[NEohioPAL]Second Art Gallery show opens July 14

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Wed Jun 23 16:06:16 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3170862377_1181109_MIME_Part

 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 23, 2004

CAIN PARK ART GALLERY PRESENTS
=B3ACUTE AWARENESS=B2
JULY 4-AUGUST15

    CLEVELAND HEIGHTS- =B3Acute Awareness=B2 showcases the diverse and powerful
art of Phillip S. Hanson, Lynn O=B9Brien, and Diane T. Pinchot.  The work of
these artists will be shown at Cain Park=B9s Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art
Gallery. This exhibition opens on July 14, and ends August 15.  The
exhibition opening reception will be July 16, at 6 p.m. with refreshments
provided by Stone Oven Bakery and Cafe, Tommy=B9s, and A=B9Bella Gallery.  In
addition, Phillip S. Hanson will be giving a Gallery Talk on July 30, at
6:30 p.m.
   The paintings of Phillip S. Hanson explore the traditional spatial
relationships between convex and concave shapes and between ground and
figure. This exploration results in paintings that are unconventional and
mesmerizing.  Hanson=B9s work has been exhibited across the Midwest, China,
and the United Kingdom.
   Lynn O=B9Brien is a current resident of Cleveland Heights.  Her work
consists of narrative images created from layers of collaged papers, both
found and made, combined with acrylic paint.  Her studio is filled with an
assortment of items from old books to found ticket stubs. O=B9Brien=B9s work
encompasses objects, images, memories, and experiences that become triggers
for ideas which develop through a process of subtraction and addition.  All
of these aspects come together in unlikely ways with painted imagery to
create new connections and stories.
   The ceramics and sculpture of Ursuline Sister Diane T. Pinchot parallels
her movements as a social activist and her deep faith.  Inspired to move
into action by the violence in Latin America, she feels an urgency to make
art and to express some of the passion she feels around issues of justice.
Pinchot gives her art a simple straightforward shape and a sacred form.
   The Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery is located in Cain Park=B9s Alm=
Courtyard, which is closest to the Lee Road entrance.  It is open during al=
day, evening and weekend events at Cain Park, except during Kidzart events.
Admission is FREE and all artwork is for sale.
    Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda/Toyota in
Cleveland Heights.=20
   Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of
the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information on =B3Acut=
Awareness=B2 and all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.
###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY
HOLMES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000

  =20
  =20
   =20

--MS_Mac_OE_3170862377_1181109_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Second Art Gallery show opens July 14</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"> <B>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H3>JUNE 23, 2004<BR>
<BR>
CAIN PARK ART GALLERY PRESENTS<BR>
=B3ACUTE AWARENESS=B2<BR>
JULY 4-AUGUST15<BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>    </B>CLEVELAND HEIGHTS- =B3<B>Acute =
Awareness=B2 </B>showcases the diverse and powerful art of <B>Phillip S. Hanso=
n</B>,<B> Lynn O=B9Brien</B>,<B> </B>and<B> Diane T. Pinchot.  </B>The wo=
rk of these artists will be shown at Cain Park=B9s Audrey and Harvey Feinberg =
Art Gallery. This exhibition opens on <B>July 14, </B>and ends<B> August 15.=
  </B>The exhibition opening reception will be <B>July 16, at 6 p.m. </=
B>with<B> </B>refreshments provided by Stone Oven Bakery and Cafe, Tommy=B9s, =
and A=B9Bella Gallery<B>. </B> In addition, <B>Phillip S. Hanson</B> will be g=
iving a Gallery Talk on <B>July 30, at 6:30 p.m.<BR>
    </B>The paintings of <B>Phillip S. Hanson</B> explore th=
e traditional spatial relationships between convex and concave shapes and be=
tween ground and figure. This exploration results in paintings that are unco=
nventional and mesmerizing.  Hanson=B9s work has been exhibited across th=
e Midwest, China, and the United Kingdom. <BR>
    <B>Lynn O=B9Brien</B> is a current resident of Cleveland H=
eights.  Her work consists of narrative images created from layers of c=
ollaged papers, both found and made, combined with acrylic paint.  Her =
studio is filled with an assortment of items from old books to found ticket =
stubs. O=B9Brien=B9s work encompasses objects, images, memories, and experiences=
 that become triggers for ideas which develop through a process of subtracti=
on and addition.  All of these aspects come together in unlikely ways w=
ith painted imagery to create new connections and stories.<BR>
    The ceramics and sculpture of Ursuline Sister <B>Diane T=
. Pinchot </B>parallels her movements as a social activist and her deep fait=
h.  Inspired to move into action by the violence in Latin America, she =
feels an urgency to make art and to express some of the passion she feels ar=
ound issues of justice.  Pinchot<B> </B>gives her art a simple straight=
forward shape and a sacred form.<BR>
    The Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery is located in=
 Cain Park=B9s Alma Courtyard, which is closest to the Lee Road entrance. &nbs=
p;It is open during all day, evening and weekend events at Cain Park, except=
 during Kidzart events.  Admission is FREE and all artwork is for sale.=
 <BR>
<B>    </B>Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGre=
gor Home, Cingular Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Ho=
nda/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.  <BR>
    Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts =
park and one of the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced b=
y the City of Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior=
 Road between Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park pr=
oductions is free and located on the surrounding side streets.  For mor=
e information on =B3<B>Acute Awareness=B2</B> and all Cain Park events, please v=
isit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY HOL=
MES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
</FONT><H3>    <BR>
</H3></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

From: Leigh Peterson" <lovetolaugh at earthlink.net (Leigh Peterson)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:06:58 -0400
Subject: [NEohioPAL]WKYC's In the Spotligh votes

Hello list members,

I saw the post a couple days ago asking you all to vote for a certain
someone on WKYC's In The Spotlight contest. Hopefully, if you went to
the site to vote, you watched the video and chose your favorite that
way. And since she wasn't mentioned in the post, I'd like to barter for
votes for Tiffany Marchak. Tiffany was on American Idol (with Ruben and
Clay) and currently sings every weekend at Cleveland's beautiful
Pickwick & Frolic in "Cabaret Rock" and "Divas of Rock."

Votes are only being taken through today (Thursday), so help out these
young stars (especially Tiffany)! Winners are based on YOUR votes, not
the judges'!

Vote here (and watch video from week 3):
http://wkyc.com/studio3/inthespotlight/

Check out Divas of Rock at Pickwick & Frolic here:
http://www.pickwickandfrolic.com/cab_sing.htm