[NEohioPAL]Words & Weirds Opens This Friday, October 29!

convergence-continuum info at convergence-continuum.org
Tue Oct 26 20:38:41 PDT 2004

--B_3181678721_377615

CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM TO OPEN WORDS & WEIRDS: A CONVERGENCE OF TWO ONE-ACTS
THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29 AT THE LIMINIS IN TREMONT

Note: Our opening night performance is sold out.  Seats for the rest of the
run are available and filling up fast.  Reserve your tickets now!

On October 29, Tremont=B9s resident theatre company, convergence-continuum,
will present Words & Weirds: A Convergence of Two One-Acts, the final
production of their raucous 2004 season. The company will present two
one-act plays, Tone Clusters by Joyce Carol Oates, and Whirligig by Mac
Wellman, who wrote convergence-continuum=B9s boisterous 2003 productions of
Cleveland, 7 Blowjobs and Sincerity Forever.

In Tone Clusters, Frank and Emily just want everyone to know the truth abou=
their son. But what is that truth? What determines who we are, or who we
will become? Is it in the circuitry of the human brain? Memory? Random
chance? The all-pervasive Media?  Guest artist Douglas L. Snyder directs
Lucy Bredeson-Smith, Executive Director Brian Breth and Artistic Director
Clyde Simon in this dissection of identity.

In Whirligig, a young girl=B9s bus trip is interrupted by an encounter with a
strange man from another galaxy.  Why does this strange man want to stay on
Earth?  What is the secret of this ornery girl=B9s happiness?  Why does her
persistent sister berate her so?  And where have all the buses gone?
Artistic Director Clyde Simon directs the ensemble cast which includes Amy
Bistok, Sean Booker, Lisa Bradley, Executive Director Brian Breth, Sheila
O=B9Toole and Jessica Rubin as they discover more weirdness than answers in
this jaunt into rivalry, trickery and song.

Words & Weirds opens Friday, October 29 and runs Thursdays, Fridays, and
Saturdays through November 20 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd. in
Cleveland's historic Tremont neighborhood.  Our Friday, October 29
performance is sold out.  All performances of Words & Weirds begin at 8 pm.
Tickets are $12 for general admission and $9 for students and seniors.
Seating for this production is limited. For information and reservations,
call 216-687-0074 or visit us on the web at
http://www.convergence-continuum.org.

--B_3181678721_377615

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Words & Weirds Opens This Friday, October 29!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><B>CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM TO OPEN <I>WORDS & WEIRDS=
: A CONVERGENCE OF TWO ONE-ACTS </I>THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29 AT THE LIMINIS I=
N TREMONT<BR>
<BR>
Note: Our opening night performance is sold out.  Seats for the rest o=
f the run are available and filling up fast.  Reserve your tickets now!=
<BR>
</B><BR>
On October 29, Tremont’s resident theatre company, convergence-contin=
uum, will present <I>Words & Weirds: A Convergence of Two One-Acts</I>, =
the final production of their raucous 2004 season. The company will present =
two one-act plays, <I>Tone Clusters</I> by Joyce Carol Oates, and <I>Whirlig=
ig</I> by Mac Wellman, who wrote convergence-continuum’s boisterous 20=
03 productions of <I>Cleveland, 7 Blowjobs</I> and <I>Sincerity Forever</I>.=
<BR>
<BR>
In <I>Tone Clusters</I>, Frank and Emily just want everyone to know the tru=
th about their son. But what is that truth? What determines who we are, or w=
ho we will become? Is it in the circuitry of the human brain? Memory? Random=
 chance? The all-pervasive Media?  Guest artist Douglas L. Snyder direc=
ts Lucy Bredeson-Smith, Executive Director Brian Breth and Artistic Director=
 Clyde Simon in this dissection of identity.<BR>
<BR>
In <I>Whirligig</I>, a young girl’s bus trip is interrupted by an enc=
ounter with a strange man from another galaxy.  Why does this strange m=
an want to stay on Earth?  What is the secret of this ornery girl&#8217=
;s happiness?  Why does her persistent sister berate her so?  And =
where have all the buses gone?  Artistic Director Clyde Simon directs t=
he ensemble cast which includes Amy Bistok, Sean Booker, Lisa Bradley, Execu=
tive Director Brian Breth, Sheila O’Toole and Jessica Rubin as they di=
scover more weirdness than answers in this jaunt into rivalry, trickery and =
song.  <BR>
<BR>
<I>Words & Weirds</I> opens Friday, October 29 and runs Thursdays, Frid=
ays, and Saturdays through November 20 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd. in =
Cleveland's historic Tremont neighborhood.  <B>Our Friday, October 29 p=
erformance is sold out.  </B>All performances of <I>Words & Weirds =
</I>begin at 8 pm. Tickets are $12 for general admission and $9 for students=
 and seniors.  Seating for this production is limited. For information =
and reservations, call 216-687-0074 or visit us on the web at http://www.con=
vergence-continuum.org.</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>