[NEohioPAL]Need a soleful song for a short film (cinevid at yahoo.com)

Bill cinevid at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 18:02:01 PDT 2004

--0-1746030944-1094950921=:81203

All musicians, singers, songwriters,

I have a montage scene of happy memories in my short film, "Left for Dead" that I need a soleful song for.

I wrote some lyrics*, but would happily consider a pre-existing work. There's no pay and I would need full sync rights, but a small percentage could be worked out. (Bear in mind short films rarely make money, but may be good exposure)

The scene follows a point in the story where the young girl has awakened in the night thinking her father has died (terminal cancer) and rushes to check on him. He's lucid for a brief moment and mentions fishing tomorrow. The girl goes back to bed and dreams of the whole family at the zoo, on their boat, happy. Then it fades to the following day and she's deep in thought on the steps of the porch.

*Here are the lyrics, but I'm the worst judge of my own work. I need help on this, so if you have any suggestions or sources please email me and thanks.

Time on my Hands

I’ve got time on my hands and no where to go,
Pictures on my wall from places long ago.

The little things it seems are the only things I see,
The light is fading fast; will you remember me?

In dreams of memories it seems I had no care at all,
I laughed and loved and filled my cup, I never thought I’d fall.
But stumbling through these corridors of time and sore regret,
To feel your tears upon my cheek, was a fall I can’t forget.

I’ve got time on my hands and no place to be,
The light is fading fast now, will you remember me?

The film is almost finished and there are some pics on my website. A tremendous thanks to all who helped make this project come to life.

Bill Johns
http://cinevidproductions.com

--0-1746030944-1094950921=:81203

<DIV>
<DIV>All musicians, singers, songwriters, </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I have a montage scene of happy memories in my short film, "Left for Dead" that I need a soleful song for.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I wrote some lyrics*, but would happily consider a pre-existing work. There's no pay and I would need full sync rights, but a small percentage could be worked out. (Bear in mind short films rarely make money, but may be good exposure)</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The scene follows a point in the story where the young girl has awakened in the night thinking her father has died (terminal cancer) and rushes to check on him. He's lucid for a brief moment and mentions fishing tomorrow. The girl goes back to bed and dreams of the whole family at the zoo, on their boat, happy. Then it fades to the following day and she's deep in thought on the steps of the porch.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>*Here are the lyrics, but I'm the worst judge of my own work. I need help on this, so if you have any suggestions or sources please email me and thanks.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Time on my Hands</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I’ve got time on my hands and no where to go,<BR>Pictures on my wall from places long ago.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The little things it seems are the only things I see,<BR>The light is fading fast; will you remember me?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>In dreams of memories it seems I had no care at all,<BR>I laughed and loved and filled my cup, I never thought I’d fall.<BR>But stumbling through these corridors of time and sore regret,<BR>To feel your tears upon my cheek, was a fall I can’t forget.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I’ve got time on my hands and no place to be,<BR>The light is fading fast now, will you remember me?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The film is almost finished and there are some pics on my website. A tremendous thanks to all who helped make this project come to life.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Bill Johns</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://cinevidproductions.com/">http://cinevidproductions.com</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></DIV><p>