[NEohioPAL]Farewell From Bad Epitaph

David Hansen david at badepitaph.org
Wed Dec 15 18:27:41 PST 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3185990861_29124711_MIME_Part

FAREWELL FROM BAD EPITAPH THEATER COMPANY

Thanks to all of our supporters and friends.  For 2004, Bad Epitaph Theater
Company set out to produce a staggering (for us) four original productions.
In their own way, each reflected the work audiences have come to expect fro=
us.

"Gwen Hairy, Gwen Gloss" was a cheeky parody, at once mocking and
celebrating the works of David Mamet, presenting a stylish comedy in an
actual hair-styling salon.  "The American Revolution", our first outdoor
production, burst with spirit, humor, and music, was the Midwest premiere o=
a play rich in verse and worthy of comparisons to Shakespeare.  The solo
performance "I Hate This" went to New York City, where it was lauded by the
New York Times and took an award for excellence.  And "The Tragedy of
Othello, the Moor of Venice", dripping with beautiful costumes and infused
with action, dared to reinterpret one of the Bard=B9s great villains as a
woman, and trail-blazed a new performance space for Cleveland Public
Theater.

As always, each production was crafted with the dedication and passion of
the members of our small company, and the dozens of artists who have aligne=
themselves with us to produce the new and creatively reinterpreted classic
works Cleveland audiences have come to expect from Bad Epitaph.

The outpouring of support and contributions of all varieties from the
Cleveland theater community and our audiences during our five-year history
has touched us, and we have greatly appreciated every gesture, grand and
modest, that has come our way.

We feel we have accomplished what we set out to achieve, and that we have
reached our end.  This group of friends will no longer carry on as Bad
Epitaph.  In the past five years, the core company members of Bad Epitaph
have emerged from the periphery of the Cleveland theater scene and moved
into its mainstream, as award-winning playwrights, Equity actors, acclaimed
costume designers, staff members of universities, sought-after composers,
educators in schools, husbands, wives, and the parents of very small
children.

We do not wish the work of Bad Epitaph to suffer as a result of these new
paths our lives have taken.  And so another chapter in Cleveland theater
history comes to a close.  Thanks to each and every one of you, and please
do not forget our time together.

Sincerely,
Thomas Cullinan
David Hansen
Alison Hernan
Nick Koesters
Brian Pedaci
Gina Verdi

The Bad Epitaph Theater Company archive remains at http://www.badepitaph.or=

--MS_Mac_OE_3185990861_29124711_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Farewell From Bad Epitaph</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>FAREWELL FROM BAD EPITAPH THEATER COMPANY<BR>
</B><BR>
Thanks to all of our supporters and friends.  For 2004, Bad Epitaph Th=
eater Company set out to produce a staggering (for us) four original product=
ions.  In their own way, each reflected the work audiences have come to=
 expect from us.<BR>
<BR>
"Gwen Hairy, Gwen Gloss" was a cheeky parody, at once mocking and=
 celebrating the works of David Mamet, presenting a stylish comedy in an act=
ual hair-styling salon.  "The American Revolution", our first=
 outdoor production, burst with spirit, humor, and music, was the Midwest pr=
emiere of a play rich in verse and worthy of comparisons to Shakespeare. &nb=
sp;The solo performance "I Hate This" went to New York City, where=
 it was lauded by the New York Times and took an award for excellence. &nbsp=
;And "The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice", dripping with b=
eautiful costumes and infused with action, dared to reinterpret one of the B=
ard=B9s great villains as a woman, and trail-blazed a new performance space fo=
r Cleveland Public Theater.<BR>
<BR>
As always, each production was crafted with the dedication and passion of t=
he members of our small company, and the dozens of artists who have aligned =
themselves with us to produce the new and creatively reinterpreted classic w=
orks Cleveland audiences have come to expect from Bad Epitaph.<BR>
<BR>
The outpouring of support and contributions of all varieties from the Cleve=
land theater community and our audiences during our five-year history has to=
uched us, and we have greatly appreciated every gesture, grand and modest, t=
hat has come our way.<BR>
<BR>
We feel we have accomplished what we set out to achieve, and that we have r=
eached our end.  This group of friends will no longer carry on as Bad E=
pitaph.  In the past five years, the core company members of Bad Epitap=
h have emerged from the periphery of the Cleveland theater scene and moved i=
nto its mainstream, as award-winning playwrights, Equity actors, acclaimed c=
ostume designers, staff members of universities, sought-after composers, edu=
cators in schools, husbands, wives, and the parents of very small children.<=

<BR>
We do not wish the work of Bad Epitaph to suffer as a result of these new p=
aths our lives have taken.  And so another chapter in Cleveland theater=
 history comes to a close.  Thanks to each and every one of you, and pl=
ease do not forget our time together.<BR>
<BR>
Sincerely,<BR>
Thomas Cullinan<BR>
David Hansen<BR>
Alison Hernan<BR>
Nick Koesters<BR>
Brian Pedaci<BR>
Gina Verdi<BR>
<BR>
The Bad Epitaph Theater Company archive remains at http://www.badepitaph.or=
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3185990861_29124711_MIME_Part--