[NEohioPAL]Ain't Misbehavin' Cast Information

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Tue Dec 28 01:48:31 PST 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C4EC98.7ACA9F20

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE
Names Cast forAIN'T MISBEHAVIN'
The toe-tappin, Tony Award-winning musical

Weathervane Playhouse announces the cast for AIN'T MISBEHAVIN', the =
soul-shakin', foot-stompin' musical at Weathervane January 12 through =
February 5, 2005.

The setting is a Harlem cabaret of the 1930s where we hear dozens of =
toe-tappin' tunes including Honeysuckle Rose, Squeeze Me and The Joint =
is Jumpin'. Other songs and production numbers that make up the musical =
are I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Two Sleepy =
People, I Can't Give You Anything but Love and It's a Sin to Tell a Lie.

Director/Choreographer: Mart=EDn C=E9spedes directed last season's =
production of My Way, A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. He, most =
recently, directed and choreographed the critically acclaimed Five Guys =
Names Moe and Smokey Joe's Caf=E9 at Beck Center. He last appeared in =
the Broadway tours of Man of La Mancha with Jack Jones and Ron Holgate =
where he completed over 300 consecutive performances in the role of =
Pedro. He was recently featured in Bravo Magazine honoring his =
contribution to the Theater and naming him one of Ohio's up and coming =
Hispanic artists.

Musical Director: Heidi Herczeg holds a master's degree in Music =
Education from Case Western Reserve University and is a graduate of =
Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory. Heidi is a vocal music teacher at =
Bay Middle School and a master teacher in the Metropolitan Opera's =
Creating Original Opera Program. She has also performed with the =
Cleveland Opera Chorus and the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus. Heidi has =
most recently been music director for Beehive at Rocky River Community =
Center, worked this past summer for the Fairmount Arts Camp with Fred =
Sternfeld and was seen in A Sneak Peak at Playhouse Square.

Cast:

Eric B. Turner, M.Ed., M.A., (AKRON) will be seen in the role of "Ken". =
Eric is a part-time academic advisor at The University of Akron where he =
received a Bachelors degree in vocal performance, a Masters degree in =
Music Theory and an Master of Education degree in Higher Education =
Administration. He is currently working on a Ph.D. at the International =
College of Bible Theology in Chicago, IL. He serves as a staff pastor at =
the United Baptist Church of Akron and is very involved in the music =
program of the church. He voiced Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors at The =
University of Akron's Daum Theatre where he also played John Proctor in =
The Crucible. He sang Bartolo in the Marriage of Figaro and was a chorus =
member in Tosca, both at E.J. Thomas Hall. A Cleveland native, he was a =
chorus member in the Cleveland Heights High School production of Purley =
Victorius, beginning his career as Albert Peterson in Bye, Bye Birdie at =
Wiley Middle School, University Heights.

Jennifer Kay Jeter Armelia AKRON

Jennifer has a Bachelors degree in theater/scenic design and a Masters =
degree in theater/performance art, both from The University of Akron. =
She was on Weathervane's stage in The African Company Presents Richard =
III, directed WCP's The fifteen Minute Hamlet, provided lighting for =
Kiss Me, Kate, and has been busy acting, directing or providing =
technical support for Hower House, Stan Hywet, Coach House, Firestone =
Theatre, Karamu and The University of Akron.

Lakesha "Keysha" Toney Nell Carter AKRON

Keysha played Ella Fitzgerald in Legends: a journey through jazz at =
Youngstown Playhouse this past year. In 1999, she was a chorus member in =
Darker Face of the Earth preceded in 1997 by several parts in =
Weathervane's The Colored Museum. She played the same parts for ACT =
Theater at Kent State University, in 1995 and studied music education at =
Kent State University.

Carolyn L. Orr Charlaine CUYAHOGA FALLS

Carolyn is a Deputy Sheriff for Summit County and a member of the US Air =
Force Reserves, 910th Medical Squadron in Youngstown. She is originally =
from the South Bronx, where she sang in her church choir until she was =
15. She then studied with her uncle, Professor Alex Bradford, a singer, =
actor, composer and director. She moved to Akron in 1990 and became a =
member of Community Fellowship Church where she sings in the choir and =
performs whenever possible in community productions.

