[NEohioPAL]Response to Berko's review of "For Colored Girls...."

Performing Arts performingarts at karamu.com
Tue Oct 5 10:36:40 PDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C4AAE0.585CF5E0

Having read Roy Berko's review if "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered =
Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf", I wonder if maybe he just didn't get =
it.  He states that the material is "dated" because it was written in =
1976.  The material is as relevant now as it has ever been, probably =
even more so.  Do you read the newspapers? Do you listen to the news?  =
And let me tell you, Roy, it's not just a "Black thing", it's a woman =
thing as any woman (of any ethnicity) could tell you.  On to the fact =
that an "amateur" production yields good and bad performances.  Well =
guess what, Roy, it happens in any production, in any theater.  Come on, =
lighten up.  Just allow yourself to admit that you saw a great =
production, and that Karamu is holding it's own in the Cleveland theater =
community.

Eva Withers-Evans
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C4AAE0.585CF5E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Having read Roy Berko's review if "For =
Colored=20
Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf", I wonder if =
maybe=20
he just didn't get it.  He states that the material is "dated" =
because it=20
was written in 1976.  The material is as relevant now as it has =
ever been,=20
probably even more so.  Do you read the newspapers? Do you listen =
to the=20
news?  And let me tell you, Roy, it's not just a "Black thing", =
it's a=20
woman thing as any woman (of any ethnicity) could tell you.  On to =
the fact=20
that an "amateur" production yields good and bad =
performances.  Well=20
guess what, Roy, it happens in any production, in any theater.  =
Come on,=20
lighten up.  Just allow yourself to admit that you saw a great =
production,=20
and that Karamu is holding it's own in the Cleveland theater=20
community.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Eva =
Withers-Evans</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C4AAE0.585CF5E0--