[NEohioPAL]An Amazing thing we experienced at our Teen Rock Off at THE ROSE in Medina

Richard Boothroyd rboothie at zoominternet.net
Wed Aug 4 21:14:53 PDT 2004

AS many of you know by now, THE ROSE www.therosetheater.com presents a wide
variety of live music, comedy and performance events deliberately scheduled
to provide "something for everyone" in both our local and broader
communities. This evening, we continued into round 2 of our KING OF THE
MOUNTAIN Teen Band Rock Off which involved DRYWATER from Strongsville and
CIDICA from Medina.

First of all, the bands are quite different in style as well as original
content with CIDICA delivering much original material as well as covers and
DRYWATER performing a diverse set of cover material.

The bottom line is that the audience voted at the end of the show which I
structured in a 1221 format that made the audience stick around to really
listen to both groups. DRYWATER won by a very slim margin however upon being
awarded the "victory", in a very gracious gesture gave their "crown" to
CIDICA in order to spend the rest of the summer preparing for college.

Now, Am I nuts or isn't  this really what we who are parents of young
artists supposed to be teaching our children and communities?

Kudos to the kids from DRYWATER and their friends and parents and equal
kudos to the kids from CIDICA who deserved to advance.