[NEohioPAL]Western Reserve Community Band Seeks Mallet/Auxiliary Percussionist

Ralph Meyer tenrsax at alltel.net
Sun Jan 2 11:50:05 PST 2005

Western Reserve Community Band Seeks Mallet/Auxiliary Percussionist

The WRCB is in it's 8th season and is looking for a Mallet/Auxiliary
Percussionist to join our ensemble. The ensemble is made up of adults
from Summit, Cuyahoga, Portage and Stark county. We have members from
Akron, Aurora, Bedford, Canal Fulton, Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn,
Glenwillow, Hudson, Kent, Macedonia, Maple Heights, Peninsula, Ravenna,
Stow, Streetsboro and Twinsburg. We perform a wide variety of
transcriptions, traditional band literature, marches, broadway/show and
popular tunes.  Our preparation now is for our Spring Concert in March
where we play a more classical than summer pops program.

We rehearse on Thursday night from 7:30 until 9:00 pm in Hudson in the
Hudson Middle School Band Room located off of Oviatt Street.
We are three blocks from the intersection of Routes 91 and 303.

We have performed at the Hudson Memorial Day Parade, Hudson Fourth of
July Fireworks, Hudson Summer Music Festival, Hudson Ice Cream Social,
Aurora Fourth of July Festival, Twinsburg Summer Music Festival, Hudson
Caroling on the Green, Hudson Holiday Walk, Blossom Family Days,
Macedonia Sunday Night Concerts; Hudson Elms Retirement Community,
Laurel Lake Retirement Community, Stan Hywet Hall, Hale Farm and
Village, Stow Festival Days, Annual Holiday Concert at St. Barnabas
Church in Northfield, the Woolly Bear Festival in Vermillion and our
Annual Teddy Bears Picnic Children's Concert in September.

For more information please contact:

Ralph Meyer, Conductor
Western Reserve Community Band
134 Blackberry Drive