[NEohioPAL]Linda Eisenstein's November Plugmobile

Linda Eisenstein herone at en.com
Sun Nov 14 16:22:25 PST 2004

--=====================_192775733==_.ALT

Hi cyberpals:

Some good news to share:

- CLEVELAND: Wild Plum Productions opens a festival of short work at
Cleveland Public Theatre, Nov. 18-28. Two of my plays are included: MARLA'S
DEVOTION, a comedy about a relationship turned upside-down by a Buddhist
meditation practice; and A RUSTLE OF WINGS, a transforming encounter
between a bar patron and a noir angel. These 2 award-winning plays have
been featured in 7 anthologies & journals, and produced in England,
Australia, NY, L. A., Chicago, Buffalo, San Francisco, Portland, Atlanta, &
more -- but this is, believe it or not, their home-town debut. The evening
also includes movement, poetry, and music with works by director Maura
Haas, Miriam Axel-Lute and songs from the transgender musical revue The
Sissy Show (with Katherine Harvey).

It runs Nov. 18-28, Thurs.-Sun. (except Thanksgiving). $10-$15. Thurs at
7:30 pm, Fri-Sat. 8 pm, Sun. 3 pm. Cleveland Public Theatre, 6415 Detroit
Ave. 216-631-2727. More at: http://www.lgcsc.org/wildplum.html

Fair-minded Ohioans had a heartbreaking setback with the passage of Issue
1, an anti-gay rights initiative. But let's take a deep, cleansing breath
and support a new L/G/B/T arts organization in this inclusive celebration
of sexuality, sensuality, and spirituality. Let me know if you're coming,
and look for me there.

- NEW YORK CITY: There are 2 more performances left in the marvelous TOSOS
2 production of EISENSTEIN'S MONSTER, running at the Duplex Cabaret (61
Christopher at 7th Ave.). Tuesday 11/16 and 11/23 at 9:30 pm. Call
212-255-5438, or go to the TOSOS II site -- www.tosos2.org/Monster.htm for
more info. I saw it opening night, and the production deserves the critical
raves it's received. Here's a sample:

"This blissful and often touching program of six very short and very
grown-up plays and monologues about love and desire by Linda Eisenstein is
one of the sweetest and most rewarding evenings of theatre in recent
memory; it's also a casebook on how to write and stage for the theatre with
economy (in terms of time and money) and excellence." (Martin Denton,
NYTheater.com)

- CHICAGO: A section of our George Sand/Sarah Bernhardt musical BECOMING
GEORGE (my music, book/lyrics by Patti McKenny & Doug Frew) was performed
on Nov. 4th at the Chicago Cultural Center on a bill co-sponsored by
Chicago Musical Theatre Works & Chicago Cabaret Professionals. This was an
opportunity to show off a new opening scene, fresh from its presentation by
MetroStage at the Kennedy Center's Page-to-Stage Festival. We're on the
cusp of some exciting news about this show, so stay tuned. If you're
interested in a video clip from the DC reading, go to
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/archive.html, and search
the archives for "Becoming George".

- WASHINGTON, D.C. -- On Dec. 4, I'll be back in the D.C. area, as a
panelist at a Women Playwrights Miniconference sponsored by the
Playwrights' Forum. It's from 10 a.m-1 pm at St. John's Episcopal Church in
Chevy Chase, MD. Contact pforum at erols.com or 301-816-0569 for more info.

- PORTLAND, L.A. -- Some other productions since I last wrote: Two
super-short plays - ARE WE THERE YET? and TASTE IT were performed in a
Festival of One Page Plays by Nailing the Kipper (West Hollywood). The
recent publication of A RUSTLE OF WINGS in the Vintage anthology TAKE TEN
II spawned its inclusion in an evening of one-acts by Portland Performance
Party (OR) on a bill with plays by David Ives & Christopher Durang.

- DISCORDIA, U.S.A: Feeling blue in a supposedly "red" state? Wondering how
the $*@! a militaristic, enrich-the-rich, homophobic agenda has been spun
as "pro-values"? Kick-start your activism & find some laughter amidst your
tears of frustration. Check out DISCORDIA, a satirical musical by James
Levin & me. In this contemporary retelling of the Percival myth, an
innocent young knight searches for the Holy Grail -- a symbol of abundance,
healing, and a higher calling -- in a war-torn kingdom suspiciously like
our own. In his path are a simple-minded ruler obsessed with good and evil,
plutocrat barons behind the throne, knights enforcing homeland security, a
corporate arms wizard with missing weapons of mass destruction, a co-opted
media, consumer-addled peasants -- as well as a few brave souls willing to
ask the central question "Whom Does It Serve?" What better CD to put on
your holiday gift list? :-) ($10 + postage/handling)

As always, for perusal copies of any/all of the above -- just ask.

