[NEohioPAL]Lights out

KerrComm at aol.com KerrComm at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 12:10:51 PST 2004

We work in the arts and education arena, so naturally we travel in fairly
liberal circles.  But I have to tell you, we have spoken to so many depressed
people in the last three days (not just artists themselves, but also funders of
artists, collaborators with artists, clients of artists, etc.) that it
certainly gives one pause.  Everyone starts conversations with something like "can you
believe this?  What kind of country is this?  Why are we even bothering?"
    Normally upbeat people have turned sour and listless.  And what amazes me
is how consistent this behavior is.  The full realization that people would
actually vote against their own pocketbooks (I'm sorry, but Bush has hurt most
of the people who voted for him, in one way or another...that's just a FACT!)
but instead respond to themes about God, guns, and gays is a deeply troubling
reality.
    We shall carry on, but the last three days has been like living and
working with the walking dead.  The light has gone out of many pairs of eyes...
T.