Aric Calhoun Andr=E9 MAPLE HEIGHTS

Aric is an actor, singer and dancer, appearing at Cassidy Theatre as a =
cubicle worker in Working and as a black attorney and first officer in =
Ragtime. He is a state trooper in the video release, Massachusetts State =
Training, played in Entertainment, a workshop for actors at Karamu =
House, and was Little Moe in Five Guys Named Moe at the Beck Center for =
the Arts.=20

Weathervane Playhouse presents the soul-shakin', foot-stompin', Tony =
Award-winning musical AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'. The joint will be jumpin' with =
AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' at Weathervane Playhouse, January 12 - February 5. =
Low-cost previews January 12 & 13 at 7:30 p.m. with official opening =
Friday, January 14 at 8 p.m. and luncheon matinee on January 22. Other =
performances are Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. =
and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. Charge by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office =
at 330-836-2626. The production is recommended for general audiences age =
14 or older.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth,
education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.
Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber =
Companywww.weathervaneplayhouse.com
***30***
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C4EC98.7ACA9F20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 =
size=3D2><STRONG>WEATHERVANE=20
PLAYHOUSE</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2><FONT=20
color=3D#ff0000><STRONG>Names Cast for</STRONG><STRONG>AIN=92T=20
MISBEHAVIN=92</STRONG></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D2>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><EM><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000>The =
toe-tappin,=20
Tony Award-winning musical</FONT></EM></STRONG></DIV>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P><B>Weathervane Playhouse</B> announces the cast for <B><I>AIN=92T=20
MISBEHAVIN=92</B></I>, the soul-shakin=92, foot-stompin=92 musical at =
Weathervane=20
<B>January 12 through February 5, 2005.</P></B>
<P>The setting is a Harlem cabaret of the 1930s where we hear dozens of=20
toe-tappin=92 tunes including <I>Honeysuckle Rose, Squeeze Me</I> and =
<I>The Joint=20
is Jumpin=92.</I> Other songs and production numbers that make up the =
musical are=20
<I>I=92m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Two Sleepy =
People, I=20
Can=92t Give You Anything but Love</I> and <I>It=92s a Sin to Tell a=20
Lie</I>.<BR></P><B>
<P>Director/Choreographer</B>: <B>Mart=EDn C=E9spedes</B> directed last =
season=92s=20
production of <I>My Way, A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra.</I> He, =
most=20
recently, directed and choreographed the critically acclaimed <I>Five =
Guys Names=20
Moe</I> and <I>Smokey Joe=92s Caf=E9</I> at Beck Center. He last =
appeared in the=20
Broadway tours of <I>Man of La Mancha</I> with Jack Jones and Ron =
Holgate where=20
he completed over 300 consecutive performances in the role of Pedro. He =
was=20
recently featured in <B>Bravo Magazine</B> honoring his contribution to =
the=20
Theater and naming him one of Ohio=92s up and coming Hispanic =
artists.</P><B>
<P>Musical Director</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>: </FONT><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D2>Heidi Herczeg </B>holds a master=92s degree in Music Education =
from Case=20
Western Reserve University and is a graduate of Baldwin-Wallace College=20
Conservatory. Heidi is a vocal music teacher at Bay Middle School and a =
master=20
teacher in the Metropolitan Opera=92s Creating Original Opera Program. =
She has=20
also performed with the Cleveland Opera Chorus and the Cleveland =
Orchestra=20
Chorus. Heidi has most recently been music director for <I>Beehive</I> =
at Rocky=20
River Community Center, worked this past summer for the Fairmount Arts =
Camp with=20
Fred Sternfeld and was seen in <I>A Sneak Peak</I> at Playhouse=20
Square.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Cast:</P>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<P align=3Djustify>Eric B. Turner, M.Ed., M.A.,</B> (AKRON) will be seen =
in the=20
role of "Ken". Eric is a part-time academic advisor at The University of =
Akron=20
where he received a Bachelors degree in vocal performance, a Masters =
degree in=20
Music Theory and an Master of Education degree in Higher Education=20
Administration. He is currently working on a Ph.D. at the International =
College=20
of Bible Theology in Chicago, IL. He serves as a staff pastor at the =
United=20
Baptist Church of Akron and is very involved in the music program of the =
church.=20
He voiced Audrey in <I>Little Shop of Horrors</I> at The University of =
Akron=92s=20
Daum Theatre where he also played John Proctor in <I>The Crucible</I>. =
He sang=20
Bartolo in the <I>Marriage of Figaro</I> and was a chorus member in=20
<I>Tosca</I>, both at E.J. Thomas Hall. A Cleveland native, he was a =
chorus=20
member in the Cleveland Heights High School production of <I>Purley=20
Victorius</I>, beginning his career as Albert Peterson in <I>Bye, Bye =
Birdie</I>=20
at Wiley Middle School, University Heights.</P><B>
<P align=3Djustify></P></DIR></DIR>
<P>Jennifer Kay Jeter</B> <I>Armelia </I>AKRON</P>
<P>Jennifer has a Bachelors degree in theater/scenic design and a =
Masters degree=20
in theater/performance art, both from The University of Akron. She was =
on=20
Weathervane=92s stage <I>in The African Company Presents Richard =
III</I>, directed=20
WCP=92s <I>The fifteen Minute Hamlet</I>, provided lighting for <I>Kiss =
Me,=20
Kate</I>, and has been busy acting, directing or providing technical =
support for=20
Hower House, Stan Hywet, Coach House, Firestone Theatre, Karamu and The=20
University of Akron.</P><B>
<P>Lakesha "Keysha" Toney</B> <I>Nell Carter</I> AKRON</P>
<P>Keysha played Ella Fitzgerald in <I>Legends: a journey through =
jazz</I> at=20
Youngstown Playhouse this past year. In 1999, she was a chorus member in =

