[NEohioPAL]SWEENEY TODD auditions for high school students at Stagecrafters

Bradley Wyner bwyner at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 30 10:17:06 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3176716626_335640_MIME_Part

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Stagecrafters announces auditions for our Teen Musical:

Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Book by Hugh Wheeler            Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Based on a version of Sweeney Todd by Christopher Bond

Produced by Wendy Scott Koeth
Directed by Jamie Koeth
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner

Auditions will be held
Saturday, September 11 at 5:00 PM
at the Pepper Pike Learning Center
32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike

Any student in grades 8-12 is eligible to audition.

Please prepare a song cutting under 1 minute.  Accompanist provided.

Sweeney Todd will perform December 9-12 in the Orange High School
Auditorium.  Rehearsals will generally be 2-4 evenings a week.  All
rehearsals and performances will take place on the campus of the Orange
Schools.

For more information, or to schedule an alternate audition time, please cal=
(216) 831-8601 extension 5103, or email Stagecrafters at orange.k12.oh.us.

Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Education and Recreation.
www.orangerec.com

from MTIshows.com:
The rare instance of a musical thriller, Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler=B9=
chilling, suspenseful, heart-pounding masterpiece of murderous barber-ism
and culinary crime tells the infamous tale of the unjustly exiled barber wh=
returns to 19th century London seeking revenge against the judge who framed
him. His thirst for blood soon expands to include his unfortunate customers=
,
and the resourceful proprietress of the pie shop downstairs soon has the
people of London lining up in droves with her mysterious new meat pie
recipe!

Sophisticated, macabre, visceral and uncompromising, Sweeney Todd
nevertheless has a great sense of fun, mixing intense drama with howlingly
funny moments of dark humor.

--MS_Mac_OE_3176716626_335640_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>SWEENEY TODD auditions for high school students at Stagecrafters</TI=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:<BR>
<BR>
Stagecrafters announces auditions for our Teen Musical:<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"0"><FONT FACE=3D"Klang MT">Sweeney Todd<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Klang MT"><FONT SIZE=3D"5">The Demon Barber of Flee=
t Street<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">Book by Hugh Wheeler   &n=
bsp;        Music and Lyrics by Step=
hen Sondheim<BR>
Based on a version of Sweeney Todd by Christopher Bond<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">Produced by Wendy Scott Koeth<BR>
Directed by Jamie Koeth<BR>
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Skia"><H2>Auditions will be held <BR>
Saturday, September 11 at 5:00 PM <BR>
at the Pepper Pike Learning Center<BR>
32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike<BR>
</H2></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">Any student in grades 8-12 is eligi=
ble to audition.<BR>
<BR>
Please prepare a song cutting under 1 minute.  Accompanist provided.<B=

</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Skia"><I>Sweeney Todd</I> will perform December 9-12 in =
the Orange High School Auditorium.  Rehearsals will generally be 2-4 ev=
enings a week.  All rehearsals and performances will take place on the =
campus of the Orange Schools.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">For more information, or to schedule an alternate =
audition time, please call (216) 831-8601 extension 5103, or email Stagecraf=
ters at orange.k12.oh.us.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Skia">Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Edu=
cation and Recreation.<BR>
www.orangerec.com<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Klang MT">from MTIshows.com:<BR>
The rare instance of a musical thriller, Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler=B9=
s chilling, suspenseful, heart-pounding masterpiece of murderous barber-ism =
and culinary crime tells the infamous tale of the unjustly exiled barber who=
 returns to 19th century London seeking revenge against the judge who framed=
 him. His thirst for blood soon expands to include his unfortunate customers=
, and the resourceful proprietress of the pie shop downstairs soon has the p=
eople of London lining up in droves with her mysterious new meat pie recipe!=
<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Klang MT">Sophisticated, macabre, visceral and uncomprom=
ising, <I>Sweeney Todd</I></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times">  </FONT><FONT FACE=
=3D"Klang MT">nevertheless has a great sense of fun, mixing intense drama with=
 howlingly funny moments of dark humor.</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3176716626_335640_MIME_Part--