[NEohioPAL]An EASY & REAL way to help our troops

TALENTnet1 at aol.com TALENTnet1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 08:11:32 PDT 2004

-------------------------------1095347492

Dear friends:
 My dear friend Emma (A professional musician) and I each delivered our
youngest child within days of each other 30 years ago....My daughter Lisa, and her
son Rudy.  Rudy is a captain in charge of 12 guys in Iraq.  Their conditions
there are brutal.  I received this letter from her yesterday.  If you would
like to help our troops in a very personal and meaningful way....this is it.
Please read this letter and do whatever your heart dictates.....with NO guilt if
you choose to do nothing. You will receive a personal letter of thanks from
these guys for your support.  I'm collecting up until October 1 if you care to
contribute...please bring or mail your
donation to:

Mary Faktor
http://www.faktorstalentnetwork.com/
care of: The UPS Store
118 W. StreetsBoro Road
Hudson, OH 44236

call me at 330-655-2895 or 888-913-3473 with questions.
God Bless

         Dear Mary:
   As you know,  my son, Rudy, is in Iraq (like so many other of our loved
ones).   He is in the Air Force, but has been assigned to Special Forces Army,
just above Bagdad.  First,  I ask you continued prayers for all our troops, as
well as for my son and his unit,  " Truck Company".   Like so many other
mothers, I am collecting various items to help them come home safely and help them
in small ways to stay comfortable.  Being a military family, we are deeply
involved with all that is going on.  With my job as music minister at Camp
Pendleton, CA, I am tasked with many funeral amd memorial services for our Marines.
 It is a very difficult thing to sing/play music at these services while I am
praying to God all the time to spare my own son's life and bring him home
safely.  So I cry with and for the families of these troops.... and then continue
on.
        At present,  I am asking for pillow cases and twin sized sheets --
they don't have to be new -- we all have some spares around -  please put them
in a ziplock bag with a dryer sheet.  This is for the guys to have something
clean to put their heads on when they sleep.  Everything is full of sand and
just to be able to have something clean to lay your head on and put over the
dirty sleeping bag is a tiny comfort.  Remember - they do not have ready access to
showers or laundry facilities - depending on what their current mission is.
The ziplock bag will keep it clean for a while and when it get too dirty, they
will just have to dispose of it if they can't get it washed.   Not all the
troops have a barracks.  My son has a wood frame a few inches off the ground
with a thin foam cushion to put under his sleeping bag.   There are aprox 42
people in his unit, with 12 directly under him.
       The next item is more inmportant than the above.  We got a call from
our son to please send 10 searchlights.  The government "system" for ordering
supplies has told them it will take 4 months to acquire.  So,  of course, the
natural thing is to call dad and mom for help -- "DAD" (a retired Supply-
M/GySgt in the Marine Corps) came thru and we were able get searchlights at a small
discount from a company that supplies CHP helicopters.  These are the huge
spotlights that you see beaming from the sky during police chases!!  My son is
in charge of the trucks that are in transport convoys for supplies to to the
troops and they travel at night.  They need to search lights to sweep the areas
before driving into them,  to check the roads for mines and other explosive
traps set for the big trucks, and of course enemy hiding in ambush.   I cannot
just send one light for my son's truck alone.  My husband and I feel it is a
very small attempt at helping to protect his life and those of his troops. We
are sending 5 lights this week and another 5 next week.  I am asking for any
donations to defray the costs of the searchlights + shipping - about $105.00
each.    The company we ordered the lights from has also not charged us shipping
to my house, since we have to pay the shipping to Iraq, the company cannot ship
directly to Iraq because it it considered an export to a foreign country.  It
will only take 2 weeks to get to the troops.  I thank you with all my heart
for all your support of our troops.

May the Angels always dance with you.
Emmalyne Moreno

-------------------------------1095347492

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f"><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>Dear friends: </FONT>=
</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff> My dear friend Emma=20=
(A professional musician) and I each delivered our youngest child withi=
n days of each other 30 years ago....My daughter Lisa, and her son Rudy.&nbs=
p; Rudy is a captain in charge of 12 guys in Iraq.  Their conditions th=
ere are brutal.  I received this letter from her yesterday.  If yo=
u would like to help our troops in a very personal and meaningful way....thi=
s is it.  Please read this letter and do whatever your heart dicta=
tes.....with NO guilt if you choose to do nothing. You will receive a p=
ersonal letter of thanks from these guys for your support.</FONT></STRO=
NG> <STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff> </FONT></STRONG></FONT><FONT color=
=3D#ff00ff size=3D2><STRONG>I'm collecting up until October 1 if you care to=
 contribute...please bring or mail your </STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D2><STRONG>donation to:</STRONG></FONT></DI=

