[NEohioPAL]PROGRAMING CHANGE ANOUNCED AT THE ROSE

Richard Boothroyd rboothie at zoominternet.net
Thu Jul 22 03:44:06 PDT 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE...

Medina. Ohio

PROGRAMMING CHANGE ANNOUNCED AT THE ROSE IN MEDINA.  MUSICIANS OPEN MIC TO
COMMENCE  ON TUESDAYS BEGINNING JULY 27 8PM.

Richard Boothroyd, operator of THE ROSE THEATER  announced today that
beginning on Tuesday July 27, THE ROSE in Medina will open its stage to
musicians of all ages and styles for what is intended to become a weekly jam
session at the Medina venue.

"We are setting this up along the lines of our comedy open mic sessions held
for the first 1/2 hour in advance of our comedy shows" said Boothroyd. "10
minutes or so of performance time per musician for the first go through and
more time during subsequent stage appearances and/or when other musicians
join in. There are so many musicians in this and surrounding communities who
perform everything from Folk and Country to marching band and jazz that we
can not only have fun playing together and provide for some inexpensive
entertainment, but if we are really fortunate the networking will result is
some amazing collaborations.

"I am bringing in some amplification equipment and MEDINA MUSIC, the
program's sponsor, will be providing some backline as well so that we can
make this truly plug and play. In the long haul I would like to have a
permanent keyboard and drum kit in place."

"We really are excited about being able to provide this opportunity after
all. the late Ray Charles and Jerry Garcia as well as Bob Dylan, Joni
Mitchell, and hundreds of others got their start performing in open mic or
similar settings. with a little luck we may be able to nurture a whole slew
of performing artists."

THE ROSE Theater is located at 139 W. Liberty in Medina 330-722-4448
www.therosetheater.com