[NEohioPAL]ATTN: Neohiopal posters ! Policy reviewed on GRAPHICS & ATTACHMENTS

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 04:24:46 PDT 2004

-------------------------------1090409086

Hi Everyone !

Sorry for the large posting today that had a  graphic large enough to that it
actually forced the software to send a digest  version just for it.

I want clarify again the policy on attachments and  graphics.

Attachments and graphics are not permitted in NEohioPAL  postings.

I review all postings and reject the postings with attachments  and graphics.
When I reject them I always send instructions how to post  (reprinted below)
and ask the poster to resubmit with corrections. I have been  able to screen
out over 95% of the postings with graphics.

The reason  some postings are approved with graphics is by accident. The
system only shows  me a 'request for posting' in html form and only a partial
section of the body  of the e-mail. Sometimes I simply can't tell there is an
attachment or  graphics.  An unfortunate flaw in the system, but I'll continue to
do my  best to make posters stick to the  policies.

Regards,

Fred  Sternfeld

PS --  Here is a re-print of what I send to people when I  reject a  posting

Here  are complete instructions how to post. Please read them, adjust your
posting and  then resubmit...

message to this e-mail address: _NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com_
(mailto:NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com)

2)   Don't send a private message to me in the body of the posting as
everything that  you send will get posted to the list. The "mailman" system does not
allow me to  edit your message or your subject line.  The mere act of sending
your  message to the above address will tell me you want to post it to the
list.

3)  The subscribers of NEohioPAL receive around 70-125  postings per week.
Because of this they are very selective about which postings  they actually open
and read and which they delete.  From the feedback I've  gotten, messages
must have very specific information in the subject line to have  a reasonable
chance of actually being open and read. At the minimum, the subject  line should
contain the producing organization and event. Here are some examples  of good
subject lines

1/2 price tickets to neohiopal - Cuyahoga  Players present Sondheim's
"Pacific Overtures"
Auditions for "Medea" at Lake  Erie Theatre
Euclid Theatre spring drama classes for ages 7-14
Plain  Dealer Review of Bay Village Player's "The Crucible"

Also, if you are a  private citizen expressing an opinion about a production
you should prefix your  subject line with "Personal Review of" or "Personal
Opinion of"  If you are  a professional critic (paid by the media to review) you
should prefix your  reviews with "Review of"

4)  Put your message in plain text or html  in the body of the e-mail. Basic
formatting is okay (fonts, point size, color,  centering, etc.)

5)  NO ATTACHMENTS AND NO GRAPHICS!!!  Some  people have their mailboxes set
to not accept attachments and I am wary of  accidentally forwarding a virus.
Also, the subscribers do not want their  mailboxes stuffed with large files.
If you want to have people view  pictures and graphics then include a link to a
website.

6)   Carefully edit and spell-check your message.

7)  Give ALL the basics: Who, What, When, Where and  Contact information.

8)  If people reply to your message, it will go  directly back to you. The
e-mail address you originate it from will appear in  the reply-to field in the
header.

For more information about the list and  "Frequently Asked Questions" you can
visit my website:  _http://www.fredsternfeld.com_
(http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)

-------------------------------1090409086

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV><STRONG>Hi Everyone !<BR><BR>Sorry for the large posting today that had=
 a=20
graphic large enough to that it actually forced the software to send a diges=
t=20
version just for it.<BR><BR>I want clarify again the policy on attachments a=
nd=20
graphics.<BR><BR>Attachments and graphics are not permitted in NEohioPAL=20
postings.<BR><BR>I review all postings and reject the postings with attachme=
nts=20
and graphics. When I reject them I always send instructions how to post=20
(reprinted below) and ask the poster to resubmit with corrections. I have be=
en=20
able to screen out over 95% of the postings with graphics.<BR><BR>The reason=
=20
some postings are approved with graphics is by accident. The system only sho=
ws=20
me a 'request for posting' in html form and only a partial section of the bo=
dy=20
of the e-mail. Sometimes I simply can't tell there is an attachment or=20
graphics.  An unfortunate flaw in the system, but I'll continue to do m=
y=20
best to make posters stick to the  policies.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Fre=
d=20
Sternfeld<BR><BR>PS --  Here is a re-print of what I send to people whe=
n I=20
reject a=20
posting<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------=
-----------<BR><BR><BR>Here=20
are complete instructions how to post. Please read them, adjust your posting=
 and=20
then resubmit...<BR><BR>1)   To post a message to the NE Ohio=20
Performing Arts list, please send your message to this e-mail address:=20
</STRONG><A=20
href=3D"mailto:NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com"><STRONG>NEohioPAL at lists.fr=
edsternfeld.com</STRONG></A><BR><BR><STRONG>2) =20
Don't send a private message to me in the body of the posting as everything=20=
that=20
you send will get posted to the list. The "mailman" system does not allow me=
 to=20
edit your message or your subject line.  The mere act of sending your=20
message to the above address will tell me you want to post it to the=20
list.<BR><BR>3)  The subscribers of NEohioPAL receive around 70-125=20
postings per week. Because of this they are very selective about which posti=
ngs=20
they actually open and read and which they delete.  From the feedback I=
've=20
gotten, messages must have very specific information in the subject line to=20=
have=20
a reasonable chance of actually being open and read. At the minimum, the sub=
ject=20
line should contain the producing organization and event. Here are some exam=
ples=20
of good subject lines<BR><BR>1/2 price tickets to neohiopal - Cuyahoga=20
Players present Sondheim's "Pacific Overtures"<BR>Auditions for "Medea" at L=
ake=20
Erie Theatre<BR>Euclid Theatre spring drama classes for ages 7-14<BR>Plain=20
Dealer Review of Bay Village Player's "The Crucible"<BR><BR>Also, if you are=
 a=20
private citizen expressing an opinion about a production you should prefix y=
our=20
subject line with "Personal Review of" or "Personal Opinion of"  If you=
 are=20
a professional critic (paid by the media to review) you should prefix y=
our=20
reviews with "Review of"<BR><BR>4)  Put your message in plain text or h=
tml=20
in the body of the e-mail. Basic formatting is okay (fonts, point size, colo=
r,=20
centering, etc.) <BR><BR>5)  NO ATTACHMENTS AND NO GRAPHICS!!!  So=
me=20
people have their mailboxes set to not accept attachments and I am wary of=20
accidentally forwarding a virus. Also, the subscribers do not want their=20
mailboxes stuffed with large files.  If you want to have people vi=
ew=20
pictures and graphics then include a link to a website. <BR><BR>6) =20
Carefully edit and spell-check your message.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>7)  Give ALL the basics: Who, What, When, Where and=20
Contact information.<BR><BR>8)  If people reply to your message, it wil=
l go=20
directly back to you. The e-mail address you originate it from will appear i=
n=20
the reply-to field in the header.<BR><BR>For more information about the list=
 and=20
"Frequently Asked Questions" you can visit my website:  </STRONG><A=20
href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/"><STRONG>http://www.fredsternfeld.com<=
/STRONG></A>=20
<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>