<I>Darker Face of the Earth</I> preceded in 1997 by several parts in=20
Weathervane=92s <I>The Colored Museum</I>. She played the same parts for =
ACT=20
Theater at Kent State University, in 1995 and studied music education at =
Kent=20
State University.</P><B>
<P>Carolyn L. Orr</B> <I>Charlaine</I> CUYAHOGA FALLS</P>
<P>Carolyn is a Deputy Sheriff for Summit County and a member of the US =
Air=20
Force Reserves, 910<SUP>th</SUP> Medical Squadron in Youngstown. She is=20
originally from the South Bronx, where she sang in her church choir =
until she=20
was 15. She then studied with her uncle, Professor Alex Bradford, a =
singer,=20
actor, composer and director. She moved to Akron in 1990 and became a =
member of=20
Community Fellowship Church where she sings in the choir and performs =
whenever=20
possible in community productions.</P><B>
<P>Aric Calhoun</B> <I>Andr=E9 </I>MAPLE HEIGHTS</P>
<P>Aric is an actor, singer and dancer, appearing at Cassidy Theatre as =
a=20
cubicle worker in <I>Working</I> and as a black attorney and first =
officer in=20
<I>Ragtime</I>. He is a state trooper in the video release<I>, =
Massachusetts=20
State Training</I>, played in <I>Entertainment</I>, a workshop for =
actors at=20
Karamu House, and was Little Moe <I>in Five Guys Named Moe</I> at the =
Beck=20
Center for the Arts. </P><I></I>
<P>Weathervane Playhouse presents the soul-shakin=92, foot-stompin=92, =
Tony=20
Award-winning musical <B><I>AIN=92T MISBEHAVIN=92. </B></I>The joint =
will be jumpin=92=20
with <B><I>AIN=92T MISBEHAVIN=92</I> </B>at <B>Weathervane</B> =
<B>Playhouse, January=20
12 =96 February 5</B>. Low-cost previews January 12 & 13 at 7:30 =
p.m. with=20
official opening Friday, January 14 at 8 p.m.<B> </B>and luncheon =
matinee on=20
January 22<B>. </B>Other performances are Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., =
Fridays and=20
Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. Charge by phone at =
Weathervane=92s=20
Ticket Office at <B>330-836-2626</B>. <B>The production is recommended =
for=20
general audiences age 14 or older.</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>The Ohio Arts Council =
helped fund this=20
program with state tax dollars to encourage economic =
growth,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>education excellence =
and cultural=20
enrichment for all Ohioans.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D1><EM>Additional =
Season Sponsors:=20
WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber=20
Company</EM>www.weathervaneplayhouse.com</FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT =

face=3DArial size=3D1>
<DIV align=3Dcenter>***30***</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C4EC98.7ACA9F20--