[NEohioPAL]Linda Eisenstein's Fall Plugmobile

Linda Eisenstein herone at en.com
Fri Aug 27 10:11:19 PDT 2004

Yes, it's plugmobile time.  Folks in the DC, Cleveland, and New York City
areas, mark your calendars for the following events.  I'd love to see you
there:

Sept. 4, 6 pm  Washington DC

We're doing a 50-minute highlights excerpt from our musical Becoming George
at the Page to Stage Festival of New Works at the Kennedy Center.  It's the
Festival opener, Saturday Sept. 4, 6 p.m., on the Millennium Stage. It will
be broadcast live over the Internet, www.kennedy-center.org -- click on
Millennium Stage.  It's being sponsored by MetroStage (Alexandria, VA).
Music by Linda Eisenstein, book and lyrics by Doug Frew and Patti McKenny.
Come see us. Free -- no tickets, no reservations. The short-version synopsis:

Paris, 1870. George Sand: cross-dressing radical grandmother with a new
play that offends the Empire. Sarah Bernhardt: ruthless young actress.
Dumas the Younger: aristocratic satirist. Add war, revolution, a mysterious
Prince keeping track of the Loyalty Act, and a lot of agendas. Who wins,
who loves, who's under a death threat, and who stole the rewrite of
George's Faust? Becoming George is a new take on George Sand's life as a
model of humor, hope and healing in days of terror, war and world change.

We had a fantastic experience at the spring Chicago ASCAP/Disney Workshop,
with terrifically useful feedback from panelists including Artistic
Director Stephen Schwartz and Chicago Workshop Director Craig
Carnelia.  This is a rewrite that reflects all that work. And we're
thrilled to be singing about the virtues of dissent and the Loyalty Act in
DC in an election year as important as this one.

Sept. 18  Cleveland, OH

I have a new monologue being premiered in Cleveland Public Theatre's
Dante-themed opening benefit, Pandemonium II: A Helluva Party.  The piece
-- Disco Inferno: 90201 -- brings us to Hell's anteroom, in a screening
interview with one of its intake bureaucrats.

Oct. 19-Nov. 23  NY, NY

I'm delighted that TOSOS II will be presenting Eisenstein's Monster --  a
bill of my one-acts and monologues in New York City this fall. It'll be
performing on 6 Tuesday nights - Oct. 19-Nov. 23 - at the Duplex Cabaret in
the Village. The plays include:
-       ZOMBIE GRRLZ, directed by Rebecca Longworth.  A Goth chick falls
for one of the living dead.
-       F2F, directed by Rebecca Longworth. The first face-to-face meeting
with an Internet pal brings an unexpected burst of desire.
-       A RUSTLE OF WINGS, directed by Mark Finley.  A smoky lesbian bar; a
mysterious noir angel. Can those be real wings on her black leather jacket?
-       ACME TEMPORARY SERVICES, directed by Mark Finley.  You'll love your
temp job at this artist-friendly agency, where the motto is "Ack Me If I
Care".
-       GENTRIFICATION, directed by Mark Finley.  Noisy neighbors &
meddling relatives:  can Mo & Karin find happiness in their new urban
fixer-upper?
-       THAT WAS NO LADY FROM THE SEA, directed by Rebecca Longworth.  Lust
and longing on the fjords: an Ibsen parody.

Publication & CD release news:  F2F was just published in Heinemann's
newest anthology, New Monologues for Women by Women, edited by Tori
Haring-Smith & Liz Engelman.  And the new original cast recording CD of
Discordia, from its Cleveland Public Theatre premiere, is now available
from Herone Press.

As always, if you're interested in reading any of the above, drop me an
email.

Best,
Linda Eisenstein
--