 2003 Alma Cabaret appearance in <I>Jazzed About=
 the Movies</I>, this journey down the Great White Way is sure to leave audi=
ence members <I>Jazzed about Broadway</I>.  <BR>
<BR>
Upcoming Alma Cabaret performances will include =B3Celebrating Duke Ellington=
=B2 featuring the John Richmond Swingtet (June 23), Kassaba (June 24), Cynthia=
 O=B9Connell & Friends (June 30), and Meshugeneh Mambo (July 1).  All=
 Cabaret performances are held in Cain Park=B9s Alma Theater and begin promptl=
y at 7:30 p.m.<BR>
<BR>
Advance tickets for Alma Cabaret performances are $14.  Day-of-show-ti=
ckets are $16.  The Alma Cabaret series is supported by The A. M. McGre=
gor Home.  <BR>
<BR>
Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket Offi=
ce, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995 (please=
 include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and signature)=
.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also availabl=
e at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone 216.241.5555 or =
330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.<BR>
<BR>
Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular Wirele=
ss, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda/Toyota in Cleveland H=
eights.  <BR>
<BR>
Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the=
 nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of Cleve=
land Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between Lee a=
nd South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free a=
nd located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about=
 all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
<BR>
###<BR>
<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or JEN TROLI=
O, Public Relations Assistant, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail ksenia at clvhts.com.<=

<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3168352895_1875902_MIME_Part--