[NEohioPAL]SynthCleveland Presents UnSilent Film 2: "Metropolis"

tofu tofu at apk.net
Wed Dec 1 06:20:04 PST 2004

 We just wanted to give everybody a heads-up on an event we're putting=20

together next week... feel free to x-post.

 the flyer is here:  http://www.synthcleveland.com/unsilent/

 Also, were looking for some Robot Art (painting/sculpture/graphics)

to display (and sell, if you'd like) in the club. Contact me for more=20

details...

-----

 SynthCleveland will present the 1927 Fritz Lang classic silent=20

film "Metropolis," featuring a new live soundtrack on Wednesday,=20

December 8 at 8pm, at Rain Nightclub, 4142 Lorain Avenue in=20

Cleveland.

  This is the second in a series of "UnSilent" films -- silent=20

movies with an improvised live score -- performed by SynthCleveland=20

members the scinema, Dust_Head, Luigi-Bob Drake, Steven K.=20

Smith and tofu. They will be joined on this occasion by guest=20

vocalist Dawn Mitchell.

 http://www.synthcleveland.com/unsilent/

 Spinning the ultra "moderne" tracks before and after the film will=20

be special guest DJ Android from Missile Command.

 Metropolis is _the_ =FCber science fiction film, influencing so many=20

films that one almost forgets that this was the movie that=20

introduced electrical arcs, bubbling beakers, glowing rings of=20

light and other mad scientist props (Bride Of Frankenstein); black=20

gloved hand (Dr. Strangelove); the proto "lone hero" who fights the=20

future (X-Files); and creating robots to look like humans (Blade=20

Runner).=20

 Roger Ebert says: "Lang's film is the summit of German=20

Expressionism, the combination of stylized sets, dramatic camera=20

angles, bold shadows and frankly artificial theatrics."

 Rain Nightclub is located at 4142 Lorain Avenue (216-651-4100).

For directions go to: http://tinyurl.com/5cfyr=20

the scinema | http://www.tech-elements.com/thescinema/

Dust_Head | http://www.dusthead.net/

Steven K. Smith | http://www.skeandhu.net/