[NEohioPAL]Reminder Anti-War Reading Sunday 1pm at Dobama, Final Show of Highway Ulysses

Buddyraymc at aol.com Buddyraymc at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 10:17:09 PST 2004

-------------------------------1102702629

Friends, this Sunday at 1pm is the Antiwar reading I'm  hosting that covers
the history of American Anti-War poetry from first contact  to the Gulf War,
selections from Whitman, Chief Joseph, Mark Twain, ee  cummings, Denise Levertov
etc, preceding the final performance of Highway  Ulysses, a retelling of the
Odyssey--it's really a brilliant show depicting the  life and journey of a
ptsd vet. Here's a chance to see the play for next to  nothing (pay what you
can).
     So come at 1pm for free coffee and pastries  and poetry featuring the
cast of Highway as well as local poets  Katie Daley, Charlene Coates, r. a.
washington, Robert Miltner and Lisa  Vargas. and stay for the final performance at
2:30.
     Also, next Wednesday Night, December 15th at  Shaker Library at 7pm I
will be featured along with Maj Ragain as part of  Barry Zucker's Poetry Not in
the Woods 2004.  I will be performing pieces  from two new books of monologues
as well as poems from America Zen, the just  published anthology of buddhist
poems I co-edited with Larry Smith.
Peace,
Ray

visit the new  website
_www.raymcniece.com_ (http://www.raymcniece.com/)

"a  peaceful man is the first criterion if you want to have a peaceful
universe. You  start with the universe you've got, which is your own being; and if
you're  angry, you can't be angry about peace because all you're creating is
more anger  in the world, rather than more peace. So whatever you're going to
do, you've got  to do it peacefully. In other words, you've got to do it with
peace in your  heart if it has anything to do with  peace."
-Ram Dass

visit the new  website
_www.raymcniece.com_ (http://www.raymcniece.com/)

"a  peaceful man is the first criterion if you want to have a peaceful
universe. You  start with the universe you've got, which is your own being; and if
you're  angry, you can't be angry about peace because all you're creating is
more anger  in the world, rather than more peace. So whatever you're going to
do, you've got  to do it peacefully. In other words, you've got to do it with
peace in your  heart if it has anything to do with  peace."
-Ram Dass

-------------------------------1102702629

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>    Friends, this Sunday at 1pm is the Antiwar reading I=
'm=20
hosting that covers the history of American Anti-War poetry from first conta=
ct=20
to the Gulf War, selections from Whitman, Chief Joseph, Mark Twain, ee=20
cummings, Denise Levertov etc, preceding the final performance of Highw=
ay=20
Ulysses, a retelling of the Odyssey--it's really a brilliant show depicting=20=
the=20
life and journey of a ptsd vet. Here's a chance to see the play for nex=
t to=20
nothing (pay what you can).      </DIV>
<DIV>     So come at 1pm for free coffee and pastri=
es=20
and poetry featuring the cast of Highway as well as local poets=20
Katie Daley, Charlene Coates, r. a. washington, Robert Miltner and Lisa=
=20
Vargas. and stay for the final performance at 2:30. </DIV>
<DIV>     Also, next Wednesday Night, December 15th at=20
Shaker Library at 7pm I will be featured along with Maj Ragain as part=20=
of=20
Barry Zucker's Poetry Not in the Woods 2004.  I will be performing piec=
es=20
from two new books of monologues as well as poems from America Zen, the just=
=20
published anthology of buddhist poems I co-edited with Larry Smith.</DIV>
<DIV>Peace,</DIV>
<DIV>Ray</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=
>visit the new=20
website<BR><A href=3D"http://www.raymcniece.com/">www.raymcniece.com</A><BR>=
<BR>"a=20
peaceful man is the first criterion if you want to have a peaceful universe.=
 You=20
start with the universe you've got, which is your own being; and if you're=20
angry, you can't be angry about peace because all you're creating is more an=
ger=20
in the world, rather than more peace. So whatever you're going to do, you've=
 got=20
to do it peacefully. In other words, you've got to do it with peace in your=20
heart if it has anything to do with=20
peace."<BR>          &nbsp=
;            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;           &nbsp=
;            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;          =20
-Ram Dass</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=
>visit the new=20
website<BR><A href=3D"http://www.raymcniece.com/">www.raymcniece.com</A><BR>=
<BR>"a=20
peaceful man is the first criterion if you want to have a peaceful universe.=
 You=20
start with the universe you've got, which is your own being; and if you're=20
angry, you can't be angry about peace because all you're creating is more an=
ger=20
in the world, rather than more peace. So whatever you're going to do, you've=
 got=20
to do it peacefully. In other words, you've got to do it with peace in your=20
heart if it has anything to do with=20
peace."<BR>          &nbsp=
;            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;           &nbsp=
;            &nb=
sp;            &=
nbsp;          =20
-Ram Dass</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>