[NEohioPAL]Note from Brian Zoldessy

Vicki Zoldessy VZoldessy at wowway.com
Mon Jul 5 12:54:25 PDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C462A8.587F9300

My dear friends and colleagues,

Well, I've been out of the hospital for about two months, quietly =
recovering at the Shaker house and I'm doing fairly well.  Progress is =
slow but steady and we've seen improvement in many areas: I've gained =
back about 25 pounds (more to go!), I've driven my car, I've gone =
shopping and I've even gone to my office!  All these activities probably =
sound fairly simple, but after four months in the hospital and two month =
recovery, they have become very big and exciting steps.  I still have =
some bad days but they are being outnumbered by good ones and my plans =
are to get back to work in the fall..  I won't be able to do anything at =
night for a while but I look forward to the time I can once again =
perform and direct and work with all of you again.  I miss you all =
terribly and can't wait to visit.  I will be starting to coach again and =
I'm starting to do so, on a limited basis.  Working one on one is such a =
joy for me and I'm very anxious to resuming this work.

I want to thank you all for all the wonderful cards, letters gifts, =
plants, video tapes, etc...  Your love and support ready helped me get =
through some very rough times and I will never forget each and every one =
of them.  I also want to thank you for respecting my wishes about =
hospital visitations. There is a side of me that is very private and I =
thought it would be best to get through this thing in my own private =
way.  Besides, without being too dramatic , this illness has taken its =
toll on me.  Most of the time I was so sick that I couldn't possibly =
have any visitors......I was either high as a kite from all the drugs, =
full of fever, in terrible pain, or vomiting my brains out.  Sometimes I =
couldn't lift my head off of the pillow, nor clearly see the person =
standing in front of me.  I also looked horrible, skinny and =
malnourished, with all of these tubes attached to my body....some sight =
to see, and I didn't want anyone to see me like that.

When I entered the emergency room on December 27th I was in very bad =
shape.  All of my systems were shutting down and I was hours away from =
expiring.  I didn't know this at the time, but now that I have survived =
this illness and continue to battle all of the residual aches and pains =
I do have one thing to say about all of this.  No great insights about =
mortality, no major changes regarding the philosophy of life, no =
sighting of angels and when things were really bad, no bright light at =
the end of the tunnel.=20
We just need to covert our time.  It sounds like a clich=E9 but it goes =
by so very fast and there isn't anyway of getting it back.  Missing a =
July 4th cookout, walking down an east coast beach with my family or =
even watching a ball game at the Lizard has reminded me about what is =
truly good about life and I ache to get back it. =20

Well, probably too long of a message for the Neohiopal list, but thank =
you Fred for posting this and thanks to all of you all for taking the =
time to read it!

See you and speak with you soon!

Love and kisses,

bz
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C462A8.587F9300

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My dear friends and colleagues,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Well, I've been out of the hospital for about two =
months,=20
quietly recovering at the Shaker house and I'm doing fairly well.  =
Progress=20
is slow but steady and we've seen improvement in many areas: I've gained =
back=20
about 25 pounds (more to go!), I've driven my car, I've gone shopping =
and I've=20
even gone to my office!  All these activities probably =
sound=20
fairly simple, but after four months in the hospital and two month =
recovery,=20
they have become very big and exciting steps.  I still have some =
bad days=20
but they are being outnumbered by good ones and my plans are to get =
back to=20
work in the fall..  I won't be able to do anything at night for a =
while but=20
I look forward to the time I can once again perform and direct and work =
with all=20
of you again.  I miss you all terribly and can't wait to =
visit.  I=20
will be starting to coach again and I'm starting to do so, on a limited=20
basis.  Working one on one is such a joy for me and I'm very =
anxious=20
to resuming this work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I want to thank you all for all the wonderful cards, =
letters=20
gifts, plants, video tapes, etc...  Your love and support =
ready=20
helped me get through some very rough times and I will never forget each =
and=20
every one of them.  I also want to thank you for respecting =
my wishes=20
about hospital visitations. There is a side of me that is very =
private=20
and I thought it would be best to get through this thing in my own =
private=20
way.  Besides, without being too dramatic , this illness has taken =
its toll=20
on me.  Most of the time I was so sick that I couldn't =
possibly have=20
any visitors......I was either high as a kite from all the drugs, full =
of fever,=20
in terrible pain, or vomiting my brains out.  Sometimes I couldn't =
lift my=20
head off of the pillow, nor clearly see the person standing in front of=20
me.  I also looked horrible, skinny and malnourished, with all =
of=20
these tubes attached to my body....some sight to see, and I didn't want =
anyone=20
to see me like that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>When I entered the emergency room on December 27th I =
was in=20
very bad shape.  All of my systems were shutting down and I was =
hours away=20
from expiring.  I didn't know this at the time, but now that I have =

survived this illness and continue to battle all of the residual aches =
and pains=20
I do have one thing to say about all of this.  No great=20
insights about mortality, no major changes regarding the =
philosophy of=20
life, no sighting of angels and when things were really bad, no bright =
light at=20
the end of the tunnel. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We just need to covert our time.  It sounds =
like a clich=E9=20
but it goes by so very fast and there isn't anyway of getting it =
back. =20
Missing a July 4th cookout, walking down an east coast beach with my=20
family or even watching a ball game at the Lizard has reminded=20
me about what is truly good about life and I ache to get back=20
it.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Well, probably too long of a message for the =
Neohiopal=20
list, but thank you Fred for posting this and thanks to all of you =
all for=20
taking the time to read it!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>See you and speak with you soon!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Love and kisses,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT =
size=3D2>bz     </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C462A8.587F9300--