<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D2></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D2><STRONG>Mary Faktor</STRONG></FONT></DIV=

<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D2><A title=3Dhttp://www.faktorstal=
entnetwork.com/ href=3D"http://www.faktorstalentnetwork.com/">http://www.fak=
torstalentnetwork.com/</A></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>care of: The UPS Store</FONT></S=
TRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>118 W. StreetsBoro Road</FONT></=
STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>Hudson, OH 44236</FONT></STRONG>=
</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>call me at 330-655-2895 or 888-9=
13-3473 with questions.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff00ff size=3D4>God Bless</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT size=3D2></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>        <FONT co=
lor=3D#000000> Dear Mary:</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT color=3D#000000>   As you know,  my=
 son, Rudy, is in Iraq (like so many other of our loved ones).   H=
e is in the Air Force, but has been assigned to Special Forces Army,  j=
ust above Bagdad.  First,  I ask you continued prayers for all our=
 troops, as well as for my son and his unit,  " Truck Company". &n=
bsp; Like so many other mothers, I am collecting various items to help them=20=
come home safely and help them in small ways to stay comfortable.  Bein=
g a military family, we are deeply involved with all that is going on. =
 With my job as music minister at Camp Pendleton, CA, I am tasked with many=20=
funeral amd memorial services for our Marines.  It is a very difficult=20=
thing to sing/play music at these services while I am praying to God all the=
 time to spare my own son's life and bring him home safely.  So I cry w=
ith and for the families of these troops.... and then continue on.<BR> =
       </FONT><STRONG><FONT color=3D#000000>At=
 present,</FONT>  <FONT color=3D#ff0000>I am asking for pillow cases an=
d twin sized sheets -- they don't have to be new -- we all have some spares=20=
around -  please put them in a ziplock bag with a dryer sheet</FONT>.&n=
bsp; <FONT color=3D#000000>This is for the guys to have something clean to p=
ut their heads on when they sleep.  Everything is full of sand and just=
 to be able to have something clean to lay your head on and put over the dir=
ty sleeping bag is a tiny comfort.  Remember - they do not have ready a=
ccess to showers or laundry facilities - depending on what their current mis=
sion is.  The ziplock bag will keep it clean for a while and when it ge=
t too dirty, they will just have to dispose of it if they can't get it washe=
d.   Not all the troops have a barracks.  My son has a wood f=
rame a few inches off the ground with a thin foam cushion to put under his s=
leeping bag.   There are aprox 42 people in his unit, with 12 dire=
ctly under him.   <BR></FONT></STRONG><FONT color=3D#000000> =
     </FONT><STRONG><FONT color=3D#000000> The next=
 item is more inmportant than the above.  We got a call from our son to=
 please send 10 searchlights.  The government "system" for ordering sup=
plies has told them it will take 4 months to acquire.  So,  of cou=
rse, the natural thing is to call dad and mom for help -- "DAD" (a retired S=
upply- M/GySgt in the Marine Corps) came thru and we were able get searchlig=
hts at a small discount from a company that supplies CHP helicopters. =20=
These are the huge spotlights that you see beaming from the sky during polic=
e chases!!  My son is in charge of the trucks that are in transport con=
voys for supplies to to the troops and they travel at night.  They need=
 to search lights to sweep the areas before driving into them,  to chec=
k the roads for mines and other explosive traps set for the big trucks, and=20=
of course enemy hiding in ambush.   I cannot just send one light f=
or my son's truck alone.  My husband and I feel it is a very small atte=
mpt at helping to protect his life and those of his troops.</FONT> <FONT col=
or=3D#ff0000>We are sending 5 lights this week and another 5 next week.&nbsp=
; I am asking for any donations to defray the costs of the searchlights + sh=
ipping - about $105.00 each.</FONT>    <FONT color=3D#000000>=
The company we ordered the lights from has also not charged us shipping to m=
y house, since we have to pay the shipping to Iraq, the company cannot ship=20=
directly to Iraq because it it considered an export to a foreign country.&nb=
sp; It will only take 2 weeks to get to the troops.  I thank you w=
ith all my heart for all your support of our troops.<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>=
<FONT color=3D#000000>May the Angels always dance with you.<BR>Emmalyne More=
no</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></FONT></STRONG></BODY></HTML>