[NEohioPAL]indie video group celebrates 15 years in biz August 6

Christopher kaimei at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 19:38:53 PDT 2004

Are you an artist in, or supporter of independent moving media arts in
Northeast Ohio?  Does an inordinate proportion of the independent film
community feel like a junior high school yearbook committee?  Do most of
the venues for independent film and video makers feel like Star Trek
conventions?  (Set your phasers to stun Trekkies, I meant no offense.)
Are you looking for forward momentum in a community that seems to keep
throwing mediocrity laterals?  Do you like progressive music?

Come and celebrate 15 years of creativity and growth with us, and share
in the unveiling of a new entertainment wing of Video Verite'
Productions focused solely on features, exhibition and distribution.
(VVP will continue to focus on corporate and educational videos.)

who:    film and video makers, performers, people who contribute talent
or support to independent production

what:    lounge party/networking opportunity, 15 year anniversary of
VVP, unveiling of new production entity, progressive trance/afterhours
electronica spun by Kaimei (yours truly (it's my birthday, so they're
letting me get away with alot)) with lounge and indie rock spun by
Christopher Horn, admission is free, cash bar (very inexpensive drinks)

when:    Friday, August 6, 2004  from 7:00 PM to 2:00 AM

where:    the lounge side of Park Place Pub, 1507 Aster Ave.  Akron,
44301

why:    Because it's about that time.

Christopher K. Young