Cheers,
Linda Eisenstein
--
Linda Eisenstein
plays at lindaeisenstein.com http://www.lindaeisenstein.com

--=====================_192775733==_.ALT

Hi cyberpals:<br><br>
Some good news to share: <br><br>
short work at Cleveland Public Theatre, Nov. 18-28. Two of my plays are
turned upside-down by a Buddhist meditation practice; and <b><i>A RUSTLE
and a noir angel. These 2 award-winning plays have been featured in 7
anthologies & journals, and produced in England, Australia, NY, L.
A., Chicago, Buffalo, San Francisco, Portland, Atlanta, & more -- but
this is, believe it or not, their home-town debut. The evening also
includes movement, poetry, and music with works by director Maura Haas,
Miriam Axel-Lute and songs from the transgender musical revue <i>The
It runs Nov. 18-28, Thurs.-Sun. (except Thanksgiving). $10-$15. Thurs at
7:30 pm, Fri-Sat. 8 pm, Sun. 3 pm. Cleveland Public Theatre, 6415 Detroit
Ave. 216-631-2727. More at:
passage of Issue 1, an anti-gay rights initiative. But let's take a deep,
cleansing breath and support a new L/G/B/T arts organization in this
inclusive celebration of sexuality, sensuality, and spirituality. Let me
know if you're coming, and look for me there.<br><br>
<b>- NEW YORK CITY:</b> There are 2 more performances left in the
MONSTER</i></b>, running at the Duplex Cabaret (61 Christopher at 7th
Ave.). Tuesday 11/16 and 11/23 at 9:30 pm. Call 212-255-5438, or go to
the TOSOS II site --
=3D"#0000FF">www.tosos2.org/Monster.htm</a></font>
for more info. I saw it opening night, and the production deserves the=
 critical raves it's received. Here's a sample:<br><br>
"<font color=3D"#000080"><i>This blissful and often touching program of=
 six very short and very grown-up plays and monologues about love and desire=
 color=3D"#000080"> is one of the sweetest and most rewarding evenings of=
 theatre in recent memory; it's also a casebook on how to write and stage=
 for the theatre with economy (in terms of time and money) and=
 McKenny & Doug Frew) was performed on Nov. 4th at the Chicago Cultural=
 Center on a bill co-sponsored by Chicago Musical Theatre Works &=
 Chicago Cabaret Professionals. This was an opportunity to show off a new=
 opening scene, fresh from its presentation by MetroStage at the Kennedy=
 Center's Page-to-Stage Festival. We're on the cusp of some exciting news=
 about this show, so stay tuned. If you're interested in a video clip from=
 the DC reading, go to <a=
 href=3D"http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/archive.html"=
 eudora=3D"autourl"><font=
 color=3D"#0000FF">http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/archive=
.html</a></font>, and search the archives for "Becoming=
 George".<br><br>
- <b>WASHINGTON, D.C.</b> -- On Dec. 4, I'll be back in the D.C. area, as a=
 panelist at a Women Playwrights Miniconference sponsored by the=
 Playwrights' Forum. It's from 10 a.m-1 pm at St. John's Episcopal Church in=
 Chevy Chase, MD. Contact pforum at erols.com or 301-816-0569 for more=
 info.<br><br>
<b>- PORTLAND, L.A.</b> -- Some other productions since I last wrote: Two=
 </i>were performed in a Festival of One Page Plays by Nailing the Kipper=
 evening of one-acts by Portland Performance Party (OR) on a bill with plays=
 by David Ives & Christopher Durang. <br><br>
- <b>DISCORDIA, U.S.A</b>: Feeling blue in a supposedly "red"=
 state? Wondering how the $*@! a militaristic, enrich-the-rich, homophobic=
 agenda has been spun as "pro-values"? Kick-start your activism=
 & find some laughter amidst your tears of frustration. Check out=
 this contemporary retelling of the Percival myth, an innocent young knight=
 searches for the Holy Grail -- a symbol of abundance, healing, and a higher=
 calling -- in a war-torn kingdom suspiciously like our own. In his path are=
 a simple-minded ruler obsessed with good and evil, plutocrat barons behind=
 the throne, knights enforcing homeland security, a corporate arms wizard=
 with missing weapons of mass destruction, a co-opted media, consumer-addled=
 peasants -- as well as a few brave souls willing to ask the central=
 question "Whom Does It Serve?" What better CD to put on your=
 holiday gift list? :-) ($10 + postage/handling) <br><br>
As always, for perusal copies of any/all of the above -- just ask.<br><br>
Cheers,<br>
Linda Eisenstein<br>
--<br>
Linda Eisenstein <br>